BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

9 hours ago, Butty said:

Imagine selling the most promising keeper your club has ever produced for a bargain £3m but then only getting a measly 10% sell on fee. Brentford absolutely had our pants down, you’d have thought 20-25% minimum for them getting him for that price. F*****g madness!

1. 3 million + add ons 

2. You have know idea of the sell on. Just as likely to be 20% as it is 10%

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wood26 said:

David Raya used to get slated on here. Did we miss him last year really? I don’t think so. We are never going to get £10 million for him, but £3 million plus some extras when he moves on, it’s not really that bad a deal.

Did we miss him last year? Not with Walton doing such a superb job, no.

Why wouldn't we have got £10m for him eventually? 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Did we miss him last year? Not with Walton doing such a superb job, no.

Why wouldn't we have got £10m for him eventually? 

No one on here thought we could get £10m for Raya last year. Very easy to re-write history. He didn’t want to be here and so we took the Brentford offer. £3m was perhaps on the low side but not by much. I can see why he was sold. Should have found a better replacement however.

For me, selling Raya is not in the same category as selling Cairney. That was criminal.

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

No one on here thought we could get £10m for Raya last year. Very easy to re-write history. He didn’t want to be here and so we took the Brentford offer. £3m was perhaps on the low side but not by much. I can see why he was sold. Should have found a better replacement however.

For me, selling Raya is not in the same category as selling Cairney. That was criminal.

He was a developing keeper, he made mistakes, but more fool those that couldn’t see his immense potential.

£2/3million was a crap deal... however 20% sell on would soften the blow somewhat, 10% would be a shocker of a negotiation for such a young talent.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Depends on who and how close to the situation the source is, obviously...

My guess is that Sharpe & Crooke have no idea. As has been seen throughout this transfer window. Wouldnt surprise me if they got the 10% sell on from here.

Edited by callumrovers

5 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

No, it's sources. 

So again its chinese whispers.

5 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Sharpe knows about LB being close. Did he get that from here?

The bit in bold is funny. 

Every Tom, Dick and Harry knows we need a LB. Im sure TM said recently we were close and waiting to hear from the player. Sound to me that the closest Sharpe has to a source is the night cleaner.

14 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

So again its chinese whispers.

Every Tom, Dick and Harry knows we need a LB. Im sure TM said recently we were close and waiting to hear from the player. Sound to me that the closest Sharpe has to a source is the night cleaner.

Ah right. Well, if you think that you must be correct with all your sources. 

2 hours ago, callumrovers said:

1. 3 million + add ons 

2. You have know idea of the sell on. Just as likely to be 20% as it is 10%

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Haha...You’re absolutely right...always makes me laugh how people develop a notion (purely in their head) and then become disgusted with that fictional outcome.

Best one I’ve seen in the last 24hrs is the person Who is disgusted that Mowbray didn’t buy a player he doesn’t want (Morsy) because of Travis’ injury. (Which he could never have foreseen) ??‍♂️???

Sharpe said the sell on fee was 10%. For me personally I don’t feel that’s good business.

1 hour ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Raya wanted to leave after being dropped and publicly criticised by his manager - completely understandable.

Raya did have/still has huge potential - he's still very young for a keeper. Definitely a mistake selling him - and I thought so at the time. Even worse was how we replaced him.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Wood26 said:

David Raya used to get slated on here. Did we miss him last year really? I don’t think so. We are never going to get £10 million for him, but £3 million plus some extras when he moves on, it’s not really that bad a deal.

Now come on, one thing most Rovers fans agree on was that Walton was poor. I mean post lockdown alone had more than enough mistakes in a few games then would be acceptable in an entire season. He had a terribly slow and poor start too and the best that those defending him could offer was he wasn't that bad. If we didn't miss a promising young keeper in light of all that, then I don't think we ever would! It is pure revisionism to say Raya wasn't missed. 

I personally think since Mowbray has took over he has done well with his transfers. (This is assuming he doesn’t have total control, like Brereton, which I don’t think he has, could be wrong).

Interesting that his biggest clanger is racked up as him bit being in control. I can see the argument for this as £7 million for Bereton was insane and beyond illogical. That said there's little evidence for this situation too so hard to use as a defence. Do we just say all the bad ones were out of his control and the good ones were his? Not sure it's that simple. 

Ignoring Bereton there's been plenty of poor transfers - Walton, Johnson, Gally, Whittingham, Caddis, Palmer and Harper all spring to mind so his record isn't that good. Factor in the players we haven't got and needed alongside the short termism of his policy and you think there's plenty of mistakes too. Sure there's been some good stuff as you quote below, but it's a mixed bag. 

When we got relegated we kept all our good players, he’s signed Dack, Armstrong (slated on here constantly) Rothwell, Smallwood, Ayala, Cunningham, Downing. Great loans like (Reid albeit played out position) Adarabioyo.

He has flaws of course, what manager doesn’t, but I’ve been far happier since Mowbray took over then I have been in previous 5 years, haven’t you??

I think this is a misleading question. It's not whether we are happier since TM took over - with our owners and the trash they have appointed as manager it's impossible for things not to be any better. The question is whether it's good enough. To say better than the last 5 years is a very low bar - in fact the bar is buried. This leaves room for a very poor manager to still look comparatively decent. We need better standards than this. 

To answer your question of course I'm happier, but then that's a relative term, and we are still nowhere near where Rovers should be in terms of professionalism and competence. 

• Like 2