BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

7 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Come on, i am quick to criticize but we could have not done much better than Ayala at this level. Even most Boro fans say he would walk into their defense. He has niggles, sure, but dont most of our backline? Really cannot fathom anyone being upset at this signing. 

No issues, just I don't think he's as good as people are believing him to be.

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Great signing Ayala.  

Sign a good left back.  

Tosin back on on loan and a midfielder and it would be dream window.

I was thinking the same, Tosin alongside Ayala, with Cunningham (or similar standard LB) and Lenihan going to back up, would be a serious upgrade. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

Looks good, some great distribution from the back, chips in with goals, good defending.  Do they have a blunders highlights?

Looks very strong, at least as much so as Lenihan, and a lot better with the ball at his feet than I was led to believe previously. Especially some of those turns and dribbles! As long as his legs aren't going yet, this should be a good signing.

I do wonder if 3 years will prove a year too far as presumably one of our best paid players, but right now we simply need some quality there so I'm happy.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Looks very strong, at least as much so as Lenihan, and a lot better with the ball at his feet than I was led to believe previously. Especially some of those turns and dribbles! As long as his legs aren't going yet, this should be a good signing.

I do wonder if 3 years will prove a year too far as presumably one of our best paid players, but right now we simply need some quality there so I'm happy.

Good CB should play on till 33-34 no problem.  Mulgrew not really a CB.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Good CB should play on till 33-34 no problem.  Mulgrew not really a CB.

It always, always depends on the legs. Nous can make up for that a fair bit, but given how many goals we seem to ship on counter attacks, I'd be very worried if any of our defenders got slower.

There's playing on, and there's being first choice. 15k pw or so for a third choice CB will be a problem...hopefully one we don't have to experience though, certainly could still be top notch by the end of his deal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Trav May require surgery. I’d get James Garner in on a six month loan now so we have cover, or fuck it and spend the £2m for Whiteman.

That could scupper move for left back though 

I think I could cope with Evans Johnson Buckley and Davenport for 6months more than I could Bell for another 6months

Edited by AJW
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Trav May require surgery. I’d get James Garner in on a six month loan now so we have cover, or fuck it and spend the £2m for Whiteman.

That's very, very bad news. He hasn't looked entirely on his game, and I was saying a day or so ago that I wondered if he had an underlying recent injury issue of some sort holding him back a little. I wonder if he was getting a bit of wear and tear there and it's just gone tonight.

I wanted us to bring Garner in anyway, but especially so now. I was reading earlier today that he scored 9 in I think 12 or 13 for Manure u23s. Some going for a midfielder meant to be in the Carrick mould.