BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought the story that we were close to a player was about Garner who opted for Watford instead? Doesn't seem like we necessarily dropped the ball, they're a far more attractive proposition. Not saying our transfer dealings aren't frustrating but I don't think Garner was an example of a poor structure. 

Sharpe reported both Garner and an unnamed LB both fell through.

23 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought the story that we were close to a player was about Garner who opted for Watford instead? Doesn't seem like we necessarily dropped the ball, they're a far more attractive proposition. Not saying our transfer dealings aren't frustrating but I don't think Garner was an example of a poor structure. 

I get your point but it seems we give players, agents and clubs alot of opportunities to change their minds, make offers etc. I thought Harrison Reed was superb when he was here. I understand finances etc. But I feel that was a no brainer. Again right age, quality player, knew the club and apparently was close to rejoining before Fulham came in. These are the type of opportunities you have to take. The Dilly dallying has cost us by playinb chicken with the transfer window closing and hoping to secure targets at the last minute to gain a better price. Some players are worth nailing down early. Reeds value showed when he went to Fulham, they wont be out of pocket with him and nor would we have been.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I dont believe that for one minute.

I'm not up to speed with what is happening in India with Coronavirus but imagine the situation there is very different to that in the UK. Their business interests are likely unaffected by what happens in the UK. 

The club has had no income since February yet carried on spending.

I think they already decided they weren't putting funds into the transfer kitty. The money spent on Kaminski and Ayala will have come from funds already allocated to the wage bill and saved since July by getting shut of Downing, Graham, Tosin and the others.

I very much doubt they know anything about it or the situation with crowds.

What I mean is the realisation there will be no gate revenue until at least March. 

I'm not up to speed with what is happening in India with Coronavirus but imagine the situation there is very different to that in the UK. Their business interests are likely unaffected by what happens in the UK. 

I think they already decided they weren't putting funds into the transfer kitty. The money spent on Kaminski and Ayala will have come from funds already allocated to the wage bill and saved since July by getting shut of Downing, Graham, Tosin and the others.

Over 1000 deaths and nearly 70k cases in last 24 hours, they're in the midst of it.

You’re not up to speed re Coved in India, if you would care to google it, you would find its one of the worst affected places in the world, Venkys shares took another hit recently, they will know exactly what’s going on in the UK, plus worrying about the other 20 odd businesss  all round the world.

5E70D137-899B-4C54-8000-623E5506F017.png

• Like 2

You doubt they know anything about our situation but admit that you don’t know anything about theirs and assume everything is fine.. 

Isn’t that exactly what you’re accusing them of with the UK restrictions?

Slightly hypocritical I’d suggest.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Or what about narrowly missing out on Harrison Reed to Fulham? Surely he could’ve carried us home? The list is exhaustive.

Reed's girlfriend supposedly didn't like being away from her friends and family so coming back to us was very unlikely. 

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

Pleaaaaaase can everyone stop talking about Raya. He must have taken up a good 50 pages of this transfer thread. Just go on his own specific thread. Mods could you not start chucking Raya chat in there to help?

Best to skip through the thread when posters keep banging on him. 

why don't actually look up the Covid-19 cases and number of deaths in India before posting such comments? Thats been one of the worst hit country in the world. So their business interests have been hit if you look at their share price. They will know everything going on at the club and probably know what the fans messageboards are saying. 

The club has had income from online sales in club shop. Didn't you buy anything during that time?

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They will know everything going on at the club and probably know what the fans messageboards are saying. 

The club has had income from online sales in club shop. Didn't you buy anything during that time?

I'm amazed you believe this. 

The manager has to wait weeks to get answers on his budget and approval to do business but you think the owners spend their time on our messageboards?

They couldn't give a stuff. 

As for Covid maybe it has caused them difficulties. Maybe it hasn't. We don't actually know. People can put share price graphs up but I thought the club was funded personally by the owners, not by the company.

One thing I do know is that other clubs with bigger crowds and overheads than Rovers will be losing more money and have to find more to keep meeting wages etc.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

The manager has to wait weeks to get answers on his budget and approval to do business but you think the owners spend their time on our messageboards?

As for Covid maybe it has caused them difficulties. Maybe it hasn't. We don't actually know. People can put share price graphs up but I thought the club was funded personally by the owners, not by the company.

One thing I do know is that other clubs with bigger crowds and overheads than Rovers will be losing more money and have to find more to keep meeting wages etc.

Yes - I think probably a lot of clubs have cancelled their transfer plans.

It's a classic "stop everything and we will rebudget scenario".

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I do have one worry that the Covid situation might be seen as a "respectable" excuse/screen for Venky's to throw in the towel..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Rovers are just 1 of 20 odd business’s they own, obviously this pandemic has affected them, with both India and UK badly hit.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

who says the manager had to wait weeks? You even had Mowbray saying after the Luton game that he hasn't received full clarity on the budget so from that comment he has some sort of clarity on his budget. 

