BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, philipl said:

My knowledge is from eight years ago but one of the staff in the Pune compound had the job of reading supporters' comments on all the various threads and preparing a daily report that was available if asked for. I think that pre-dated Shebby who among other jobs was expected to get closer to the fans and influence perceptions positively.

Good approach. They obviously never asked for it, or decided they didn't care.

2 hours ago, philipl said:

My knowledge is from eight years ago but one of the staff in the Pune compound had the job of reading supporters' comments on all the various threads and preparing a daily report that was available if asked for. I think that pre-dated Shebby who among other jobs was expected to get closer to the fans and influence perceptions positively.

MG road?  Or Sergei the meerkat?

9 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

MG road?  Or Sergei the meerkat?

Probably neither. I fully accept both had roles taking them inside the compound but I don't think either were trusted as the eyes and ears of the family.

As for what the Raos did as a result of fans' writings on social media and elsewhere and whether it had any direct influence, I don't know.

But Mrs D in particular was (and probably still is) interested to know.

They did seek (and were obscenely reliant on) advice from others deemed to be expert. However, after the initial three or four years they set great store by their own appraisal of the character and intelligence of the people they were/are interfacing with. In general (not just Rovers) they work with and through people they invest a great deal of trust in. They expect loyalty and don't expect any exposure through loose tongues.

Mrs D is by all accounts a lady of her own opinions. She is also willing to take a long (a really long) term view and I think we are seeing the impact of that at Rovers and, in some ways, it is beginning to really pay off. I am thinking of the Academy in particular.

For big decisions, they seek unanimity between the four of them but they can be quick moving and decisive when they consider it necessary.

How those factors played out are the story of the last ten years of Rovers.

I will repeat my controversial views. Up until the sacking of Coyle they were a catastrophe (being polite) but since then they are the best owners a club like Rovers could realistically possibly have.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, philipl said:

I mean FFS at the time of his appointment at Rovers he was known throughout Asia/SEA as a leading Tool in football punditry. I posted a firm pointer at the time.

If the Vs had done even the minimum of research they would have known what a clown they were paying good money to.

OK he did kid a few at the start but not for long. The man was a legend only in his own Lunchtime.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

People can put share price graphs up but I thought the club was funded personally by the owners, not by the company.

One thing I do know is that other clubs with bigger crowds and overheads than Rovers will be losing more money and have to find more to keep meeting wages etc.

The club is owned through the Venky’s group of companies. Funding is via inter-company loans (usually converted, at least in part, to share capital at some point) rather than directors loans.

48 minutes ago, toogs said:

Is that an opinion or are you party to more than we know?

I know nothing you don't I'm sure but clearly the post-Coyle steadying of the ship has been a direct result of the influence of Mowbray on the entire club, including the owners. That's all fairly self-evident. Whether you think he's now taken us far as he can is up for debate.

Edited by danger19_80
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

The club is owned through the Venky’s group of companies. Funding is via inter-company loans (usually converted, at least in part, to share capital at some point) rather than directors loans.

Yep the personal funds bit needs putting to bed it looks clear that VLL sits in a corner of the group portfolio gobbling up other profits.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, unsall said:

You’re not up to speed re Coved in India, if you would care to google it, you would find its one of the worst affected places in the world, Venkys shares took another hit recently, they will know exactly what’s going on in the UK, plus worrying about the other 20 odd businesss  all round the world.

5E70D137-899B-4C54-8000-623E5506F017.png

That’s a very very selective chart.

• Like 1

I remember discussing the fact their share price had risen 400% since our purchase with someone on this board.
They said it was based on mortgages on the land that Venkys own increasing 15fold in value, meaning they can remortgage for higher amounts etc. They went on to say the Indian banking system is having liquidity issues due to COVID and land value is decreasing so they may be less keen to invest actual cash.

44 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Yeah show me 6 months at the very least.

Edit: Just checked and the share price has actually increased over the last 6 months. 

Went from high of 1,942 beginning of year to 580 at height of pandemic, recovered to1,052 couple of months ago, to its present around 1,300.

8FBC6059-C5D8-4B28-B727-0D4DA3CD2517.jpeg

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Probably neither. I fully accept both had roles taking them inside the compound but I don't think either were trusted as the eyes and ears of the family.

As for what the Raos did as a result of fans' writings on social media and elsewhere and whether it had any direct influence, I don't know.

But Mrs D in particular was (and probably still is) interested to know.

They did seek (and were obscenely reliant on) advice from others deemed to be expert. However, after the initial three or four years they set great store by their own appraisal of the character and intelligence of the people they were/are interfacing with. In general (not just Rovers) they work with and through people they invest a great deal of trust in. They expect loyalty and don't expect any exposure through loose tongues.

Mrs D is by all accounts a lady of her own opinions. She is also willing to take a long (a really long) term view and I think we are seeing the impact of that at Rovers and, in some ways, it is beginning to really pay off. I am thinking of the Academy in particular.

For big decisions, they seek unanimity between the four of them but they can be quick moving and decisive when they consider it necessary.

How those factors played out are the story of the last ten years of Rovers.

I will repeat my controversial views. Up until the sacking of Coyle they were a catastrophe (being polite) but since then they are the best owners a club like Rovers could realistically possibly have.

So between 2010-2017 club killers, then, six managers later, in early 2017 a sudden Pauline conversion?

• Like 2