BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How many players have we got at the club that are capable of taking even 1 chance out of 2 ? We've got a hell of a lot of blunt instruments playing for us at the moment in front of goal.

I don't think the best strikers in the world score from one chance out of two.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Annon said:

Not sure if youre silly or not, but 2 chances and 2 goals would mean we did finish the chances we made. The point probably was that we need to create more.

Thankfully not as silly as you. We had 15 shots, (3 more than the home side full of PL players) 5 were blocked, 8 were off target and 2 were on target - which basically tells us, as I suggested, that we in fact DID create chances and simply did not take them. So I refer back to my earlier post. ??

FA035334-6C91-4BC6-9F48-A564E16BC287.jpeg

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

We've won 3 of our last 13 league games....and only 7 out of 23 in the 2nd half of last season. 

Tony talked about a domino effect of signing good players to prove to other good players that we are contenders. Well the same goes for winning games.

It could be a reverse effect actually if we were to lose or draw tomorrow at home against theoretically the worst team in the league at this point. Who is going to want to come if we have lost three in a row, including this one? Vital to win tomorrow for obvious reasons but also to help our transfer target pursuits.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Did we create any good chances aside from the second for Armstrong? Many were speculative. Even on Tuesday, the chance quality was poor for all the passing betweem Lenihan and Williams. Bar Armstrong, we are looking blunt across the frontline and succeptible on the counter.

We had 15 shots in total. 5 blocked, 8 off target and 2 on target. That’s more than enough to win any Mach if you have your shooting boots on! ??

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Silas said:

For that to happen one or both of Brereton and Gallagher would have to come good in a big way. 

Which of them do you reckon is firing us to glory? ?

Its certainly hard to believe we could go up with 2 strikers that abysmal. In reality we shouldn't play either but that = loss of face for all involved, and we haven't got replacements.

Dack coming back could/should doom one of them., preferably Brereton.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

We had 15 shots in total. 5 blocked, 8 off target and 2 on target. That’s more than enough to win any Mach if you have your shooting boots on! ??

That would depend on the quality of chances. Some of them were wayward shots from range, I cant remember any chances that I felt had to be put away but werent.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Think I posted a stat a while ago that said we had the lowest number of shots from the 6 yard box in the league last season which tells it's own story. 

Just reflecting that most of Dack's goals seemed to come from close-in. Sigh!

17 minutes ago, 47er said:

Just reflecting that most of Dack's goals seemed to come from close-in. Sigh!

Exactly why any talk of playing Dack in the midfield 3 is nonsense. How many times has he had games where you’ve been thinking “Dack’s been quiet today” then all of a sudden he pops up in the box to slot one home. He has to play behind the striker when he’s back ??

• Like 2

• Backroom
37 minutes ago, 47er said:

Its certainly hard to believe we could go up with 2 strikers that abysmal. In reality we shouldn't play either but that = loss of face for all involved, and we haven't got replacements.

Dack coming back could/should doom one of them., preferably Brereton.

Tbh since lockdown I've liked what I've seen of BB. I'm still holding out hope.

And SG seems to have got some confidence back, reckon he'll chip in with a few goals this season. 

But neither are anywhere near consistent,  and both have anonymous games.

And to go up from this league you definitely need one of the following:

1. A strikeforce regularly performing over course of season

2. A solid, dependable defensive line

Unless the new signings prove to be Worldies I can't see how we can nail either one of them. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Exactly why any talk of playing Dack in the midfield 3 is nonsense. How many times has he had games where you’ve been thinking “Dack’s been quiet today” then all of a sudden he pops up in the box to slot one home. He has to play behind the striker when he’s back ??

Personally even though he is a number 10, I think he is our best target man. Don't mind him playing up front. He needs to be where he can do damage. 9 or 10 imo

43 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Interesting thread on Manning: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/262856/page:1

Could have legs I reckon

This quote really made me chuckle (for those who didn't get as far as pg2)

"The meat and potato pies that are sold outside Blackburn's ground are without doubt the best I've ever eaten.
Not quite sure I'd want to sell up and move to Blackburn but it's worth a thought and has now got me thinking."

?. Can't argue that this lad has ticked off Ewood on his 92 tracker!

• Like 6

On 17/09/2020 at 06:02, Displaced Rover said:

I disagree. We just scored 2 away at Bournemouth and really should have had more.

The goals will come, I just can't see us keeping enough out...

No they won't.  Won't help keep having good ones ruled out.  That little bit of quality is what seperates promotion teams from also rans.  

The ability to finish is crucial.  More so if you know you are gifting.2 goals a game.  Still, how many championship teams miss those shots Bournemouth scored from?  Quality.

Definitely seems to be an attacking FB rather than a defending one. He takes their corners and freekicks too which would explain his insanely high chances created stats for a FB (almost double any other fullback in the league).

Is it our plan to outscore the oppo this season? Will be fun/painful to watch at the same time. 

Still, cannot be any worse at defending than Bell.

22 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Definitely seems to be an attacking FB rather than a defending one. He takes their corners and freekicks too which would explain his insanely high chances created stats for a FB (almost double any other fullback in the league).

Is it our plan to outscore the oppo this season? Will be fun/painful to watch at the same time. 

Still, cannot be any worse at defending than Bell.

Mowbray's style of football asks for the FBs to be considerable attacking forces, so it makes sense he'd be after Manning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Mowbray's style of football asks for the FBs to be considerable attacking forces, so it makes sense he'd be after Manning.

Yes, and this week Mowbray was talking about TAA and Robertson at Liverpool as role models to the likes of Nyambe...

Im now convinced he’s been on full charm offensive trying to get the likes of Ayala and now Manning on board with his public comments these last couple of weeks. 

16 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I still think I would prefer a left back who could defend. All the quotes from qpr fans seem to suggest he’s not good at that part of the game

I think there'll be a lot of goals in Rovers games this season. I worry most of them will be in our net. 

Since we came out of lockdown the goals conceded sequence: 3,2,2,3,2,1,1,3,3,3.

3 goals conceded in 5 out of 10 games. Shockingly poor. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 6