BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

6 minutes ago, unleaded said:

TM Hit the jackpot with Nolan ... He was in for both Lamptey & Atsu and they would have cost a bit to his budget plans 

TM singing his praises is even better ...He could easily have made him a scape goat after the Bournemouth game Like Big Sam did with Derbyshire but well done to TM for sticking by him ... Nolan paid him back big style .... 

Who is this Nolan you harp on about?

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, AJW said:

What chance a loan move for Herbie Kane ? He was at Hull last year and with Liverpool signing midfield players it’s pushing him further down the pecking order there 

Good player. There’s lots of great loans we could do, let’s hope we get one or two in to boost us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Didn't see him starting, was thinking more of an impact tricky sub. Yesterday against a very poor side was the right thing to do but to start against thug defenders might not work. 

How much did we pay PNE?? (?). There's got to be a song. Ok he's not "...he came from Real Madrid, he didn't cost a quid...." but we've plenty of time to make one up. 

But could just as easily might work.  Small, fast and tricky could perhaps get a thug defenders legs all tangled up.  Be good to see how he handles some physical stuff.  Hiw will he react, will he hide? or will it motivate him to make the thug look stupid.  Could be key.

5 minutes ago, USABlue said:

But could just as easily might work.  Small, fast and tricky could perhaps get a thug defenders legs all tangled up.  Be good to see how he handles some physical stuff.  Hiw will he react, will he hide? or will it motivate him to make the thug look stupid.  Could be key.

I can see him getting that kind of player sent off when they lose patience. I definitely used to kick attackers like that when I wasn't getting anywhere near them.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I also think (hope) the arrival of Dolan and his early form, could be just the kick up the arse that Harry Chapman probably needed. 

If Dolan continues as he's started and Chapman produces the form we all hope for, those 2 wide could terrorise defences.

If Chapman has anything about him he would or should be pulling out every ounce of his ability to show he deserves to be played ?

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, unleaded said:

TM Hit the jackpot with Nolan ... He was in for both Lamptey & Atsu and they would have cost a bit to his budget plans 

TM singing his praises is even better ...He could easily have made him a scape goat after the Bournemouth game Like Big Sam did with Derbyshire but well done to TM for sticking by him ... Nolan paid him back big style .... 

To be fair, that Lamptey looks some player as well!

4 hours ago, LDRover said:

Looking at the clubs who have loaned him I tend to agree. It's also quite telling that Everton fans used to call him Luke Garbage.

On the subject of Everton though, with their excellent recruitment over the summer there look to be some proper players suddenly out of the first team picture. Probably out of our range but Tom Davies and Mason Holgate (if he's still there) spring to mind. Plus the left back Martina (having checked it looks like they have released him and he's a RB anyway!!) - he's a player.

Holgate plays quite a bit they have a good young cb called branthwaite but he appeared to get hurt the other night and a winger called Tony Gordon but the way he played the other night might be a struggle to sign him on loan

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Not sure why you think this when he has played a very aggressive 433 against Bournemouth and Newcastle.

I think the last 3 years pretty much speak for themselves on that score. I hope now it's a case of hes getting together the system and players for this type of thing consistently.

However going off the past and things he's done and said, also the fact he was mulling over his formation in bed then changed his mind at the last min to something more attacking involving Rothwell  shows it's likely to happen imo.

1 hour ago, TruRover said:

So are we expecting a signing/announcement tomorrow?

Based on Mogga's Post match interview, I'd say not.

Sounds like he needs to decide how he is going to spend the remainder of his budget. 

Either 1 permanent signing or 2-3 loans.

(Unless we already had one in the bag last week and he was talking about the remaining budget after that)

• Like 1

I still can't get round Mowbray's comments yesterday. So inconsistent with the message from earlier this window.

After the Ayala deal the word was we were looking to swiftly move on to the next position, widely believed to be LB, with hopes and expectations being that a prime target would be in the building very soon.

The suggestion was that we were working through a list of priorities and hoped they would fall like dominoes.

A couple of days later Mowbray is suggesting that LB isn't a focus of his attention, and that there remains a question as to whether he uses the remaining cash on one permanent signing or spreads around loans.

That isn't consistent with what was being said last week.

I hope and pray he is playing media games here because if we are down to having to ignore positions given limited cash we are going to struggle. Loans aren't the answer and I hope that they aren't priming us for a wait until early October when we do a late dash for a couple of loans

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He sounds a bit annoyed.

I think the tap has been turned off all of a sudden. Was only to be expected with the current financial uncertainty, zero revenue etc. Very frustrating. And I think Tony sounds frustrated too. Maybe they’d agreed a Manning deal and then the plug was pulled.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

I think the tap has been turned off all of a sudden. Was only to be expected with the current financial uncertainty, zero revenue etc. Very frustrating. And I think Tony sounds frustrated too. Maybe they’d agreed a Manning deal and then the plug was pulled.

Are you surprised? 

49 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Its like something a manager says when he making an appeal to the board for more money. That or hes pissed that the Manning deal has got out and is throwing everyone off the scent.

( Doesnt want QPR coming back asking for more money or Manning/agent.) 

I suppose the easiet thing is to say we have no money to buy anyone - clubs dont try and drive up prices. 

53 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

"The manager doesnt know that" says to me that its Waggot/ Venkys bloke dealing with it and the finances of the deal.