Did I actually say the owners spend time on Rovers messageboards? No I didn't. But it has been said in the past on BRFCS podcasts thats the owners have people who monitor Rovers fan messageboards. 

You don't know JH. You only need to look at Venkys share price over the last 6 months so see they been hit by this Global pandemic. 

Here is an article on Covid-19 cases in Pune from the India today newspaper. As many as 3,291 new coronavirus cases were reported in Pune taking the district's tally to 2,57,797. The death toll reached 5,870 after 96 people succumbed to the infection, an official said on Tuesday. Of the total news cases, 1,364 are in Pune Municipal Corporation limits, which now has 1,34,029 cases. The count in Pimpri Chinchwad increased by 814 to reach 71,641. https://english.jagran.com/india/pune-coronavirus-news-updates-covid-tally-in-district-reaches-breaches-two-and-half-lakh-figure-check-full-list-of-containment-zones-10017123

The pandemic leading to a reduced budget would be understandable, as it was they put us on the back burner and left the manager waiting ages for his budget because we clearly weren't a priority. Why anyone would defend them for it is beyond me.

There is very little evidence that they know "everything that is going on" or have a real strong passion for the club, they have attended more in cardboard form to be fair post lockdown than ever before.

Definitely seems to have been a change in Mowbrays comments since last Thursdays meeting too, maybe they have been spooked.

• Like 2

What are you trying to argue here that the owners don't give a crap about us?I think that obvious to most.

They don't care, we are just one of a number of businesses that they have.

At the same time I can't understand why you expected us to go on a spending spree this summer?The reality is the club has hardly any income so it isn't a case of our incomings being covered by the outgoings.

We have hardly any income coming into the club, other clubs in this division who have done any significant business have sold players to fund it.

You bang on about promotion being the only thing that matters yet you are dead against the loan market? Seemingly wanting us to buy permanent squad fillers to replace Smallwood,Hart, Samuel etc instead of using what little money we have to improve the first 11.

You don't take into account our youth and their development as your posts read like you are nearly crying when it turns out we were never interested in players like Naby Sarr who got relegated last season.

On one hand you moan about Mowbray and the club's terrible recruitment but on the other readily accept Venkys are putting in the minimum and the manager's hands are tied by having to get the deals signed off in India.

They have spent money, we are in debt, have already had a transfer ban for overspending.Just think it's totally unrealistic to expect us to be splashing the cash in the middle of a Global pandemic where a lot of people's jobs are at risk.Id rather the cleaners,Stewards,tea lady etc etc etc kept their jobs rather than us spending a bit of money on journeymen to pad out the squad.

IL add the manager has been backed last 3 years there can be no arguments with that.Even you can't argue with that.One sale for 3 million in 3 years.In that time he has brought a lot of players to the club and a lot of players got new contracts,he has been backed.You can't argue with that the evidence is there for all to see

Edited by islander200
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Clubs losing 150k a week due to playing behind closed doors with no income and poor ST sales, i wouldnt expect to see much more from the club

If we can get a left back in and conclude our business then that would be fine, if other clubs are in the same scenario there won’t be many spending much. Forest have signed a few but they definitely seem a team of individuals rather than an actual team. There’s no stand out sides in this league this season, I’m actually feeeling optimistic for some mental reason. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

who says the manager had to wait weeks? You even had Mowbray saying after the Luton game that he hasn't received full clarity on the budget so from that comment he has some sort of clarity on his budget. 

Did I actually say the owners spend time on Rovers messageboards? No I didn't. But it has been said in the past on BRFCS podcasts thats the owners have people who monitor Rovers fan messageboards

You don't know JH. You only need to look at Venkys share price over the last 6 months so see they been hit by this Global pandemic. 

Here is an article on Covid-19 cases in Pune from the India today newspaper. As many as 3,291 new coronavirus cases were reported in Pune taking the district's tally to 2,57,797. The death toll reached 5,870 after 96 people succumbed to the infection, an official said on Tuesday. Of the total news cases, 1,364 are in Pune Municipal Corporation limits, which now has 1,34,029 cases. The count in Pimpri Chinchwad increased by 814 to reach 71,641. https://english.jagran.com/india/pune-coronavirus-news-updates-covid-tally-in-district-reaches-breaches-two-and-half-lakh-figure-check-full-list-of-containment-zones-10017123

If true, I have a few suspicions.

• Like 2

My knowledge is from eight years ago but one of the staff in the Pune compound had the job of reading supporters' comments on all the various threads and preparing a daily report that was available if asked for. I think that pre-dated Shebby who among other jobs was expected to get closer to the fans and influence perceptions positively.

• Like 3