BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

3 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I think there'll be a lot of goals in Rovers games this season. I worry most of them will be in our net. 

Since we came out of lockdown the goals conceded sequence: 3,2,2,3,2,1,0,3,3,3.

3 goals conceded in 5 out of 10 games. Shockingly poor. 

Who did we keep the clean sheet against? 

I genuinely don't remember any since that dour game against Stoke back in February.

12 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Yes, and this week Mowbray was talking about TAA and Robertson at Liverpool as role models to the likes of Nyambe...

Im now convinced he’s been on full charm offensive trying to get the likes of Ayala and now Manning on board with his public comments these last couple of weeks. 

Must have had a charm coach cos usually they go somewhere else after Tony's talked to them.

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

We didn't. I read the Millwall defeat wrong! 1-0 to them. We're even shitter than I thought!

I've said a few times, whilst Ayala and a Manning or Douglas would make us a better side on paper, we'll always concede goals under Mowbray.

I just don't think he has it in him to set up a side to go away from home and grind out a 1-0 win on a grim Tuesday night somewhere.

• Like 3

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

I've said a few times, whilst Ayala and a Manning or Douglas would make us a better side on paper, we'll always concede goals under Mowbray.

I just don't think he has it in him to set up a side to go away from home and grind out a 1-0 win on a grim Tuesday night somewhere.

Yep, definitely more to it than just personnel. We could have AC Milan's defence of the 90's and we'd still concede a hatful.

14 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I think there'll be a lot of goals in Rovers games this season. I worry most of them will be in our net. 

Since we came out of lockdown the goals conceded sequence: 3,2,2,3,2,1,1,3,3,3.

A bet that delivers with something like an 80% certainty on Rovers' games - more than 1.5 goals!

Fill your boots - today will be a winner.  Odds not great at 1.31 but a 31% return on £100 is way, way in excess of what you get in a savings' account!

Just now, Mercer said:

A bet that delivers with something like an 80% certainty on Rovers' games - more than 1.5 goals!

Fill your boots - today will be a winner.  Odds not great at 1.31 but a 31% return on £100 is way, way in excess of what you get in a savings' account!

I'm not a betting man so what would I get if I went for 3 or 4 goals in a Rovers match?

8 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Hold up with the left back then?

Oh.. I don’t know? I just got told that the left-back is done. That wasn’t supposed to be some kind of clue

35 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I'm not a betting man so what would I get if I went for 3 or 4 goals in a Rovers match?

Odds vary match by match.

For today (odds pretty low) you would presently (they fluctuate up and down) get:

• More than 1.5 goals in game (ie 2 or more goals) - 1.31- £0.31 winnings for each £ bet
  • More than 2.5 goals in game (ie 3 or more goals) - 1.93 - £0.93 winnings for each £ bet
  • More than 3.5 goals in game (ie 4 or more goals) - 3.3 - £2.30 winnings for each £ bet

I've gone big on more than 1.5 goals in today's game.

Broadly, if you'd have bet £20 / game on more than 1.5 goals / game last season (given 80%+ certainty ie result delivered), you would have been almost £200 in pocket after 46 league games

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

And if he did, people would moan we're boring. 

Even with limited ability, the right personnel on the pitch can organise a decent backline. Which for me is the biggest issue. Mowbray can only do so much from the sidelines, you need a keeper who can bark orders and a vocal centre half with experience who can read a game well. Hopefully we've just signed those 2 players but time will tell.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Since we came out of lockdown the goals conceded sequence: 3,2,2,3,2,1,1,3,3,3.

Strikers that can't score, strikers on the flanks, full-backs who can't defend---I'm worried Tony doesn't get the basics of this game.

I'll dig out my Subbuteo if that helps!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

Even with limited ability, the right personnel on the pitch can organise a decent backline. Which for me is the biggest issue. Mowbray can only do so much from the sidelines, you need a keeper who can bark orders and a vocal centre half with experience who can read a game well. Hopefully we've just signed those 2 players but time will tell.

I don't understand this. If we haven't got the right personnel on the pitch, whose fault is that? 3 and a half years remember!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Silas said:

For that to happen one or both of Brereton and Gallagher would have to come good in a big way. 

Which of them do you reckon is firing us to glory? ?

I think we will be in a lot of close wins/draws for the first half of the season, 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, with Armstrong carrying us, then Dack will come back late November and start being the difference. 
As long as we don’t have any big injuries or suspensions we will do well. Travis is a huge loss, we can’t afford another. We have a top-six first 11 and a mid table squad.

27 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Doesn't really hold any water that argument. Managers get replaced by better managers and suddenly the goals against start drying up and the team starts winning - yet the same players are on the pitch. 

Mowbray has decided to play in a way that leaves us open at the back. That is just how it is. He will live or die by how that pans out results-wise this season.

And nobody would complain we were boring if we won 1-0 every week. That's just a silly argument. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

Personally even though he is a number 10, I think he is our best target man. Don't mind him playing up front. He needs to be where he can do damage. 9 or 10 imo

Funny how views differ.  Last place I'd play him is target man. Yes he's good as a 10 and I'd have no problem with him in midfield.

The only reason people panic about him going in midfield is because our strikers are crap and don't score enough. 

You could never have played Lampard/Gazza etc as strikers.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Doesn't really hold any water that argument. Managers get replaced by better managers and suddenly the goals against start drying up and the team starts winning - yet the same players are on the pitch. 

Mowbray has decided to play in a way that leaves us open at the back. That is just how it is. He will live or die by how that pans out results-wise this season.

And nobody would complain we were boring if we won 1-0 every week. That's just a silly argument. 

The irony being he's taken the Coyle approach but with a different formation.  At least he looks like finally sorting the defence to give it half a chance if working.  

Just think Travis is a huge loss.  Evans/Johnson/Holtby haven't got the legs.  Need a quality loan in the middle if we want a sniff of playoffs.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller