BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Bells played today, done well but it'll be one of his easiest tests this season next one won't be. 

Clean sheet and 5 goals means the whole team and subs and manager have done their jobs beyond expectations. Tonight is one for giving them ALL a toast before the boozers get kyboshed again.

Hopefully the jerks on Bells twitter will have a night off tonight and a bit of rare praise builds hi confidence, he needs it.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He mentioned on Thursday that he had a meeting in the afternoon about signings. Im guessing it didnt go too well.

The main worry amidst the quote is that left back isnt his main worry. 

Im guessing that the left back who was deciding within 24 hours has decided to go elsewhere.

Or they are just taking longer sizing up other offers like Ayala did.

Analysing the quote a little more, we might put all the remaining money into one signing, but we don't think that should be at LB. Again, worrying. He makes it sound like we are only getting an LB if it's on loan.

We really need King and/or Raya to be sold pronto.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We couldnt compete with those 2 clubs. We couldnt afford that sort of fee, backed up by Mowbrays comments today. I dont see why he would come to a side in a similar situation in terms of where they can finish and Johnson would be a regular in our team.

I’m from Glasgow, absolutely disagree that rangers and Celtics level is drastically above ours, most of their players come from or go to championship. Think mowbray is playing the finances close to his chest but he saved a mill on kipre/Ayala triangle, also the loans we have had cost about that past few years- again we don’t have that currently. You clearly don’t get rotation is being a regular in our team, as much as say holtby or rothwell. Travis and Johnson would be tidy imo 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

@JoeH where are you ? 

Can you please tell me when I said Manning was the player in question? Because I never did. Something is done, I was told that much and that much only.

Just now, tomphil said:

Bells played today, done well but it'll be one of his easiest tests this season next one won't be. 

Clean sheet and 5 goals means the whole team and subs and manager have done their jobs beyond expectations. Tonight is one for giving them ALL a toast before the boozers get kyboshed again.

Hopefully the jerks on Bells twitter will have a night off tonight and a bit of rare praise builds hi confidence, he needs it.

Mate, I thought Bell was very poor. Gave the ball away a lot under no pressure. No cutting edge, no penetration. Was thinking all game how much better we’d be with a proper lb in place...?

• Like 3

Just now, JoeH said:

Can you please tell me when I said Manning was the player in question? Because I never did. Something is done, I was told that much and that much only.

You happy with the source Joe. I mean, you were pictured with Swag that day which is about as close as it gets!! ??

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Never said you did? You did however say we’d signed a left back, which we haven’t.

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Mate, I really want to enjoy tonight so have no intention of cracking open this debate again. Venkys (who have been terrible for our club) have also pumped the best part of £150m in and continue to do so. They fund the academy and so much other stuff they genuinely don’t have to.

Swag and Cheston will be trying to keep us within FFP guidelines. You’ve heard these words literally come from the manager and Swag’s mouth before but if they want more money, they only need to ask!

I hope Mowbray is bluffing and I think we’ll get some money from King and Raya sales...so let’s see.

He is hardly going to publically slag off the owners is he, and paying the bills is different to being held back from throwing loads of money on transfers.

Suppose it is just one interpretation against another. 

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Doesnt sound like anything is done based on Mowbrays interview. Unless hes pulled a blinder.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Mate, I thought Bell was very poor. Gave the ball away a lot under no pressure. No cutting edge, no penetration. Was thinking all game how much better we’d be with a proper lb in place...?

The bar isn't high though and he's often responsible directly or indirectly for an opposition goal. Wasn't today so i'll take that it's a plus as far as he's concerned.

Totally agree we need a proper left back i don't rate the lad at all and just hope the manager shows some more steel and gets one in. This in recent years has been a big reason why we haven't moved on as maybe we should, the old over loyalty or trying to get away with what he has when he's had opportunities to improve it.

He'll rue it at some point if he doesn't strengthen that position, we all will.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

You happy with the source Joe. I mean, you were pictured with Swag that day which is about as close as it gets!! ??

Look, people can criticise, mock and disbelieve. I think going forward I’ll be saying nothing, people love to shut down anyone who shares anything they’ve heard.

I get why people can feel conned, but I only posted what I’d been told. I don’t take any enjoyment from transfers being delayed, transfers going wrong or being given false info, I don’t know why people think that would be done from posters purposefully.

I was extremely careful only to share what I knew/was told and nothing more, I never gave a name because I didn’t know one. I’ll be saying nothing more on it, and anyone else who feels like having a jibe or a dig can cope with being ignored.

Just now, JoeH said:

Look, people can criticise, mock and disbelieve. I think going forward I’ll be saying nothing, people love to shut down anyone who shares anything they’ve heard.

I get why people can feel conned, but I only posted what I’d been told. I don’t take any enjoyment from transfers being delayed, transfers going wrong or being given false info, I don’t know why people think that would be done from posters purposefully.

I was extremely careful only to share what I knew/was told and nothing more, I never gave a name because I didn’t know one. I’ll be saying nothing more on it, and anyone else who feels like having a jibe or a dig can cope with being ignored.

I think you’ve guessed based off Twitter and hoped it’d come off I’ll be honest.

Just now, JoeH said:

Keep doing what you are doing for me....don't be silenced...

• Like 1

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

I think you’ve guessed based off Twitter and hoped it’d come off I’ll be honest.

If that’s what you choose to think, it’s far from the truth but sure, if that’s your choice.

Just now, JoeH said:

Breathe Joe, I’m just asking if you think the source was solid. The managers interview is confusing.

Ive been on the other side of this enough to know it’s an unforgiving place to be. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

People like posting carrot danglers as you did, don't be surprised if you get some stick if it goes tits up, simple.

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

To be fair, I think everyone appreciates inside info.

But if you put info out there, you have to expect questions if nothing materialises. If you interpret that as a jibe than fair enough but everything I’ve read seems fair game in all honesty.

Edited by magicalmortensleftpeg
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

“I know exactly to the penny how much money we’ve got, it’s either a couple of loans or a signing, I would suggest, and I am not sure we’re going to spend it all on Ryan Manning when we’ve got Amari’i Bell doing okay.

“We’ve got other areas I think we need to strengthen first.”

I feel sick. ?

Hope that's a piss take

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I stopped last season for same reason, it’s a thankless task and the hassle isn’t worth it. I appreciate info and know very well that things are more likely to go tits up than fall into place. Some folk just like being negative 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

As good as we were today and it’s VERY hard to find negatives from a performance like that...but Amari’i Bell is just, truly awful.

There will always be one worst player. I’m just glad it’s no longer Jason Lowe.

Bell has struggled to adapt to the Championship. He just seems to lack confidence. His final ball is always awful or doesn’t even take place.

The trick is not to upgrade on your worst players though, it’s to upgrade on your best ones so by default the worst ones ease themselves out of contention.

• Like 1