BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

8 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

That comes from the manager and coaches. Set-piece drills until it's perfect. It's the same issues at Rovers for the last three seasons, can't defend crosses, can't defend set-pieces, and exposed down the flanks. Nothing to do with the players, and everything to do with the manager and how he sets the team up. 

We'll see how we do first 10 games of the season. Hopefully B'mouth was a one-off for this season and we are a lot tighter at the back. 

The thought that goes through my head when I see us concede goals is that they are the sort of goals you see in pre-season friendlies. Nobody is really busting a gut to get a tackle in, throwing themselves into a block to prevent a shot or a cross coming in, risking a clash of heads to prevent a header etc.  Nobody at the back seems to be too put out when we go a goal down.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The thought that goes through my head when I see us concede goals is that they are the sort of goals you see in pre-season friendlies. Nobody is really busting a gut to get a tackle in, throwing themselves into a block to prevent a shot or a cross coming in, risking a clash of heads to prevent a header etc.  Nobody at the back seems to be too put out when we go a goal down.

Nobody marshals the defence. We can have 3 men around 1 bloke and 2 others are free. No leadership on the pitch (or off it).

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The thought that goes through my head when I see us concede goals is that they are the sort of goals you see in pre-season friendlies. Nobody is busting a get to a tackle in, throwing themselves into a block to prevent a shot or a cross coming in, risking a clash of heads to prevent a header etc.  Nobody at the back seems to be too put out when we go a goal down.

There's certain ruthlessness that the team lacks that possibly is representative of Mowbray. He is an idealist, wants his teams to play a certain way, keep possession, control midfield etc. The aesthetics seem to matter as much to him as the end result. In fairness to him he is closer to realising his own style now, as we do seem to control the ball more and we've now introduced the high-press to win the ball back quicker. I think we'll look a lot better this season and play some good stuff. I just don't think it will translate into enough clean sheets to get in the top 6, because I think the same weaknesses will exist at the back. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

20 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

What are we looking at fee wise for Manning? Last year of his deal isn’t he. £500k?

My mate who is a QPR fan said £5m had been mooted. But he also said Eze was off to Palace for £28m so definitely has a habit of exaggerating figures. In saying that I would say 500k is definitely on the low side. I'd be thinking he would still be about £1.5m at least.

21 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

What are we looking at fee wise for Manning? Last year of his deal isn’t he. £500k?

Depends how many are in for him.

I reckon we will spend money on a LB and a GK and get loans for CM, CB and that will be it.

How many loans can we get? If we can get a third maybe a loan striker. Although that would be a stunning indictment of Brereton and Gallagher.

17 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

I don’t know much about Manning, but I want to sign him purely because QPR fans are calling it a step down to join us.

I agree but I also see their point. We're currently a sideways move, which in itself is depressing. Hopefully Tony gets the most out of the fairly decent squad he has assembled and we can go back and point out what a superb sideways move it was to the QPR fans in 8-12 months time - Corona depending. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Damien said:

Why wait until Monday? Have we forgotten losing Keane the same way? Get it announced and done now.

An announcement is different from the deal being done to be fair. Strange how we’d wait though.

23 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

An announcement is different from the deal being done to be fair. Strange how we’d wait though.

Too late in the day to get a scarf from the club shop or the person who prints the name on the back of the shirt gone home for the weekend