BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Reading QPR fans opinions, common consensus is hes very good going forward and poor defensively. Some suggestions that hes better in midfield.

Screenshot_20200918-212357_Twitter.jpg

Sure that him being a set piece taker will be playing a big part in him being so far ahead of everyone else. Even so, that's an incredible statistic. Whilst Gally rightly came in for plenty of stick last year, that sort of service to him could lead to us seeing a totally different player.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Sure that him being a set piece taker will be playing a big part in him being so far ahead of everyone else. Even so, that's an incredible statistic. Whilst Gally rightly came in for plenty of stick last year, that sort of service to him could lead to us seeing a totally different player.

Ah he is the set piece taker? That's a little different then, though a good source of free kicks etc is always welcome. But Charlie Mulgrew had far better goal stats at CB...and we know how that turned out...

As long as he can actually defend, which it mostly sounds like he can, I'm very much excited if it's him. As has been said, Bell can't, so even a fairly decent defender who can also smash goals and assists is a huge, huge upgrade.

• Like 1

Anyone else feel like there’s been a shift in the managers confidence in us targeting a promotion push over the last week? He’s done a couple of interviews, starting with the one before Ayala when he said players wanted to see our ambition. Then we signed Ayala and now he’s talking about us being able to ‘win lots of games’ in this league and also commenting that we’re not just here to develop the likes of Davenport and Buckley because our focus is on winning games and getting out of this league....I’m excited by the chat. They’re obv serious about going up with the signings we have made plus the interest in Manning.

I also think it looks like we’re targeting a purchased midfielder (like Whiteman)...with comments about £1.5m loan fees on young loaners and his preference to buy...felt like a shot across the bows in terms of his thinking.

• Like 5

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Anyone else feel like there’s been a shift in the managers confidence in us targeting a promotion push over the last week? He’s done a couple of interviews, starting with the one before Ayala when he said players wanted to see our ambition. Then we signed Ayala and now he’s talking about us being able to ‘win lots of games’ in this league and also commenting that we’re not just here to develop the likes of Davenport and Buckley because our focus is on winning games and getting out of this league....I’m excited by the chat. They’re obv serious about going up with the signings we have made plus the interest in Manning.

I also think it looks like we’re targeting a purchased midfielder (like Whiteman)...with comments about £1.5m loan fees on young loaners and his preference to buy...felt like a shot across the bows in terms of his thinking.

Hope you're right but he came out with the play-off chat last summer. He needs to concentrate on winning games. We haven't won many since football resumed after lockdown. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Ah he is the set piece taker? That's a little different then, though a good source of free kicks etc is always welcome. But Charlie Mulgrew had far better goal stats at CB...and we know how that turned out...

As long as he can actually defend, which it mostly sounds like he can, I'm very much excited if it's him. As has been said, Bell can't, so even a fairly decent defender who can also smash goals and assists is a huge, huge upgrade.

I think he does. Seems like the only plausible reason for him being out there on his own anyway. Flip side of that is that he is considered good enough to take free kicks! Like you I don't really know much about the defensive side of his game, but I'm taking heart from that he seems to be leaving because of a contract dispute, rather than him being a defensive liability. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Hope you're right but he came out with the play-off chat last summer. He needs to concentrate on winning games. We haven't won many since football resumed after lockdown. 

Nail on the head. We need to win some bloody games. Feels like we’ve had a pretty awful record, save for that one month run, since the turn of the year (and yes I know we had a long break).

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Is the interest in Manning even confirmed? Even in the LT Manning having been suggested rather than linked on here was seemingly mentioned as a "historic" target with Rich Sharpe saying that he didnt know Mowbrays mystery target.

Obviously Mowbray has history for revisiting former targets so its plausible nonetheless.

Also totally agree that actions speak louder than words. Have to get the season underway tomorrow after 2 losses this week.

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Nail on the head. We need to win some bloody games. Feels like we’ve had a pretty awful record, save for that one month run, since the turn of the year (and yes I know we had a long break).

We've won 3 of our last 13 league games....and only 7 out of 23 in the 2nd half of last season. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 2

Would Manning want to come here? I assume he hasn't signed a contract cos qpr are an average mid table championship club. We're a mid table championship club... might just be up rooting his family moving to the other side of the country for a similar situation to what he currently has?

The Prem title win doesn't hold so well for these players born after it even happened!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

We will go up this year. Save this quote for April. 

I’m not sure if your serious but I think the same. We are not far off and the football I’ve seen so far is a million miles from the previous stuff. There is great movement in and around the ball and more importantly confidence.

save my agreement

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

No, it would suggest we didn’t finish the chances we made. 

Did we create any good chances aside from the second for Armstrong? Many were speculative. Even on Tuesday, the chance quality was poor for all the passing betweem Lenihan and Williams. Bar Armstrong, we are looking blunt across the frontline and succeptible on the counter.

• Like 1