BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

4 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Walton is one of the worst keepers to wear the Rovers shirt. Would say that only maybe Fettis has been worse in my time supporting Rovers. I’d say even that clown Steele was better.

From those who played a decent number of games, so not Leutweiler for example, worst keeper in the last 25 years was Jake Kean IMO

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Walton is one of the worst keepers to wear the Rovers shirt. Would say that only maybe Fettis has been worse in my time supporting Rovers. I’d say even that clown Steele was better.

iv`e never seen a worse keeper ever,he`ll be playing non league football in a few seasons time,even that will be much for him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alex l said:

I think we'd have still likely spent the money we had. The half a million I referred to is the budget we'd have now and we'd be needing to sign a striker - remove SG from the squad, DG gone, we'd have Breo, Arma as the only senior options at the moment. 

If we'd have spent the other 2 million anyway, it would have been spent somewhere. Maybe a CB so we didn't need to sign Ayala. Maybe another striker - and sometimes a cheap option actually works out better than the pricey one. Maybe an actual winger.

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

On a side note I see that Arsenal agreed with many in here about Raya in that he is NOT worth anywhere near £10m quoted by Brentford ??

You have just copy paste the same post you made a couple weeks back. You do love to throw grenades.

You were wrong the first time and wrong this time. Arsenal did value him at 10 as that was the offer refused by Brentford. They didnt want to sell anyway and said Aresnal would have to pay 15 and loan him back for the season.

Maybe Arsenal should buy Walton instead ???

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

iv`e never seen a worse keeper ever,he`ll be playing non league football in a few seasons time,even that will be much for him

We have had a real run of poor keepers in the last few years. I think it began with an aging Paul Robinson and got progressively worse.

I never forgot Darren Collyer though!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

We have had a real run of poor keepers in the last few years. I think it began with an aging Paul Robinson and got progressively worse.

I never forgot Darren Collyer though!

you only worried about collier if a dangerous set piece came within his flailing grasp,with walton you worried every time the ball came near him

48 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I can assure you I wrote it out! If they wanted him they would have paid up! My opinion backed by evidence of his sometimes erratic displays is that he ain’t worth it! If it differs from yours that’s fine by me.

Stop clinging on to this take, you're just gonna become more and more wrong as the years go by.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Seen some bad ones, average ones and good ones in my time.

Off the top of my head, the following gave me the shivers: Barton, Ramsbottom, Butcher, Brown, Dickins, Fettis, Enkelman, Kean, Steele, Leutwiler and Walton. 

Stand up for Sir Roger, Arnold, Gennoe, Flowers, Friedel and even Paul Robinson.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

It must be my dislike of reading unfair criticism of professional footballers that has prompted me to respond to this post.

Christian Walton played every match last season for us which is a testimony to his fitness, his attitude and to the fact he had the full backing of management and coaching staff.

He also was on loan at Wigan and he couldn’t have done too badly as they retained him for a second season. I think Paul Cook was a pretty demanding manager.

Walton has also achieved international recognition playing for England at junior levels.

Where has he gone on leaving us? To Brighton in the Premiership whose manager Graham Potter will be assessing his progress after his awful injury in his first game with them. I wish him well.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I can assure you I wrote it out! If they wanted him they would have paid up! My opinion backed by evidence of his sometimes erratic displays is that he ain’t worth it! If it differs from yours that’s fine by me.

You said Arsenal agreed with you that he is not worth anywhere near 10m.

As for the facts: It was reported that they had bid 10m and Brentford rejected it. So clearly, Arsenal did think he was worth 10m. It was then reported they went up to 13.5m. Again, Brentford rejected it as they did not want to lose their keeper and have to replace him. They held out for 15m and Raya being sent back to them on loan for this season.

So, i think ill judge their opinion and my own over yours.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Now this will be the last time I join in the Raya conversation as nobody will chance their stance - rightly, or wrongly (Wrongly - in the case of those who defend selling him for £3m) but...

Raya wasn't perfect (for us and Brentford - see Playoff Final). But I guarantee you that if we would have played last season with Raya in net for 46 games - and not Walton - we would have had at least the 7 extra points needed for the playoffs... and then potentially a place in the Premier League. Heck, Walton probably cost us 7 points - on his own - after lockdown.

I'm prepared for a ton of negativity to this statement but here goes "Selling Raya (to replace him with Walton) cost us a genuine chance at £200m." Fact.

Not buying a LB and keeping Bell as a starter may do the same this year...

100% with you.

Raya today is vastly worse than at least 50% of the keepers in the PL but that is a moot point.

Raya last season was vastly better than Walton and that certainly cost us numerous points. We also wasted the money we got from him making it an even more painful piece of business .

Brentford are a trading club and they didn't want to trade Raya below their valuation is also as significant as Arsenal baulking at the price.

Makes somebody buying Josh King even pressing for Rovers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Stop clinging on to this take, you're just gonna become more and more wrong as the years go by.

So Rayas stats were how far ahead of Walton? They were almost exactly the same and Walton isn’t worth £10m! As I pointed out it is my opinion and if it’s different to yours so be it.