BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

15 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Yeah, I think Bonne did well at Orient previously too. I thought Marcus Forss might have been a goer, largely due to him being with HSH. Did well at Wimbledon last year, but looks like he’s in and around the Brentford team now with their front line being picked apart.

A premier league loan wouldn’t surprise me... can’t really name any names as I’m well out of the loop with the Prem. I wouldn’t be averse to a move for Joe Garner, but doesn’t fit the model at all.

I'd take a punt on Keinan Davis

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Incorrect, JRC has an assist. 

Brereton has nothing.

So really JRC has contributed more than Brereton

Whilst technically an 'assist' for the stats, in reality it was a short square ball across the middle of the pitch 35 yards from goal from which Johnson took a long range pot shot, which squirmed under the keeper who really ought to have done much better.

Hardly a defence splitting wonder ball which laid the goal on a plate is it?

*Edit* - Just noticed that roversfan99 made the same point much more eloquently 

Edited by DaveyB
Typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Incorrect, JRC has an assist. 

Brereton has nothing.

So really JRC has contributed more than Brereton

JRC has a goal and an assist in three league & cup games for Rovers. Clearly much more potent as you say.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think Dack would work as a number 9, then again, Gallagher out wide never worked and he continued to play it stubbornly!

I'm certain he wouldn't work as a number 9. Maybe with about half a season he could get used to it, as he's an intelligent player, but apart from goal poaching it's not his game. However I think TM would either stubbornly play him there anyway as you say, or more likely, shift him around the other 5 attacking roles until he finds one that works. His best role is behind the striker in our old formation, but I really don't think Tony has any intention of returning to that formation even for Dack. He has us playing the style he always wanted us to, I think only a terrible run of form would see a reversion.

Hopefully we start having a cutting edge with that style and become less porous.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Would love Tosin back but he would expect to start and not sure TM will drop Lenihan.I think Tosin sees himself as a CB too, so not sure he would be too happy playing further up. 

Which is kinda funny as I suspect he would be better further up. Has all the tools to be an Nzonzi type player, defensively he is solid but not convinced yet he is ever going to be truly top drawer at stopping the ball landing in the net. Has a lot to learn, but he can really slice a defence from deep if he was a DM.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dack is not a central midfielder either. If you move him too far away from the opposition goal he will not score with regularity as he does as a 10.

True. A revert to 4-2-3-1 would be great with no Travis for a while and Dack coming back, but then where does Holtby go?

12 hours ago, JacknOry said:

A lot of interceptions there, seems to read opposition players very well. If that can transfer to senior level then he could be just what we need now Travis is out, to win the ball and start attacks.

That was 2 seasons ago too, he may have been just 17 in some of those clips. Last season in PL2 div 2 he notched 8 goals in 10 games, so he seems to have added that to his game. That's from DM according to transfermarkt, which is...actually pretty unreal even at that level. Also has played against senior sides in the EFL Trophy last season and this. 3 games, 1 goal, 3 assists. Starting to really think he would be a good fit for us, especially with Trav out for a while.

Has a bit of experience for Manure's senior side, sprinkled across Prem (just 8 minutes), League Cup (25 mins) and Europa (283 mins) with no goals or assists but no shame in that and they clearly rate him.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

True. A revert to 4-2-3-1 would be great with no Travis for a while and Dack coming back, but then where does Holtby go?

Yeah there seems to be imbalances which ever way we set up doesnt there. I am unconvinced that we have the mobility and energy in central midfield without Travis.

I am not convinced for example that Johnson and Evans would compliment each other very well, Evans played with Downing I recall last season and there was not enough energy.

When Holtby played in a midfield 2 last season, especially at Leeds (admittedly the toughest game) he was so poor, he kept giving the ball away. He needs 2 more working around him really. Getting him and Dack together will be tough.

I just think with Dack and Armstrong, youd have to put probably both of them in unfamiliar positions to get them in a 4-3-3. 

15 minutes ago, JoeH said:

While I can see the reasoning behind this suggestion, I think it would really take away the high press we’ve been working on in the 433. Dack as the more advanced midfielder in a 433 with holtby and Travis (Johnson if travis ain’t fit) sitting behind him would work out fine.

Would love to see Gally play that centre role so players like dack, BB, Arma and Dolan can play off him. The only thing we really have missing from that starting XI would then just be a left back imo. 

• Like 3

4-2-3-1 can blend into 4-3-3 relatively easily during the game. Fully fit I’d like to see

————— Kaminski —————

Nyambe - Lenihan - Ayala - NewLB

————Travis — NewCM————

JRC ———— Dack ————Dolan

————— Armstrong —————

Rothwell and Holtby could rotate in for the CM. Would like to see Whiteman sign though from what I’ve heard from my Doncaster friend. (Especially with Travis now injured).

Perhaps a risk with Armstrong central on his own. With 4-3-3 you’d perhaps lean on Brereton and Gallagher more

Left back certainly the priority. 

I hope Tosin does manage a permanent move away from City, sadly won't be within our budget but Pep doesn't seem keen to include him, although City fans I know want him to.  Not much else the lad can do after a few impressive loan spells to get his chance. The 8m thats been quoted seems a fair price too in todays market.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I hope Tosin does manage a permanent move away from City, sadly won't be within our budget but Pep doesn't seem keen to include him, although City fans I know want him to.  Not much else the lad can do after a few impressive loan spells to get his chance. The 8m thats been quoted seems a fair price too in todays market.

I’ve heard he’s asked to leave. A couple of prem and champ teams interested in him. Would take him back in a heartbeat but I do feel he’s ready for the prem and that should be his logical next step. 

• Like 2