BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Let's just be clear,

Stock market price has no direct correlation to free cash flow a company has to offer a club. A higher stock price is driven by external belief of the company to continue to generate profits over time (ultimately to pay dividends). However that only benefits Venkys if they have a need to raise cashflow from a stock float. 

An annology to this I may own a house that is increasing in value over time but day to day I'm broke with nothing to spend. Sure I could sell the house or remortgage but it's a big decision that is strategic and takes time to exicute

When you float shares it's usually for a big investment decision that your current share holders can get behind. Not to pay Mark Venus European nights out.

• Like 9

Waggott:

“We have reached a precarious point in the club’s history and, right now, every penny counts, as we try to keep moving forward against a backdrop of uncertainty and challenging circumstances.”

Think this thread needs closing as regards incomings - autumn sales are on.

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Waggott:

“We have reached a precarious point in the club’s history and, right now, every penny counts, as we try to keep moving forward against a backdrop of uncertainty and challenging circumstances.”

well at least everyone else will be just as skint as we are,kind of a level playing field

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Shows a massive downward trend in March when the pandemic hit the world and hasnt gone back to pre pandemic levels. And in recent weeks it going downward

Lol Stop being so negative!

Show me a company that didn’t have a sharp drop in March. First global lockdown.

Since then they have recovered during a pandemic. They need to stop pretending Venkys are skint, it’s just insulting to people.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

Waggott:

Autumn sales to who ? we are all in the same boat by then the PL will be a busted flush as well

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Lol Stop being so negative!

Show me a company that didn’t have a sharp drop in March. First global lockdown.

Since then they have recovered during a pandemic. They need to stop pretending Venkys are skint, it’s just insulting to people.

Not often I agree with Chaddy, but since April 2018 it's been in a downtrend, lower highs and lower lows. It has recovered somewhat from the effects of covid, but not to previous levels and certainly nowhere near historic highs

Either way, surely the already stupid and idiotic "financial fair play" rules will have to be thrown in the bin? I cannot imagine how it is possible for any club that is not allowed to bring in fans to be generating enough profit to maintain its expenditure without owner support. Not unless you can buy yourself the best lawyers in the business, like City. 

26 minutes ago, blue_n_white99 said:

Not often I agree with Chaddy, but since April 2018 it's been in a downtrend, lower highs and lower lows. It has recovered somewhat from the effects of covid, but not to previous levels and certainly nowhere near historic highs

Go back and look at Venkys share price before they bought Rovers.

They owe us not the other way around.

And that’s before we get into what they have done to our club.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

Either way, surely the already stupid and idiotic "financial fair play" rules will have to be thrown in the bin? I cannot imagine how it is possible for any club that is not allowed to bring in fans to be generating enough profit to maintain its expenditure without owner support. Not unless you can buy yourself the best lawyers in the business, like City. 

Exactly. The Football League will have bigger issues to deal with than trying to enforce already convoluted rules in the middle of a pandemic where all clubs incomes will have plummeted.

34 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

FFP does not prevent owner support. It is designed to prevent losses above a certain level - £39m over 3 years in the case of the Championship.

30 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Go back and look at Venkys share price before they bought Rovers.

They owe us not the other way around.

And that’s before we get into what they have done to our club.

Don't doubt for one moment they have been a disaster for Rovers, but my comments were purely based on the chart for their shares. Purchasing Rovers didn't take it to the highs of April 2018, nor did Rovers create the down trend since then.