BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

3 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

With our recent experiences of "closing deals" i find it mental that people are openly saying we're close/going to sign Ayala. Balls of steel if you ask me ha. Don't believe anything until the club announce he's signed.

My thoughts exactly. Hope we're not being used as bait to catch a bigger fish (again).

Continually reading any deal is "close" makes me nervous. Can't be that close or we'd be reading it was done and dusted. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Can't be that close or we'd be reading it was done and dusted. 

It's done. He's signed terms, medical already completed a week or two ago anyway, will be announced today or tomorrow.

Just asked my friend who is a season ticket holder at Boro, about Ayala.. this was his reply:

Hi and hope all well - he's a good player and definitely one that I would class as organised - only criticism that I would say is that he sometimes gets distracted with niggles with opposition players and picks up some silly bookings. Ironically we could still do with him and think it came done to contract and wages

Sounds perfect for us! Everything crossed 

7 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Just asked my friend who is a season ticket holder at Boro, about Ayala.. this was his reply:

Hi and hope all well - he's a good player and definitely one that I would class as organised - only criticism that I would say is that he sometimes gets distracted with niggles with opposition players and picks up some silly bookings. Ironically we could still do with him and think it came done to contract and wages

Sounds perfect for us! Everything crossed 

Would you be able to ask if theres been any signs this season just gone of him slowing down? Age and injury issues concern me a little (more for next season than this probably but still).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Russ said:

Has the shits (Warnock interview earlier)

Just crapping himself at the prospect of playing for the mighty blue and whites. Hopefully he's over that by the time he actually ends up sitting on the bench, or it's going to be messy.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Where is this from that he could be announced so soon? Suppose with the medical done theres little left to do.

I just know, heard from someone at the club. 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Cheers. I did read that Stojanovic (their other goalkeeper who was 1st choice before Bettinelli signed) was ill hence why Pears was sub v Watford, but maybe Warnock has been making his unwanted keepers ill!

I saw it here

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-pears-transfer-middlesbrough-18936099

"Asked whether Pears could feature in Middlesbrough's Carabao Cup fixture against Barnsley, Warnock responded: "Aynsley has had some sickness and diarrhea today so I'm not sure about the goalkeeping position at this moment. I'll have to wait and see."

• Like 1

Rovers transfer update 15/9/20

Given there's a match on today TM can be forgiven for not signing any players today. That said Tony has excellently multitasked in the last two games, simultaneously managing the team whilst also sending a compelling message to the owners about our need for defenders. 

The signing of Ayala is rumoured to be nearing completion. Fans remain cautious as, short of cowboy builders, the phrase nearing completion has never been used so frequently with such little end result as in a Rovers transfer window. 

That said fans are getting excited about the signing of Ayala. On paper he matches all three essential criteria for this summer's signings for Rovers: 1) he plays in a position we desperate need cover for. 2) he has championship experience and 3) he has played for Boro. 

Despite being a positive signing fans begin arguing about who was "in the know" and knew this transfer was happening. Fractious lot this BRFCS crowd. Personally I'd settle for our manager and managing director being ITK and not shadowy forces pulling the strings. 

In light of the three essential criteria necessary to sign for Rovers we are reputedly in for Pears. Concerns are raised about whether he has enough experience albeit when the only other options are youth keepers this becomes something of a moot point. 

Rovers issue a statement denying the European scouting team haven't been seen since a team bonding day getting pissed in Tyneside. 

All in all a positive day in the transfer window. 

Edited by Blue blood
  • Like 5

Just now, Russ said:

I saw it here

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-pears-transfer-middlesbrough-18936099

"Asked whether Pears could feature in Middlesbrough's Carabao Cup fixture against Barnsley, Warnock responded: "Aynsley has had some sickness and diarrhea today so I'm not sure about the goalkeeping position at this moment. I'll have to wait and see."

Shame they're not playing Leeds - he could have used Bielsa's bucket.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Probably did but to play in some 4th rate league on the other side of the world for more money - crappy human rights laws, he is already settled in UK, and can play in a better quality competition. I kinda applaud him if he has turned down bigger bucks.

My prediction is that Evans is on his way to Stoke.

This impending sale is the reason he isnt in the squad tonight and we've miraculously revived the Ayala deal seemingly persuading him to join us over other clubs.

I've no evidence for this suspicion just putting a few things together and if it's nonsense fine but I can't believe his injury record.

• Like 1