BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

31 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Sorry if you seem to struggle to understand simple statements.

I said savings of that magnitude through wage savings and net transfer funds.

Forward me your email address and I'll send you an electronic version of 'Finance for Dummies'.

I don't need to understand finance to know your full of rubbish.

From the days of your bookie telling you we were selling one of our starlets(Raya before he became a regular)to West Ham for 4 million, to Your contacts hearing Venkys are selling up,you hearing that Rhodes very close to joining Bolton then Wigan,every window coming on here with your doom and financial expertise informing us all that a fire sale will happen only for it to never happen.I can go on or is that enough of me repeating your knowledge that never ever happens?

We will not make a big sale this window and savings of 10-20 million won't be saved.How much you want to bet?

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

From the days of your bookie telling you we were selling one of our starlets(Raya before he became a regular)to West Ham for 4 million, to Your contacts hearing Venkys are selling up,you hearing that Rhodes very close to joining Bolton then Wigan,every window coming on here with your doom and financial expertise informing us all that a fire sale will happen only for it to never happen.I can go on or is that enough of me repeating your knowledge that never ever happens?

We will not make a big sale this window and savings of 10-20 million won't be saved.How much you want to bet?

You forgot to mention the betting predictions.

14 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Wait. You've cracked it!

Mercer is Nicko. Rumbled.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

On a side note I see that Arsenal agreed with many in here about Raya in that he is NOT worth anywhere near £10m quoted by Brentford ??

I’m still fairly happy with 3 million for Raya I won’t lie. Could maybe have miler another million guaranteed but for a club in our position we’re never getting much more than 3 mil for a keeper, if anything, Vastly overrated goalkeeper that had a great defence in front of him last season. 10 million, even with add ons, is laughable.

The more some rate Raya and the more they pay for him the better so it's not really a point scoring or laughing matter to be honest. 

3 million sounds shite but add ons taking it to 4 or 5 sounds right.  It seems like Brentford wanted more than 10 million and they rate him highly enough to play hard ball and risk losing the fee. 

They've been better at wheeling and dealing with big money than us recently so fair play to them. Maybe it's the add ons that caused the problem.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

On a side note I see that Arsenal agreed with many in here about Raya in that he is NOT worth anywhere near £10m quoted by Brentford ??

You don't see that. You're inferring that.

The reports were clear that Brentford didn't want to sell at all, and other reports suggested they wanted 15 million AND for Raya to be loaned back to them for a year.

Until Arsenal, Brentford or Raya comes out and say Arsenal didn't want to pay 10 million, your claim isn't proven. There is also still the possibility that Arsenal are still in for him with the notion of loaning him back and have signed this other, very cheap keeper, with the idea of him being the backup for a season so they can get their man longer term. That may not be the case of course, but even if it isn't, we have no idea what Arsenal were willing to pay and what Brentford were insisting on getting for him.

• Like 5

Now this will be the last time I join in the Raya conversation as nobody will chance their stance - rightly, or wrongly (Wrongly - in the case of those who defend selling him for £3m) but...

Raya wasn't perfect (for us and Brentford - see Playoff Final). But I guarantee you that if we would have played last season with Raya in net for 46 games - and not Walton - we would have had at least the 7 extra points needed for the playoffs... and then potentially a place in the Premier League. Heck, Walton probably cost us 7 points - on his own - after lockdown.

I'm prepared for a ton of negativity to this statement but here goes "Selling Raya (to replace him with Walton) cost us a genuine chance at £200m." Fact.

Not buying a LB and keeping Bell as a starter may do the same this year...

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Now this will be the last time I join in the Raya conversation as nobody will chance their stance - rightly, or wrongly (Wrongly - in the case of those who defend selling him for £3m) but...

Raya wasn't perfect (for us and Brentford - see Playoff Final). But I guarantee you that if we would have played last season with Raya in net for 46 games - and not Walton - we would have had at least the 7 extra points needed for the playoffs... and then potentially a place in the Premier League. Heck, Walton probably cost us 7 points - on his own - after lockdown.

I'm prepared for a ton of negativity to this statement but here goes "Selling Raya (to replace him with Walton) cost us a genuine chance at £200m." Fact.

One of an infinite number of alternate futures. If he had broken his leg in the first game we might have gone down etc etc

22 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

i agree,in fact he cost us more than 7 points,there was a mistake every couple of games,i don`t think playing bell will have the same effect,walton only got picked every week because there was no one else to replace him,tony is likely to drop bell sooner or later and replace him with one of the young lads or a new signing (if it happens)

16 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i agree,in fact he cost us more than 7 points,there was a mistake every couple of games,i don`t think playing bell will have the same effect,walton only got picked every week because there was no one else to replace him,tony is likely to drop bell sooner or later and replace him with one of the young lads or a new signing (if it happens)

Or bennett ?

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Difference was Raya would lose you 9 points but literally save you 7.

Walton would lose you 9 as well but only save you maybe 5.

That's the roulette wheel of these keepers. Pleased to say so far I prefer the new lad to both of those.

Think those numbers are miles off personally. Raya saved you quite a few more points than he lost. And Walton definitely wasn't only 2 points worse.

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I dont think you understand the word guarantee. It's similar to those who state their opinion and then say it's a fact or that it's a fact that something else would have happened. 

Had we kept Raya, yes we dont have Walton and my own view is that would have been better. We also dont sign Sam G (calm down haters) but who plays right wing? Bennett? Breo? Does Dack still miss half the season. Nobody knows. Moving further on, we then need to sign a striker this summer gone with DG off - who would we get for half a million or so?

Just now, alex l said:

I dont think you understand the word guarantee. It's similar to those who state their opinion and then say it's a fact or that it's a fact that something else would have happened. 

Had we kept Raya, yes we dont have Walton and my own view is that would have been better. We also dont sign Sam G (calm down haters) but who plays right wing? Bennett? Breo? Does Dack still miss half the season. Nobody knows. Moving further on, we then need to sign a striker this summer gone with DG off - who would we get for half a million or so?

Keeping Raya and not buying Gally leaves us about 2 million better off, not half a million. And that's before we factor in Gally's higher wage.

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Keeping Raya and not buying Gally leaves us about 2 million better off, not half a million. And that's before we factor in Gally's higher wage.

I think we'd have still likely spent the money we had. The half a million I referred to is the budget we'd have now and we'd be needing to sign a striker - remove SG from the squad, DG gone, we'd have Breo, Arma as the only senior options at the moment.