BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Hmm. A few things going on there. 

1 can’t build a Football club with loan players?

2 Young players can’t sustain consistency  ?

3 anything can You tell me about Ryan Manning. No. He is a name you have thrown out at  me. ?
We are not going to spend all our money on Ryan Manning. ?

4 we’ve got no money. ? I know to the penny how much we have got to spend  ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JPTSwindon said:

TBH I am relaxed if we don’t see much more movement.

Club revenue is going through the floor, so I’d rather we weren’t overstretched as some clubs are going to struggle to carry - let it not be us. 

I'm happy with us relying on our Academy from here.

Just desperately need a competent LB. You wouldn't have to break the bank for one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bohinen 22 said:

I think the tap has been turned off all of a sudden. Was only to be expected with the current financial uncertainty, zero revenue etc. Very frustrating. And I think Tony sounds frustrated too. Maybe they’d agreed a Manning deal and then the plug was pulled.

I don't think so. Looking at Mowbray's comments to Andy Bayes, one minute he says he got no money then saying we got for one permanent signing or 2 loan signings and then he says he knows to the penny how much we got to spend. So very confusing to be honest. 

when asked about Manning he says he like the player and we were believed to be close to signing on Friday given what has been said on here and twitter so what happen to this signing. Did the selling club pull the transfer or did the asking price change, Player fail the medical or personal terms change. 

We will see in the coming days and weeks. 

We cannot sell Armstrong for any price as he is key player in us being able to get promotion or not in my Opinion

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think so. Looking at Mowbray's comments to Andy Bayes, one minute he says he got no money then saying we got for one permanent signing or 2 loan signings and then he says he knows to the penny how much we got to spend. So very confusing to be honest. 

when asked about Manning he says he like the player and we were believed to be close to signing on Friday given what has been said on here and twitter so what happen to this signing. Did the selling club pull the transfer or did the asking price change, Player fail the medical or personal terms change. 

We cannot sell Armstrong for any price as he is key player in us being able to get promotion or not in my Opinion

Well there’s a surprise ??

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm happy with us relying on our Academy from here.

Just desperately need a competent LB. You wouldn't have to break the bank for one.

So true.

I remember the likes of Geoff Hutt, Andy Burgin, Chris Sulley etc - left backs bought with washers and ten times better than Bell.

Just where the feck do our scouts look!?!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

IMO, will be gone by the time the window closes.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Crying out loud, you think we have a promotion winning team? We beat a seriously shit Wycombe....a good result,  and a few good performances but wooah the horses xowboy chadster

16 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Didn't see him starting, was thinking more of an impact tricky sub. Yesterday against a very poor side was the right thing to do but to start against thug defenders might not work. 

How much did we pay PNE?? (?). There's got to be a song. Ok he's not "...he came from Real Madrid, he didn't cost a quid...." but we've plenty of time to make one up. 

Two adaptations of the Chapman song:

There’s a star man, playing on the wing, he came from Preston North End and he didn’t cost a thing

There’s a star man, playing on the right, his name is Tyrhys Dolan and he thinks North End are shite.

• Like 9

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Reading between the lines in the LT it would seem TM has asked for a bigger budget and been told no by the owners.  

Or preparing the fan base for the sale of one of our star players.

Other alternative is that it is a message to other clubs, agents and players to be more realistic.

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Or preparing the fan base for the sale of one of our star players.

Other alternative is that it is a message to other clubs, agents and players to be more realistic.

I’d go with the latter I’d say he has a shopping list and is playing the dangerous waiting game. With possibly a few loan deals lined up if it doesn’t work out. But then I’m an optimist (after the last few windows I should have learnt my lesson) 

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

One permanent or two loans matters not. It isnt enough either way.

Mowbray has admitted this earlier this summer, which is why he wanted two CBs, another goalkeeper, a LB and ideally a CM and RB. Since then we've added Ayala (good signing but doesn't cover two slots at once) and lost Travis probably until January (making a CM addition more important, though a loan in that position would be sensible rather than a permanent until Travis returns).

So it seems our shopping list has been revised down from another 5 players to one or maybe two (on loan).

Not good enough.

If you want an indication of how our window has gone, Preston are a full 61 pages ahead of us in their Summer Transfer Window thread.

I would expect us to finish above PNE given their apparent stagnation, but we all know that's not how it works in the real world.

Going off what Tony has said I think we need to spend the lot on a decent left back, see where we are in the next window and then if we are looking like we can sustain a play off place , go to India , show them how vital it is we don’t blow our best chance, ask them to sign a cheque or two (as we all know they never refuse) and get the quality in on loan to push us to where we need to be, if we are still mid table and inconsistent then save the begging bowl for the summer window and give some youth a chance if anyone is ready to step up or wee with the willy we have 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

May not be the clubs decision - look at Shearer.

Difficult to deny a player a shot at the Premiership - all we can do is get the biggest transfer possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

One permanent or two loans matters not. It isnt enough either way.

Mowbray has admitted this earlier this summer, which is why he wanted two CBs, another goalkeeper, a LB and ideally a CM and RB. Since then we've added Ayala (good signing but doesn't cover two slots at once) and lost Travis probably until January (making a CM addition more important, though a loan in that position would be sensible rather than a permanent until Travis returns).

So it seems our shopping list has been revised down from another 5 players to one or maybe two (on loan).

Not good enough.

I agree it's not good enough but the talk of two centre backs was on the provision we lost Williams,he is still here and ok cover at centre back.

We need a first team lb and a competent number 2 goalkeeper

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Going off what Tony has said I think we need to spend the lot on a decent left back, see where we are in the next window and then if we are looking like we can sustain a play off place , go to India , show them how vital it is we don’t blow our best chance, ask them to sign a cheque or two (as we all know they never refuse) and get the quality in on loan to push us to where we need to be, if we are still mid table and inconsistent then save the begging bowl for the summer window and give some youth a chance if anyone is ready to step up or wee with the willy we have 

Unless we are keeping Williams - still need cover at Centre Back - also need decent back up keeper.