BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

“I know exactly to the penny how much money we’ve got, it’s either a couple of loans or a signing, I would suggest, and I am not sure we’re going to spend it all on Ryan Manning when we’ve got Amari’i Bell doing okay.

“We’ve got other areas I think we need to strengthen first.”

I feel sick. ?

Be reet. Venky's never fail to write a cheque?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Huge if at this point, and again like the Bellingham one, it is a crazy comparison to make so soon.

Eze was QPR's stand out player for 2 seasons, with many goals and assists.

It is a huge if, but the same form over the course of a season, theres an argument to be had.

I imagine his form will dip, its natural, he's a young player. For the time being, let's all enjoy watching his talent unfold.

Just now, Traviscon said:

It is a huge if, but the same form over the course of a season, theres an argument to be had.

I imagine his form will dip, its natural, he's a young player. For the time being, let's all enjoy watching his talent unfold.

Absolutely, but at the moment I think suggestions of him moving abroad for big money like Bellingham or like Eze domestically is crazy when hes only made one league start.

Hes a talent and its exciting though, no doubt.

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18733710.mowbray-manning-interest-rovers-transfer-latest/

“I know exactly to the penny how much money we’ve got, it’s either a couple of loans or a signing, I would suggest, and I am not sure we’re going to spend it all on Ryan Manning when we’ve got Amari’i Bell doing okay."

For fucks sake! Sounds like we are skint and that he is deluded over the lack of quality of Amarii Bell. 

Mowbray mentioned a meeting on Thursday. Sounds like it didnt go too well!

That's a worrying quote indeed. A couple of loans or a signing? I hope he is just pleading poverty as a negotiating tactic because that won't be sufficient at all.

How did we go from targeting 2 GKs, 2 CBs, a LB, and possibly a CM and/or RB to signing 1 GK, 1 CB, and only 1 or 2 more that we might not own? The budget always seems to shrink over the summer.

With Travis injured the absolute bare min for me is a perm LB because we don't have 'Amari'i Bell doing ok' at all, and a quality CM who can be loaned or bought. We really really should also be getting another GK and CB.

One signing will not cut it. No more permanent signings will not cut it.

Edited by bluebruce

Just now, bluebruce said:

That's a worrying quote indeed. A couple of loans or a signing? I hope he is just pleading poverty as a negotiating tactic because that won't be sufficient at all.

How did we go from targeting 2 GKs, 2 CBs, a LB, and possibly a CM and/or RB to signing 1 GK, 1 CB, and only 1 or 2 more that we might not own? The budget always seems to shrink over the summer.

With Travis injured the absolute bare min for me is a perm LB because we don't have 'Amari'i Bell doing ok' at all, and a quality CM who can be loaned or bought. We really really should also be getting another GK and CB.

One signing will not cut it.

He mentioned on Thursday that he had a meeting in the afternoon about signings. Im guessing it didnt go too well.

The main worry amidst the quote is that left back isnt his main worry. 

Im guessing that the left back who was deciding within 24 hours has decided to go elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

He’s not going to say Bell isn’t good enough. Saying that Bell is ‘doing alright’ is hardly a ringing endorsement.

Why don’t we wait and see how the window pans out before jumping on every word.

Yeah that was my thought when reading his comments. 

He's not exactly singing his praises there. 

And look at it objectively. Saying we need to strengthen in a few areas rather than just at LB is an accurate statement we can all agree with. He hasn't said LB isn't one of those areas, in fact, he's openly stated its an area he wants to improve. 

If it's not addressed by the end of the window, then that's a different story altogether. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Daniel Johnson would be a little more than cover for Travis, he would be straight into our first team and is a different type of player. But he would not come here and be unaffordable so a non starter. 

Rangers and Celtic linked with a 1.5m move, I said he would be a good squad rotation player, don’t see why he wouldn’t come here, haven’t seen any prem interest just Scotland so don’t quite agree with your points 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Rangers and Celtic linked with a 1.5m move, I said he would be a good squad rotation player, don’t see why he wouldn’t come here, haven’t seen any prem interest just Scotland so don’t quite agree with your points 

We couldnt compete with those 2 clubs. We couldnt afford that sort of fee, backed up by Mowbrays comments today. I dont see why he would come to a side in a similar situation in terms of where they can finish and Johnson would be a regular in our team.

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

Oh great, now we're all getting worried Bell is going to play every game he can now. That's a mood killer after such a great win. I hope Tony was just being nice to Bell and avoiding damaging his confidence by saying they're going for a player in his position.

Whilst also making us not sound desperate in any LB negotiations.

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Why would staff members discourage them from spending and why didnt they spend before they came?

Mate, I really want to enjoy tonight so have no intention of cracking open this debate again. Venkys (who have been terrible for our club) have also pumped the best part of £150m in and continue to do so. They fund the academy and so much other stuff they genuinely don’t have to.

Swag and Cheston will be trying to keep us within FFP guidelines. You’ve heard these words literally come from the manager and Swag’s mouth before but if they want more money, they only need to ask!

I hope Mowbray is bluffing and I think we’ll get some money from King and Raya sales...so let’s see.

• Like 2

Typical. Just when we are all bouncing off a win Tony brings us back to earth with a thump. Given left back is pressing in terms of quality and numbers you really think getting a good one in is crucial. 

We also need a reserve keeper and a few other positions look a bit thin but surely free agents could augment that? And a left back is more important than these positions. 

What I dont get is how he can be ok with Bell but not with Nayambe either. 

• Like 3