BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, alex l said:

So for those who implied our interest was for show and just so statements could be made saying we tried? Or that doubted we had the level of funds needed for such a player? Anyone willing to admit they were wrong?

There's been a lot of criticism in these hundreds of pages so only right credit is given as well. 

To be fair, people have been correct to be critical and skeptical based on what has gone on defensively to date.

Everything regarding the signing of Ayala has been positive and it has been full of praise.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To be fair, people have been correct to be critical and skeptical based on what has gone on defensively to date.

Everything regarding the signing of Ayala has been positive and it has been full of praise.

It's absolutely right to question the club and ask for people to held to account. Some, however, go well beyond this and no longer give the club a chance. I'm pretty sure comments along those I said have been made.

14 minutes ago, alex l said:

So for those who implied our interest was for show and just so statements could be made saying we tried? Or that doubted we had the level of funds needed for such a player? Anyone willing to admit they were wrong?

There's been a lot of criticism in these hundreds of pages so only right credit is given as well. 

Absolutely

Delighted with this signing.

We absolutely need another CB though. Currently we have Lenihan, Ayala, Williams and  then Wharton/Magloire.

Those three senior centre backs, I fear, won't complete full seasons. They're all injury prone.

Despite his Leicester/Bournemouth performances, I'd still move Williams on and try and get another CB who hasn't got a poor injury record.

That said, beggars can't be choosers.

Edited by bringdunnback
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bringdunnback said:

We absolutely need another CB though. Currently we have Lenihan, Ayala, Williams and  then Wharton/Magloire.

Those three senior centre backs, I fear, won't complete full seasons. They're all injury prone.

Despite his Leicester/Bournemouth performances, I'd still move Williams on and try and get another CB who hasn't got a poor injury record.

Especially as it seems WIlliams might be off. Kinda hope we keep him but only in a backup capacity as he can fill two roles (albeit not very well lol)

Plus, he has some mighty pearly whites going on there.

Edited by JacknOry

14 minutes ago, bringdunnback said:

I think Williams will be on his way out now with this signing.

2 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Now that is a good piece of transfer news, I'd say he's the nasty, cynical bugger we've been crying out for. 

Credit to Mowbray on this one, let's hope he gets him in the side straight away with none of this 'bedding in'.

‘The challenge for him is to now win the shirt off Del’...

• Like 3

Good effort and not before time so any moaning at both manager and owners has been fully justified. Bowyers era got Duffy in and even Coyles reign saw Mulgrew signed so it's about time Mowbray & Swaggo delivered a decent defender so no need for squabbling, point scoring or i told you so's.

Let's all get behind him and hope it was worth the wait.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3