BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

47 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Why wouldn't they play when Travis recovers? 

Holtby - been good in CM pre-season and the first two games. Will it last?

Johnson - Uninterested most of the time and not fit enough to last 90 minutes and not fit enough to play every game

Evans - Injured all of the time

Davenport - Has played like 15 minutes in the past 2 years

Rothwell - Probably trust him there as he looks best playing there but very inconsistent.

JRC - Not a CM.

The fact is we should be signing a midfielder to play ALONGSIDE Travis. However, he's injured so should be signing someone to play whilst he's injured AND when he comes back.

Holtby - Who knows? Enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Johnson - move on

Evans - not injured all the time

Davenport - it's Mowbray who picks the team

Rothwell - CM, as he doesn't appear to fit anywhere else

JRC - Never said he is a CM, he's a RH in old parlance

We have more than enough cover in the midfield and other priorities that need addressing.

1 hour ago, Richard Oakley said:

It makes no sense to spend money on a CM, who won't play after Travis recovers. It makes more sense to sign Dillon Phillips to compete with Kaminski than continuing to try to sign Pears.

Travis out injured is good for Holtby, who's playing in Travis' natural position and for JRC whose natural position is on the right of a midfield 2/3.The only position Brereton hasn't played is in the slot behind Armstrong, where Dack would play. I think Armstrong playing as the 1 in a 4-2-3-1 is his best position. Gallagher won't play RW and Mowbray won't play him.

We've got an injury situation that's nothing short of alarming with Travis, Dack, Gallagher, Vale, Butterworth, and Johnson all injured. I don't know what the situation is with Evans. Mowbray regards him as a 'top man'; Evans may want to play to be in the 'shop window'. As for Mulgrew, it seems  to me the best solution would be for Fleetwood to pay what they can and put the 'remainder' to be paid as a promotion bonus.

It appears to me that Holtby and Johnson have 60-70 minutes in the tank, like an electric car that will get you near where you want to go, but won't go all the way, like ex-girlfriends. :Playing those two means you'd be planning to bring on 2 subs. I'd use Buckley and Davenport or Rothwell and Buckley. There''s Lyons waiting his turn, too.

A new LB is critical.

Playing well,but losing was the epitaph of Mowbray's West Brom's one season in the Premnier League under him.It's no guarantee of results. As Souness' charge up the table to overtake Bolton for second proved playing well followed results.

Makes sense to buy Phillips?No it doesn't.

Kaminski has been brought in as number 1 and Phillips would expect the same, we don't have a big budget and you want us to spend a million or so on another goalkeeper 

• Like 5

I don’t think he will be coming in this window but a midfield 3 of travis - holtby - whiteman would be very strong with whiteman offering some real balance with him being left footed. On the flip side you could drop travis and whiteman abit deeper and play dack ahead of them when he’s fit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Johnson - move on

We have more than enough cover in the midfield and other priorities that need addressing.

Throwing another one out there if we can think outside the box - Magloire as our new Axe meets Kante? Use his pace to protect the back 4 against the counter and get him harrying and harassing all game, keeping it simple and lay it to Holtby. Also allows us to keep sticking our wing back up the pitch. 

- - - - - - - - - - - Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Ayala New Lb

- - - - - - - -Magloire Holtby 

- - - -  - - - - - - - Rothwell

Dolan - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Brereton 

- - - - - - - - - - - Armstrong 

Edited by Feed the Yak
  • Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

Makes sense to buy Phillips?No it doesn't.

Kaminski has been brought in as number 1 and Phillips would expect the same, we don't have a big budget and you want us to spend a million or so on another goalkeeper 

It does, if you expect that goalkeeper to compete with Kaminski and not be a no 2.Would Pears even be a No 2?

8 minutes ago, Feed the Yak said:

Throwing another one out there if we can think outside the box - Magloire as our new Axe meets Kante? Use his pace to protect the back 4 against the counter and get him harrying and harassing all game, keeping it simple and lay it to Holtby. Also allows us to keep sticking our wing back up the pitch. 

- - - - - - - - - - - Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Ayala New Lb

- - - - - - - -Magloire Holtby 

- - - -  - - - - - - - Rothwell

Dolan - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Brereton 

- - - - - - - - - - - Armstrong 

Using Magloire like that has crossed my mind, too. Likewise,using Rothwell as an enforcer in the the middle third of the pitch. Game plans that primarily use our fullbacks as fullbacks and not as wing backs would be something I'd prefer.

As you say, thinking outside the box.

Edited by Richard Oakley

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think Bristol Citys local reporter denied any interest but you are right, I cant see us spending 7 figures on a player this window in fact.

Weird thing there is TM has talked a couple of times about players on their list that they think will cost a few million, but Sharpe says we won't be spending one million.

Why are they on the list then? Just to create false expectation with fans? In case they come down in value rapidly due to covid? As a possible late begging bowl approach to Venkys? Or Sharpe is just wrong?

39 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Johnson - move on

My argument is. It shouldn't be 'cover'. We should have a midfield full of people that are good enough or fit enough to get us promoted.

Davenport, Evans and Johnson aren't the answer.

Holtby and Rothwell COULD be. But we need someone else.

• Like 2

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

We have someone else - JRC and Travis on his return.

JRC shouldn't be playing in the midfield 3. Sick of playing people out of position. He should be out wide in a front 3. Travis is out so we need someone. Weird that you don't see it that way - obviously want us to struggle for 3 months whilst he is out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

My argument is. It shouldn't be 'cover'. We should have a midfield full of people that are good enough or fit enough to get us promoted.

Spot on. They should buy Whiteman and he and travis would be brilliant 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ruaney said:

JRC shouldn't be playing in the midfield 3. Sick of playing people out of position. He should be out wide in a front 3. Travis is out so we need someone. Weird that you don't see it that way - obviously want us to struggle for 3 months whilst he is out.

JRC is not a RW of a front 3. His natural position is as RH.That is the position he made his own in the U23s. I think Whiteman is too like Travis for them to play well together.

You're sick of playing people out of position, yet want us to sign a midfielder to play out of position, whilst Travis is out injured.

46 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Weird thing there is TM has talked a couple of times about players on their list that they think will cost a few million, but Sharpe says we won't be spending one million.

Why are they on the list then? Just to create false expectation with fans? In case they come down in value rapidly due to covid? As a possible late begging bowl approach to Venkys? Or Sharpe is just wrong?

My guess.

Like anyone at the club has told him we'll spend 900k on someone (Kipre) but not under any circumstances, will we spend 1million.

33 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Truth is we don't exactly know his real position yet, your opinion outstanding. He has been all over the pitch in the u23s and senior team last few years. You'll see plenty of disagreement here on his best position.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Truth is we don't exactly know his real position yet, your opinion outstanding. He has been all over the pitch in the u23s and senior team last few years. You'll see plenty of disagreement here on his best position.

Yes, and our best performance was with him in central midfield. Was also the best physical stats for the team in 3 years according to Tony.

1 hour ago, Ruaney said:

Yep bring a better one in and move one out, that's how improving is done.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yep bring a better one in and move one out, that's how improving is done.

Davenport would be the one I'd move on.

Evans reads the game well and good at tackling.

Johnson good at shooting and good in the air.

I think Johnson and Gallagher are good to bring on in the last 15 minutes if we are winning to defend against ariel bombardments.

1 hour ago, Richard Oakley said:

Using Magloire like that has crossed my mind, too. Likewise,using Rothwell as an enforcer in the the middle third of the pitch. Game plans that primarily use our fullbacks as fullbacks and not as wing backs would be something I'd prefer.

As you say, thinking outside the box.

Great book that, by Big Brad ;)brad.gif

• Like 1