BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

7 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

If there was ever a time to creep to United it’s now go and get garner signed up he is a guaranteed game player until at least Christmas now with LT out. It’s a no brainier for me and not an expensive one at that

We aren’t the only club interested, United want certain assurances and want to send him to the “right” club. They’ve already told Huddersfield and Coventry no, hopefully it’s us who gets him in. 

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Rich Sharpe running a piece on the LB situation later today.

Anyone heard anything about a potential LB?

I've heard that Greg Cunningham is not happening.

Wouldn't surprise me speaking to a few of my mates who support Cardiff if he is to go they want cash for him and to recouped what they paid 

4 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Tony and Swag should be on the phone to Pune at this very second to ask for the funds to bring in a CM. Whiteman preferably.

Travis is a huge blow and the rest of our central midfielders are made up of weetabix or not good enough.

I would be going for Josh Cullen. 

Here some highlights of his season in the championship last season https://youtu.be/BMhU11lJMu0

My shopping list still reads:

• Experienced left back
  • Back up goalkeeper
  • CB competition
  • At least one CM (thought we needed one before Trav's injury so there's a case for 2)
  • Striker (Arma gets injured and we are feckered)

I'd assume we'd probably see a CM on loan and a permanent GK and LB and that'll be our business done barring any sales.

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would be going for Josh Cullen. 

Here some highlights of his season in the championship last season https://youtu.be/BMhU11lJMu0

I'd be trying to buy someone if Venkys give up some dosh. Think we needed 1 CM prior to Travis' injury which would have probably been a loan but i'd be inclined to think we need 2 CMs now

34 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Wouldn't surprise me speaking to a few of my mates who support Cardiff if he is to go they want cash for him and to recouped what they paid 

Recoup what they paid? They're delusional. Didn't he cost about 4 million? Not a club on the planet that's about to pay 4 million for a 29-year old  left back who has played almost his whole career at Championship or below and just spent nearly all of last season injured. I'm sure their club are considerably more sensible than your mates. I bet they'd take 2 at the drop of a hat, but that's quite a bit more than I'd feel comfortable paying.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Can only go off what I've seen, but so far JRC's versatility makes him a ten times better Benno replacement, I'd much rather have him as Tony's go to guy to plug a gap.

Even better, I'm starting to suspect Tony agrees, because we seem to be seeing less of Benno so far.

• Like 2

Whilst we need to buy in a few areas sadly unless brereton or gallagher bags 15+ goals (which personally I think is unlikely) we wont go up this season. I just cant see where the goals will come from and I cant see us adding in that area.

We still need a lb, cm and gk cover... no money left for a goal scorer

• Like 2

It makes no sense to spend money on a CM, who won't play after Travis recovers. It makes more sense to sign Dillon Phillips to compete with Kaminski than continuing to try to sign Pears.

Travis out injured is good for Holtby, who's playing in Travis' natural position and for JRC whose natural position is on the right of a midfield 2/3.The only position Brereton hasn't played is in the slot behind Armstrong, where Dack would play. I think Armstrong playing as the 1 in a 4-2-3-1 is his best position. Gallagher won't play RW and Mowbray won't play him.

We've got an injury situation that's nothing short of alarming with Travis, Dack, Gallagher, Vale, Butterworth, and Johnson all injured. I don't know what the situation is with Evans. Mowbray regards him as a 'top man'; Evans may want to play to be in the 'shop window'. As for Mulgrew, it seems  to me the best solution would be for Fleetwood to pay what they can and put the 'remainder' to be paid as a promotion bonus.

It appears to me that Holtby and Johnson have 60-70 minutes in the tank, like an electric car that will get you near where you want to go, but won't go all the way, like ex-girlfriends. :Playing those two means you'd be planning to bring on 2 subs. I'd use Buckley and Davenport or Rothwell and Buckley. There''s Lyons waiting his turn, too.

A new LB is critical.

Playing well,but losing was the epitaph of Mowbray's West Brom's one season in the Premnier League under him.It's no guarantee of results. As Souness' charge up the table to overtake Bolton for second proved playing well followed results.

24 minutes ago, Naterinno said:

Whilst we need to buy in a few areas sadly unless brereton or gallagher bags 15+ goals (which personally I think is unlikely) we wont go up this season. I just cant see where the goals will come from and I cant see us adding in that area.

We still need a lb, cm and gk cover... no money left for a goal scorer

I disagree. We just scored 2 away at Bournemouth and really should have had more.

The goals will come, I just can't see us keeping enough out...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

It makes no sense to spend money on a CM, who won't play after Travis recovers. It makes more sense to sign Dillon Phillips to compete with Kaminski than continuing to try to sign Pears.

Travis out injured is good for Holtby, who's playing in Travis' natural position and for JRC whose natural position is on the right of a midfield 2/3.The only position Brereton hasn't played is in the slot behind Armstrong, where Dack would play. I think Armstrong playing as the 1 in a 4-2-3-1 is his best position. Gallagher won't play RW and Mowbray won't play him.

We've got an injury situation that's nothing short of alarming with Travis, Dack, Gallagher, Vale, Butterworth, and Johnson all injured. I don't know what the situation is with Evans. Mowbray regards him as a 'top man'; Evans may want to play to be in the 'shop window'. As for Mulgrew, it seems  to me the best solution would be for Fleetwood to pay what they can and put the 'remainder' to be paid as a promotion bonus.

It appears to me that Holtby and Johnson have 60-70 minutes in the tank, like an electric car that will get you near where you want to go, but won't go all the way, like ex-girlfriends. :Playing those two means you'd be planning to bring on 2 subs. I'd use Buckley and Davenport or Rothwell and Buckley. There''s Lyons waiting his turn, too.

A new LB is critical.

Playing well,but losing was the epitaph of Mowbray's West Brom's one season in the Premnier League under him.It's no guarantee of results. As Souness' charge up the table to overtake Bolton for second proved playing well followed results.

Why wouldn't they play when Travis recovers? 

Holtby - been good in CM pre-season and the first two games. Will it last?

Johnson - Uninterested most of the time and not fit enough to last 90 minutes and not fit enough to play every game

Evans - Injured all of the time

Davenport - Has played like 15 minutes in the past 2 years

Rothwell - Probably trust him there as he looks best playing there but very inconsistent.

JRC - Not a CM.

The fact is we should be signing a midfielder to play ALONGSIDE Travis. However, he's injured so should be signing someone to play whilst he's injured AND when he comes back.

• Like 4