BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

source Lancs Live website. From Mowbray during his post match interview

Is there anything you can tell us on Ryan Manning?

"No. That's a name you've just thrown at me. It's not true. I think Ryan Manning is a very good footballer, I imagine QPR are not going to let him walk away.

"We haven't got any money to buy anybody. How much is Ryan Manning going to cross? If you're going to buy a player, you have to buy the player and then you have to give him a salary.

"So I would say there is enough money to buy one player who can help us to get to where we want to be or we could loan two or three players and use that money as salary, which just becomes dead money at your club at the end of the year.

"Our decision is ultimately whether to loan some players who are going to help us in a one-off season or are we going to buy one player who can be ours?

"But then we've got more than one position that we feel we need to strengthen or cover, it's a difficult conundrum for us, somewhere along the line we'll see what falls in place.

"If not, you saw the team today, there is a lot of young players who are doing the job. How young is that team today? It's a pretty young group of footballers who are trying their best and yet I know, and maybe you know as well, that it's very difficult to maintain consistency with seven or eight U23 players in your team all season.

"We would like to strengthen in certain areas or cover in certain areas because we know the games are going to come thick and fast.

"I know exactly to the penny how much we've got but it's probably a couple of loans or a signing, I would suggest, and I'm not sure I'd want to spend it all on Ryan Manning when we've got Amari'i Bell doing ok, so there's other areas I feel we need to strengthen first."

I would like to know which positions he needs to strengthen 1st before left back, unless Lewis Hardcastle is the plan/  EBenno is a decent  filler in at various positions but please not left back.  We appear to have cover everywhere apart from in goal and left back!

15 minutes ago, pjt said:

I would like to know which positions he needs to strengthen 1st before left back, unless Lewis Hardcastle is the plan/  EBenno is a decent  filler in at various positions but please not left back.  We appear to have cover everywhere apart from in goal and left back!

Any semi decent reporter would have asked him to elaborate on the priority position. Lancs live is a real crock of shite 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

However a huge part of that has to be down to the shock that has been Dolan. Now he seems special!

If he scores the winner at Deepdale he'll be a legend at 18!

Seriously what were Preston thinking of?

Edited by 47er
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Starts to a season like this are a double edged sword. Im sure those in Pune will be looking at us and say "why do you want X million, you just battered Wycombe 5-0".

Yeah Venkys. Always there in your mind aren't they?

8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Starts to a season like this are a double edged sword. Im sure those in Pune will be looking at us and say "why do you want X million, you just battered Wycombe 5-0".

Under normal ownership, I'd say that was true. 

I'd be shocked to hear they even knew we were playing today. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pjt said:

Thompson you mean?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If he cant get a sniff of the first team with Bell repeatedly struggling and last season with Rankin Costello and Bennett shoehorned in due to lack of alternatives, I cant see why that would change anytime soon.

He played extremely well last night in our U23 victory and even scored. 

1 minute ago, Vilesinner said:

He played extremely well last night in our U23 victory and even scored. 

U23 is not the same as competitive league football, but my comment was not specifically about him as I have never seen him, I just think considering our problems in that position and his inability to ever make a squad, it is safe to say that he wont be in the managers thoughts in the near future.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

U23 is not the same as competitive league football, but my comment was not specifically about him as I have never seen him, I just think considering our problems in that position and his inability to ever make a squad, it is safe to say that he wont be in the managers thoughts in the near future.

The fact that Pike (the U23 RB) has played in pre-season and Thompson hasn't suggests they don't rate him unfortunately. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I think quite the opposite. Tony seems to be now thinking LB is not a priority signing now unfortunately.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He says we got no money but then says we can bring in 1 permanent signing or a couple of loans. Dont think Mowbray wants to say much about transfers today. 

He says we would know from our number 1 target the answer before today game. So we will see. 

We still need a left back and Back up keeper in

If those are genuinely Mowbray's comments and assuming he has been accurately quoted over the last few weeks then I think he needs testing for drugs because it makes no sense.

The only logic behind those comments are that he is trying to dampen expectations and make people believe we are skint as part of his transfer strategy.

We have other positions in greater need than LB? Where?

What happened to the domino effect and moving onto the next incoming after Ayala?

Now we are so hard up that we are having to sacrifice some positions? If so I sure hope Ayala is the missing piece of the jigsaw to make it worthwhile.

