BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

43 minutes ago, J*B said:

Let’s have a bit of fun whilst we wait for a left back. 
‘Premier League Club’ make a 5m offer for Dolan. Do you accept it?

No. I'd have to think twice if it was double that. Could easily be going for more than that by January if he keeps it up though. Given how young he is I'd prefer to keep him for a few years, let the market prices get even dumber, and sell for even more having had good use out of him.

There's always the chance we have already seen his best and he will peter off, but it seems hard to envision him not growing into a very good player. I haven't been this excited about a breakthrough young attacker since Duff. Just a shame we didn't raise this one.

Got to say, I'm astounded I'm talking like this about an 18 year old we just picked up on a free who has two starts for us, but it's hard not to see him as the real deal right now. Time will tell as ever, but if nothing else his footwork is absolutely out of the top drawer.

Edited by bluebruce

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

"The manager doesn't know that" was Tony Mowbray's response to the Ryan Manning question. TM confirmed he likes the player but suggests #Rovers wouldn't have the level of finance to make that a possibility.

Seems that 2 and 2 made 5 in the way this Manning rumour has snowballed.

That’s a shame if so...wonder who the LB is that the lads reckon we’ve signed then?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

"The manager doesn't know that" was Tony Mowbray's response to the Ryan Manning question. TM confirmed he likes the player but suggests #Rovers wouldn't have the level of finance to make that a possibility.

Seems that 2 and 2 made 5 in the way this Manning rumour has snowballed.

That's a real shame. Hope we do have someone good on the way at LB though, we need it.

Can't see TM answering the question like that if we had a bit accepted by them or even close.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

That’s a shame if so...wonder who the LB is that the lads reckon we’ve signed then?

Might be a case of de ja vu to when we was told the other week that a signing had been made and an announcement was imminent. Hopefully there is a deal close though and it is someone else.

The Manning interest was typical transfer window fare. Someone made the suggestion on a forum that we should sign him, it snowballs, the local journalist mentions him in terms of historical interest but no indication that he is who we have bid for, an "ITK" frenzy of people claiming he has signed, our fans even mocking QPR fans over the supposed fact, and it all turns out to be totally unfabricated. Why the transfer window has become an absolute ball ache!

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

That's a real shame. Hope we do have someone good on the way at LB though, we need it.

Can't see TM answering the question like that if we had a bit accepted by them or even close.

Unless he doesn't want to alert other suitors - but then again, other suitors now know he is still available anyway.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

As good as we were today and it’s VERY hard to find negatives from a performance like that...but Amari’i Bell is just, truly awful.

He very much is. That being said, I thought both full backs had similar games today, totally untroubled defensively, very wasteful when going forward. Nyambe need to come back in on the right.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Might be a case of de ja vu to when we was told the other week that a signing had been made and an announcement was imminent. Hopefully there is a deal close though and it is someone else.

The Manning interest was typical transfer window fare. Someone made the suggestion on a forum that we should sign him, it snowballs, the local journalist mentions him in terms of historical interest but no indication that he is who we have bid for, an "ITK" frenzy of people claiming he has signed, our fans even mocking QPR fans over the supposed fact, and it all turns out to be totally unfabricated. Why the transfer window has become an absolute ball ache!

Maybe, tbf I don’t think anyone hung their hat on Manning. It just seemed to be going that way.

Interesting that the lads both got the same info that it was done at the same time.

We so badly need to replace Bell. I don’t know how you can play 90 minutes in a 5-0 win and still look absolutely shite...but he pulled it off! ??

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Traviscon said:

No. If he continues in the same vein over the course of a season. He's be worth at least as much as Eze has just gone for.

Huge if at this point, and again like the Bellingham one, it is a crazy comparison to make so soon.

Eze was QPR's stand out player for 2 seasons, with many goals and assists.

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Maybe, tbf I don’t think anyone hung their hat on Manning. It just seemed to be going that way.

Interesting that the lads both got the same info that it was done at the same time.

We so badly need to replace Bell. I don’t know how you can play 90 minutes in a 5-0 win and still look absolutely shite...but he pulled it off! ??

He did well to start off the break for Dolans goal tbf - that was it mind.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18733710.mowbray-manning-interest-rovers-transfer-latest/

“I know exactly to the penny how much money we’ve got, it’s either a couple of loans or a signing, I would suggest, and I am not sure we’re going to spend it all on Ryan Manning when we’ve got Amari’i Bell doing okay."

For fucks sake! Sounds like we are skint and that he is deluded over the lack of quality of Amarii Bell. 

Mowbray mentioned a meeting on Thursday. Sounds like it didnt go too well!

Edited by roversfan99

So we have enough for Manning but might spend it on a couple of loans instead? Bonkers. 

I wont even start on Bell doing okay.

Bell is a TM signing, so even though was cheap, he wont want to look wrong. 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

“I know exactly to the penny how much money we’ve got, it’s either a couple of loans or a signing, I would suggest, and I am not sure we’re going to spend it all on Ryan Manning when we’ve got Amari’i Bell doing okay.

“We’ve got other areas I think we need to strengthen first.”

I feel sick. ?

• Like 6