BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

You would like to think he now would be the perfect time to give him chance but we have all seen with chapman that travis injury means nothing when Tony doesn’t fancy a player .

His style of play is like Michael carrick (obv not at his level or quality) . Reads the game well, recycles the ball, got a tackle in him and protect the back four

I’ve watched him enough to know he is the best of the rest after travis and has the potential to improve his game, the team and his resale value. I know travis game would Improve if he played at the side of him as an anchor.  I also know Evans is an international. He prioritises his country over club every year. He is an ageing crock who had been at the club far to long and has contributed so little and is only going to get worse . It’s time he was moved on and a fresh edge brought to the team. 

Are you sure we are talking about the light and ineffectual guy I have seen in every game he played. Apart from a shot hitting him on the line and him clearing it, and putting in a decent corner from which we scored.

Caught in possession and gives the ball away almost as much as Williams.

18 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I can’t see this Manning being the one...this guy is expected to go to the PL isn’t he? 

Certainly if a Prem club genuinely wants him we have no chance. But surely it wouldn't be too hard a deal for them to tie up if so? Which makes you wonder why is he still there.

If it is him, it fits with our transfer strategy this window. Frozen out, just like Kaminski was. With the Kipre attempt we were trying to take advantage of Wigan's collapse. Ayala a free agent. We are definitely shopping for players who are costing less than they should. The covid climate will help with that too, though who knows how much it has affected our own budget.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Butty said:

Imagine selling the most promising keeper your club has ever produced for a bargain £3m but then only getting a measly 10% sell on fee. Brentford absolutely had our pants down, you’d have thought 20-25% minimum for them getting him for that price. F*****g madness!

Shay Given

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Haven’t Arsenal agreed a deal with goalkeeper Runarrson? So what would be the need to sign Raya now? 

Runarsson is very cheap, less than 2 mill, and Brentford allegedly want to loan Raya back for a season. So if they were signing Raya as an investment and have the cheaper kid be backup whilst Raya goes back to Brentford, it still makes sense. Then next season maybe loan Runarsson out instead.

Either deal could just not be happening, of course.

37 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

A lot of talk going on here tonight makes good reading to bring in quality players especially "if" existing budgets are increased with potential sell-on fees from Raya and King. Just hope whoever has authorisation at the club is local and we don't miss out due to time a lag with India. 

I dont think theres any chance that even if these sell on fees are paid, that they will just be added to the transfer budget. 

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

In fairness though, under TM we have only had one loan from a top club that I can remember, so that's a 100 percent hit rate when loaning them. Other loanees have been from lesser Prem sides and one Championship side. Reed, great success from Southampton, Cunningham, success until injured, Walton, dogshit from Brighton, Harper from WBA who was dogshit, Antonsson from Leeds who did an alright job, Payne from Hudds who we didn't really need but was ok, and Armstrong who was a success and made perm.

So the notion that we only really try from the top top clubs doesn't really add up. Also, with a small sample of one player from a big club who did well, the results have been better, although that's a very limited sample to go off! But our non top club loans have been a mixed bag. I might be forgetting some. We had some other lad on loan from Manure I think, years ago, was shit but the name escapes me. Think it was just before TM though.

For some reason i thought Harper came from somewhere else but i take your point. Mine still stands though on the point about they can't be surprised at the wages quoted but no way are half the Prems kids on that money. So it's fair to presume he's referring to enquires at the likes of City/Chelsea/Liverpool etc.

It's nice they want quality youth but as mentioned it represents false economy when you are just finishing midtable and only seem to aim for marginal gains.  However there will be some good ones to be had from other Prem clubs but going off the ones listed he seems to want flash types and they just aren't suited to our style or this league really.

Didn't we have some kid from Chelsea fairly recently or am i mixing names up again ?  Not Kane, i mean under Mowbray.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Butty said:

Imagine selling the most promising keeper your club has ever produced for a bargain £3m but then only getting a measly 10% sell on fee. Brentford absolutely had our pants down, you’d have thought 20-25% minimum for them getting him for that price. F*****g madness!

The hyperbole continues.

Lad needs his own TV series "The Legend of David Raya".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

For some reason i thought Harper came from somewhere else but i take your point. Mine still stands though on the point about they can't be surprised at the wages quoted but no way are half the Prems kids on that money. So it's fair to presume he's referring to enquires at the likes of City/Chelsea/Liverpool etc.

It's nice they want quality youth but as mentioned it represents false economy when you are just finishing midtable and only seem to aim for marginal gains.  However there will be some good ones to be had from other Prem clubs but going off the ones listed he seems to want flash types and they just aren't suited to our style or this league really.

Didn't we have some kid from Chelsea fairly recently or am i mixing names up again ?  Not Kane, i mean under Mowbray.

Ah I forgot about Kasey Palmer. Guess it's a 50% hit rate then. I mean he wasn't horrendous, but definitely a show pony at this point of his career, epitomising the flash type not cut out for this league, as you mentioned.

You're right he is probably mostly talking high end Prem clubs at that 1.5 mill a season figure, though there may be the odd outlier in lower Prem sides (prospects they bought for decent money rather than grew, for example). I feel he likes to take the most extreme examples and run with them though.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The hyperbole continues.

Lad needs his own TV series "The Legend of David Raya".

Hyerbole from the other side too, some have said he is shit. Arsenal would not be considering 10-15 million on him if that were the case.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vilesinner said:

Are you sure we are talking about the light and ineffectual guy I have seen in every game he played. Apart from a shot hitting him on the line and him clearing it, and putting in a decent corner from which we scored.

Caught in possession and gives the ball away almost as much as Williams.

Is this in a rovers shirt or do you watch a lot of burton Albion ?

for the very brief minutes he’s played he put a man of the match performance in and has done nothing of note wrong in the brief cameos he’s made

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Kasey palmer

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Is this in a rovers shirt or do you watch a lot of burton Albion ?

for the very brief minutes he’s played he put a man of the match performance in and has done nothing of note wrong in the brief cameos he’s made

I've seen him play a fair bit in a Rovers shirt, and nearly always poorly. 

He has done plenty wrong. Even the first game he played the first thing he did was to give the ball away. Wasn't it him that missed that really easy chance when we could've won an important game at the end of last season. 

It's you and some others that need to watch more Rovers games. 

5 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

I've seen him play a fair bit in a Rovers shirt, and nearly always poorly. 

He has done plenty wrong. Even the first game he played the first thing he did was to give the ball away. Wasn't it him that missed that really easy chance when we could've won an important game at the end of last season. 

It's you and some others that need to watch more Rovers games. 

To be fair, Holtby does that all the time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Certainly if a Prem club genuinely wants him we have no chance. But surely it wouldn't be too hard a deal for them to tie up if so? Which makes you wonder why is he still there.

If it is him, it fits with our transfer strategy this window. Frozen out, just like Kaminski was. With the Kipre attempt we were trying to take advantage of Wigan's collapse. Ayala a free agent. We are definitely shopping for players who are costing less than they should. The covid climate will help with that too, though who knows how much it has affected our own budget.

Hope so, sounds as if it’d be a real coup

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Holtby creates a lot, and I haven't seen Holby miss a chance like this, that effectively ended our season:

5 minutes in to the video, right at end of game:

That would have been a great goal, but I saw Holtby miss the target from the penalty spot in our last game.

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 1