BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

14 minutes ago, islander200 said:

You say this every window about a "big" departure.

What happened with that 10-20 million we desperately need to find by slashing the wage bill and selling players?

You sold Rhodes more times than Nixon did

Hasn't the wage bill been slashed?

The window is still open for departures!

58 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I'm not that feckin old!

Look, if I hear something I post it along with names like Michel the French goalie (posted weeks ago and then Sharpe in LT mentioned) and Juklerod (posted yesterday).

I think Rovers' transfer 'policy'- if you can call it that- is all over the place and I very much doubt even Mowbray knows what will happen when he walks into 'the building' each day.  IMO, there will be one 'big' departure before the window closes, mainly to help the cash position and partially to facilitate a couple or so of permanent signings. 

Thing is, anyone can say they've heard something - you could be making it up? Most likely in the Telegraph because Sharpe has read it on here and hasn't been told anything from the club but needs to get a story out. This is how 'ITK Twitter' works too.

So this 'big departure' should be taken with a pinch too. I'd imagine nobody has put a bit in for Armstrong who's the only player we have that could go this window based on Dack and Travis being injured. I'm inclined to think we won't lose either of those 3.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Not by 10 - 20 million like you were telling us was absolutely certain for our survival.

Wind up merchant

Out: Tosin, Downing, Graham, Walton, Samuel, Smallwood, Leutwiler and Hart.  Factor in employers' NI and that's some £6million off the wage bill for a start.  Net off Kaminski and Ayala and you will be a few £million in pocket.

2 hours ago, Ruaney said:

Thing is, anyone can say they've heard something - you could be making it up? Most likely in the Telegraph because Sharpe has read it on here and hasn't been told anything from the club but needs to get a story out. This is how 'ITK Twitter' works too.

So this 'big departure' should be taken with a pinch too. I'd imagine nobody has put a bit in for Armstrong who's the only player we have that could go this window based on Dack and Travis being injured. I'm inclined to think we won't lose either of those 3.

To be honest a sale now would not surprise me as would no more signings.

We have to remember, we have sold just over 1,200 season tickets so far, with this mornings announcement that the new rules will be in place for 6 months, fans won't be in a stadium till next April at the earliest, so we are facing no more season ticket sales.

As of right now, Venky's are probably being told they need to put in around £25-35m cash to keep the club as a going concern and complete the season (which is up £10m on what they would have expected to inject up to now). How some of the lower league clubs without very rich owners are staying afloat I have no idea. 

We can safely say that FFP for all clubs is out of the window as i think Government bailouts and owner bailouts will be required for a lot of clubs even those in the Premier League. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Out: Tosin, Downing, Graham, Walton, Samuel, Smallwood, Leutwiler and Hart.  Factor in employers' NI and that's some £6million off the wage bill for a start.  Net off Kaminski and Ayala and you will be a few £million in pocket.

That still isn't 10-20 million and like you say Ayala and Kaminski have been brought in a 3 year deal for Ayala and 2+1 years for Kaminski.We will bring in at least 2 other players so it will be nowhere near 10 million never mind 20

32 minutes ago, phili said:

To be honest a sale now would not surprise me as would no more signings.

We have to remember, we have sold just over 1,200 season tickets so far, with this mornings announcement that the new rules will be in place for 6 months, fans won't be in a stadium till next April at the earliest, so we are facing no more season ticket sales.

As of right now, Venky's are probably being told they need to put in around £25-35m cash to keep the club as a going concern and complete the season (which is up £10m on what they would have expected to inject up to now). How some of the lower league clubs without very rich owners are staying afloat I have no idea. 

We can safely say that FFP for all clubs is out of the window as i think Government bailouts and owner bailouts will be required for a lot of clubs even those in the Premier League. 

It's not so much us rejecting bids because I don't think we would. I just don't think anyone will want to buy Armstrong for what we would want for him and Travis/Dack because they're injured.

Nobody is else is worth 10m+ in my opinion.

51 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Would make no sense if we are scrapping with League 1 clubs for below average right backs.

Im sure that the twitter account that linked Travis to Coventry.

It is the same account yes, but it has some good info lately, especially in the lower leagues. Tought i'd just post it since there is no other rumours at all these days.

Edited by Swanson
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, islander200 said:

That still isn't 10-20 million and like you say Ayala and Kaminski have been brought in a 3 year deal for Ayala and 2+1 years for Kaminski.We will bring in at least 2 other players so it will be nowhere near 10 million never mind 20

Sorry if you seem to struggle to understand simple statements.

I said savings of that magnitude through wage savings and net transfer funds.

Forward me your email address and I'll send you an electronic version of 'Finance for Dummies'.

• Like 1