His comments are completely inconsistent with those he has made previously.

• Like 2

Thought dominos of signing(s) coming after Ayala, allegedly ambitious player(s).

would be happy with a perm LB, perhaps a loan CM and maybe a forward but these latter two might hold our own players’ development back.

hearing Brewster being touted as a target for perm to Sheffield. If Pool is not willing to sell him, could make a good loan. Still plenty of players like Tosin etc in limbo

14 minutes ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Thought dominos of signing(s) coming after Ayala, allegedly ambitious player(s).

would be happy with a perm LB, perhaps a loan CM and maybe a forward but these latter two might hold our own players’ development back.

hearing Brewster being touted as a target for perm to Sheffield. If Pool is not willing to sell him, could make a good loan. Still plenty of players like Tosin etc in limbo

Even if they don't manage to sell Brewster they will end up losing him to a Prem team ,he has interest, Sheffield United would buy or loan him and he has already shown he can do it at Championship level 

Got no problem pleading poverty during the window especially with FFP sanctions threatening.

I know a 5-0 romp is not a day to judge your left back but I felt Bell's limitations during the stroll in the park became very clear.

Bell had the freedom of the Riverside. It was clear Ainsworth told the right side of his defense not to worry about leaving Bell in acres of space. He didn't use it to hurt them at any time all game. 

This totally convinced me of the urgent need for a new left back.

11 hours ago, JoeH said:

Look, people can criticise, mock and disbelieve. I think going forward I’ll be saying nothing, people love to shut down anyone who shares anything they’ve heard.

I get why people can feel conned, but I only posted what I’d been told. I don’t take any enjoyment from transfers being delayed, transfers going wrong or being given false info, I don’t know why people think that would be done from posters purposefully.

I was extremely careful only to share what I knew/was told and nothing more, I never gave a name because I didn’t know one. I’ll be saying nothing more on it, and anyone else who feels like having a jibe or a dig can cope with being ignored.

No criticism from me Joe - fans forum is exactly for the type of chat you brought. Many thanks for sharing it.
Seems there's so much complexity to signing a new player that we're not aware of and nothing is ever straightforward.

IMO Mowbray is a very cagey operator, keeps cards close to his chest and only shares what he wants people to know.

5 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

I think quite the opposite. Tony seems to be now thinking LB is not a priority signing now unfortunately.

Hmm...I’ve reflected on what he said and I don’t think that’s the case. Hes saying is that he only has enough now to buy one player OR loaned two or three...if that’s the case then he actually can’t buy Manning because the squad needs a 2nd choice keeper more. His thought process being we have a first team LB and the likes of JRC or Bennett to cover but if Kaminski gets injured we’re literally down to Fisher.

Either way, I hope he’s bluffing because we need a LB and a Keeper minimum. The sales of King and Raya should release some more money as will any internal sales...wonder if someone might come and snatch Dack on the last day? If Ollie Watkins is worth £28m surely Dack’s worth £10-15m even coming off a bad injury? He’s every bit as effective as Benhrama, Watkins etc in the Championhip...wouldn’t surprise me!

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Hmm...I’ve reflected on what he said and I don’t think that’s the case. Hes saying is that he only has enough now to buy one player OR loaned two or three...if that’s the case then he actually can’t buy Manning because the squad needs a 2nd choice keeper more. His thought process being we have a first team LB and the likes of JRC or Bennett to cover but if Kaminski gets injured we’re literally down to Fisher.

Either way, I hope he’s bluffing because we need a LB and a Keeper minimum. The sales of King and Raya should release some more money as will any internal sales...wonder if someone might come and snatch Dack on the last day? If Ollie Watkins is worth £28m surely Dack’s worth £10-15m even coming off a bad injury? He’s every bit as effective as Benhrama, Watkins etc in the Championhip...wouldn’t surprise me!

I would think Armstrong is more of a candidate for a substantial, late bid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Yeah, he’s the obvious one mate and the most likely. I just don’t think they’d let him go right now unless they got silly money - like the Watkins sale...£25m+

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, martonrover said:

It would seem there's already a £10m bid in for him, stinking out the place. If he stays injury free and in the striker spot then 20+ goals this season is highly likely. At the going rate for talented young strikers that bid would have to be doubled you would have thought - especially as he's English.