BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

David Raya used to get slated on here. Did we miss him last year really? I don’t think so. We are never going to get £10 million for him, but £3 million plus some extras when he moves on, it’s not really that bad a deal.

I personally think since Mowbray has took over he has done well with his transfers. (This is assuming he doesn’t have total control, like Brereton, which I don’t think he has, could be wrong).

When we got relegated we kept all our good players, he’s signed Dack, Armstrong (slated on here constantly) Rothwell, Smallwood, Ayala, Cunningham, Downing. Great loans like (Reid albeit played out position) Adarabioyo.

He has flaws of course, what manager doesn’t, but I’ve been far happier since Mowbray took over then I have been in previous 5 years, haven’t you??

• Like 1

Just now, Wood26 said:

David Raya used to get slated on here. Did we miss him last year really? I don’t think so. We are never going to get £10 million for him, but £3 million plus some extras when he moves on, it’s not really that bad a deal.

I personally think since Mowbray has took over he has done well with his transfers. (This is assuming he doesn’t have total control, like Brereton, which I don’t think he has, could be wrong).

When we got relegated we kept all our good players, he’s signed Dack, Armstrong (slated on here constantly) Rothwell, Smallwood, Ayala, Cunningham, Downing. Great loans like (Reid albeit played out position) Adarabioyo.

He has flaws of course, what manager doesn’t, but I’ve been far happier since Mowbray took over then I have been in previous 5 years, haven’t you??

You cant give him credit for his good signings then when he blows 7m on a dud, assume that it is someone elses doing.

• Like 7

Just now, roversfan99 said:

You cant give him credit for his good signings then when he blows 7m on a dud, assume that it is someone elses doing.

Only reason is it’s out of budget, I’ve said before he’s not going to be given 7 million to sign Charlie Austin for example. 

I see your point though, but I’m also not going to hold a grudge on one bad transfer.

7 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Only reason is it’s out of budget, I’ve said before he’s not going to be given 7 million to sign Charlie Austin for example. 

I see your point though, but I’m also not going to hold a grudge on one bad transfer.

Sam Gallagher at 5 million? Ben Gladwin, Sam Hart, Paul Caddis? Chapman and Davenport have done nothing. Is Rothwell a success? Cunningham would have been good but barely played. Dominic Samuel at 500k? Walton? Kasey Palmer? Rekeem Harper? Peter Whittingham? Jayson Leutwiler? Jack Rodwell as a centre back? Bradley Johnson has been dissapointing.

Transfer record is very mixed.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Sam Gallagher at 5 million? Ben Gladwin, Sam Hart, Paul Caddis? Chapman and Davenport have done nothing. Is Rothwell a success? Cunningham would have been good but barely played. Dominic Samuel at 500k? Walton? Kasey Palmer? Rekeem Harper? Peter Whittingham? Jayson Leutwiler? Jack Rodwell as a centre back? Bradley Johnson has been dissapointing.

Transfer record is very mixed.

I don’t know a Rovers fan that didn’t want Gallagher or Chapman. Cunningham injury was unfortunate. Few of the others like Leutwiler did their jobs as back ups. I personally rate Bradley Johnson, think he was an improvement on what we had.

Its game of opinions though. For every criticism of £7 million on Brereton I see no praise on £1.7 million for Dack and Armstrong.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

I don’t know a Rovers fan that didn’t want Gallagher or Chapman. Cunningham injury was unfortunate. Few of the others like Leutwiler did their jobs as back ups. I personally rate Bradley Johnson, think he was an improvement on what we had.

Its game of opinions though. For every criticism of £7 million on Brereton I see no praise on £1.7 million for Dack and Armstrong.

I didn't particularly want Gallagher. Certainly not at 5 million. Fairly sure there will be posts on here of me saying he wasn't worth more than about 2 million or so. I did want Chapman, and think it was a gamble worth taking. It didn't pan out, partly IMO from Tony not playing him when the time was right. Which seems to have pissed the player off and disillusioned him. Partly the player's fault too, and the injury. He probably won't have worked out by the time he is done at the club, which is a shame.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Did you watch us play against Newcastle?

Missed an absolute sitter in the first half.

I think it says more about our attacking players that in the last two games our holding midfielders (Holtby, Evans) have missed our best chances to score.

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I didn't particularly want Gallagher. Certainly not at 5 million. Fairly sure there will be posts on here of me saying he wasn't worth more than about 2 million or so. I did want Chapman, and think it was a gamble worth taking. It didn't pan out, partly IMO from Tony not playing him when the time was right. Which seems to have pissed the player off and disillusioned him. Partly the player's fault too, and the injury. He probably won't have worked out by the time he is done at the club, which is a shame.

Me neither I wanted Charlie Austin

ManCrush summer list

2018: John McGinn

2019: Charlie Austin

2020: Sam Morsy

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Holtby's? The one where he smashed Nyambe's cross just wide? The force he struck that, how close it came, the difficulty from the way his body was turning...I'm not saying it was a terrific attempt but if that's missing an absolute sitter then nearly every miss is a sitter.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Had internet issues so the first half of that game is what I missed. 

But he is never going to be a big goal scorer. His passing is his forte. But we need a tough tacking son of a b1tch in midfield now that Travis is out, and to me Davenport isn't the answer. I would sure love to be wring though.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Holtby has never been known as a goalscorer tbf, more creator/dictator. Suits him in the Tugay role as long as he has others around him doing the legwork.

Perfect role for him, makes senses why Downing wasn’t renewed. I was flabbergasted when Holtby was a false 9, much better in that quarter back type role.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

I've seen him play a fair bit in a Rovers shirt, and nearly always poorly. 

He has done plenty wrong. Even the first game he played the first thing he did was to give the ball away. Wasn't it him that missed that really easy chance when we could've won an important game at the end of last season. 

It's you and some others that need to watch more Rovers games. 

We’re going to have to agree to disagree. I don’t think he’s going to be a world beater just that out of Johnson Evans and Davenport he is the best option 

46 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Holtby's? The one where he smashed Nyambe's cross just wide? The force he struck that, how close it came, the difficulty from the way his body was turning...I'm not saying it was a terrific attempt but if that's missing an absolute sitter then nearly every miss is a sitter.

He's unmarked 8 yards out.

21 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's unmarked 8 yards out.

Right, cos that's all that matters, not the stuff I said. Got it.

Context is king. It was bloody close. If he had got it a foot to the left we'd be calling it an emphatic finish and really lauding it.

22 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Right, cos that's all that matters, not the stuff I said. Got it.

Context is king. It was bloody close. If he had got it a foot to the left we'd be calling it an emphatic finish and really lauding it.

Ronaldo scores 1 in 40 fee kicks, but when he does twitter goes wild!

Holtby should of scored, wasn’t surprised he didn’t.

Lets get Dacky back.

• Like 1