BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

12 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Evans is very good, and out best run of 6 wins in 7 came with him playing. He reads the game brilliantly and defends well.

Johnson has been very disappointing.

I prefer JRC in CM.

I'd prefer:

Buckley-Holtby-Rothwell

Dolan Brereton Armstrong

at home vs a side like Wycombe. 

Evans does have some merit, but I'd try to speed things up, Evans main attribute is ball retention, and regurgitating. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

I'd prefer:

Buckley-Holtby-Rothwell

Dolan Brereton Armstrong

at home vs a side like Wycombe. 

Evans does have some merit, but I'd try to speed things up, Evans main attribute is ball retention, and regurgitating. 

Agree with you that Evans is probably best for tough away games. Definitely wouldn't leave JRC out though.. 

Hope we are not all pinning too much hope on Ayala. The Boro players keeping him out of contention are nothing to write home about.

I suspect Mulgrew, Williams and Evans will not be at Ewood by mid October based on Mowbray's moan about the suits.

Is there any substance about the Greg Cunningham talk on here?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Hope we are not all pinning too much hope on Ayala. The Boro players keeping him out of contention are nothing to write home about.

I suspect Mulgrew, Williams and Evans will not be at Ewood by mid October based on Mowbray's moan about the suits.

Is there any substance about the Greg Cunningham talk on here?

Which Boro players were keeping Ayala out? I thought he was dropped due to not signing a new contract? 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Feed the Yak said:

Which Boro players were keeping Ayala out? I thought he was dropped due to not signing a new contract? 

Boro are not known for skimping on paying wages. 

The rest of their backline squad were judged to be better value for money than Ayala. 

3 minutes ago, philipl said:

The rest of their backline squad were judged to be better value for money than Ayala. 

No players at Boro were keeping Ayala out the team he wanted to leave and you're suggesting they have better players in your initial comment, which pretty much any honest Boro fan will tell you they don't. Led to believe he also wanted to move away from the area and is now located in the Merseyside area.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

LB first, we can always loan someone in to cover Travis. 

Problem is, it needs to be someone like Travis that we bring in. He is very important for the pressing game that we play. 

The problem is we really needed another Travis to play alongside Travis -before Travis got injured!

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, philipl said:

This isn't true. He refused to sign to an extension, as per Boro's local rag

He was also their highest earner, so not sure what that says about what he's on here now. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Feed the Yak said:

Reckon we still might have a sniff at Tosin on loan near the end of the window? I could see him potentially being utilised further up the pitch this time round with Travis out. 

Probably not realistic with Ayala in and the wages he is likely to command but hopefully something we are still monitoring. 

Would love Tosin back but he would expect to start and not sure TM will drop Lenihan.I think Tosin sees himself as a CB too, so not sure he would be too happy playing further up. 

7 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

Evans is very good, and out best run of 6 wins in 7 came with him playing. He reads the game brilliantly and defends well.

Johnson has been very disappointing.

I prefer JRC in CM.

Thinking about it with Trav out JRC could pick up his role on the right. Got a good engine, but he would need to put in his foot a bit more. JRC has been a bit of an enigma to me. People rate him but he seems a pretty straightforward box to box player in the mould of Emerton or Bennett, lacking the same sort of technical ability of Dolan, Buckley, even Travis who is technically excellent. Despite being in advanced positions JRC has created relatively little? Unlike say Dolan who has in a short period created a lot.

But maybe JRC will show more of what people rate over time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, philipl said:

According to my friend who is a season ticket holder at Boro, Ayala was one of their best defenders and would walk back in the team today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, danger19_80 said:

At least Trav's injury has happened now so we've a chance to bring in cover for him

True. A bit silly of him to go into that challenge with such force and put both players at risk.

Not my favourite Norwegian player, but I doubt Stefan Johansen will get much playing time in the Premier League for Fulham. Probably on fairly big wages but is proven in the Championship and puts a shift in every time. Loan deal?

• Like 1

Just now, Darwen Rover 007 said:

According to my friend who is a season ticket holder at Boro, Ayala was one of their best defenders and would walk back in the team today.

Agreed, I used to go to a lot of boro games with the ex inlaws and thought Ayala was a great CB. Not kept up with them over the past two seasons so dont know if he's changed but the ayala of a acouple of years ago is an exciting signing and at 29 he's still got a good few years in him.

40 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Thinking about it with Trav out JRC could pick up his role on the right. Got a good engine, but he would need to put in his foot a bit more. JRC has been a bit of an enigma to me. People rate him but he seems a pretty straightforward box to box player in the mould of Emerton or Bennett, lacking the same sort of technical ability of Dolan, Buckley, even Travis who is technically excellent. Despite being in advanced positions JRC has created relatively little? Unlike say Dolan who has in a short period created a lot.

But maybe JRC will show more of what people rate over time.

I've not seen anything that stands out from JRC yet personally, but I'm prepared to give him time.

He's like a very poor mans Paul Warhurst for me (not necessarily an insult, as I think Warhurst was very, very good but for injuries).

Ayala is a great signing for us at this level, a solid defender and seems to be a threat from set pieces as a bonus. As a permanent signing it's probably as good as we could've hoped for. Boro fans saying that he's got a mistake in him, I think every defender has a mistake in them (Van Dijk had a mare against Leeds), it's just a case of how frequently it happens.

Would be great if we could bring Cunningham back but we really just need to bring in a competent left back. Bell is League One at best and if I recall he struggled to overthrow Williams from that position during our season down there.

With Travis injured I could see us getting a loan deal for Gardner sorted. Friend of mine is a Man United fan and really rates him...but that's just one opinion.