BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Taken from that article..

This is why we'll never progress with Mowbray, if you're signing players for any other reason than improving the first 11 then what's the point?

We have enough squad fillers as it is.

It’s called man management.

• Like 1

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

One of the best man managers out there was Kenny Dalglish.

He always said, and I saw it on one of those old season review videos recently "we're always looking to bring players in that are better than what we have got, it's how a club moves forward".

I'm certainly not having it that Mowbray is this master man manager.

Many ways to skin a cat. If I was having unprecedented trouble recruiting in an underperforming area I don't think I'd be making public pronouncements slagging off my current employees and saying they aren't good enough.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, S8 & Blue said:

Many ways to skin a cat. If I was having unprecedented trouble recruiting in an underperforming area I don't think I'd be making public pronouncements slagging off my current employees and saying they aren't good enough.

Mowbray naturally has never ever done that awful thing

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

This is why we'll never progress with Mowbray, if you're signing players for any other reason than improving the first 11 then what's the point?

Every fooking window we have this from him even if he has the opportunity he's terrified of pushing it and upsetting the pecking order.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Don't recall saying that tbh

He publicly hung his defenders out to try in that whole "defenders are coming" spiel a couple of years back.

Then there was Raya last summer.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Go back and look at Venkys share price before they bought Rovers.

They owe us not the other way around.

And that’s before we get into what they have done to our club.

Correlation doesn't equal causation though. We are just one of many businesses they own. We can't claim credit for their share increase.

We have certainly increased their profile, but they've also looked like bumbling clowns in the public glare for large periods due to it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

He publicly hung his defenders out to try in that whole "defenders are coming" spiel a couple of years back.

Then there was Raya last summer.

So do you agree with me that is a bad thing?

Don't understand your angle.

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

So contradictory. One minute we’re only in for players who will improve the first 11. Now we want squad fillers. What will it be tomorrow?

The absolute last thing we need is squad fillers.

You have the Academy graduates for that. 

Spend the money on a better LB or don't spend it at all.

• Like 8

Quality needed not not quantity we are past that juncture thanks to the youngsters. We've also offloaded a few out of contract well paid squad fillers, some who's sole purpose just seemed to be there to fill the headcount.

Resources should go into the best player possible now.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, superniko said:

I remember discussing the fact their share price had risen 400% since our purchase with someone on this board.
They said it was based on mortgages on the land that Venkys own increasing 15fold in value, meaning they can remortgage for higher amounts etc. They went on to say the Indian banking system is having liquidity issues due to COVID and land value is decreasing so they may be less keen to invest actual cash.

The land is totally separate from the chicken feed business.

The chicken feed business is the only one of 40+ businesses publicly quoted and it has ridden the wave of loose money to dramatically higher share prices as well as being well run.

• Like 1

Rovers transfer update 24/9:

- Good and bad news on the injury front. The bad being that Dack still isn't fit and Travis needs surgery. The good being Gally and Evans are still injured.

- Both sets of news however shed a light on how thin the squad is and the need for reinforcements. 

- On Evans and not really linked to transfers but how the hell can he be injured all the time except around internationals? I mean how is this physically even possible? Can we get Dack and Travis called up into the NI squad as it seems a miracle cure for injuries, albeit a temporary one? 

- TM said he only wants squad fillers. After all why would we want to improve the squad and improve on a 10th place finish? Why would we actually want better players? 

- His comments do however shed light on certain signings we have made...

- Also in terms of TMs comments during transfer windows never let it be said he doesn't know how to stomp fans expectations into the dust. From the we don't need a new left back (heck of a come down from a 5-0 win) to we don't want better players, to I don't know my budget, it's no wonder Rovers fans hate transfer windows. 

- in absence of any transfer news debate once again turns to the quality of our owners. I personally don't know why we still have this debate as surely we have run out of adjectives to describe their loathsomeness. Whilst it could be acknowledged their current attitude towards Rovers is positively philanthropic compared to the early years, this is sadly: a) more an indictment of how bad their early behaviour was than an endorsement of now, b) ignores we are still run in a shambolic manner, and c) are reliant on their ministrations because of their past action. Still it's something to do during a transfer window I suppose. 

- And of course, there are still no transfers. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, philipl said:

The land is totally separate from the chicken feed business.

The chicken feed business is the only one of 40+ businesses publicly quoted and it has ridden the wave of loose money to dramatically higher share prices as well as being well run.

The dramatically higher share prices were mainly due to the beef ban in India. All poultry companies in that part of the world benfited and Venky's are one of the highest profile so thet did really well out of it in terms of share price and profits.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

It’s called man management.

I’d rather have the players on their toes worried they will lose there place if standards drop. Enough with the uncle Tony act. They should be thinking if he’s looking for better it won’t be me. Not I’m a guaranteed starter 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’d rather have the players on their toes worried they will lose there place if standards drop. Enough with the uncle Tony act. They should be thinking if he’s looking for better it won’t be me. Not I’m a guaranteed starter 

It’s not an “Uncle Tony” act, in fact someone else just pointed out other occasions when he has thrown players under the bus - and I don’t agree with that.

Management by fear is a very outdated and counterproductive strategy imo.

Each to their own.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think we can progress. But best buying one quality player like Manning. As he can play midfield as well as left back. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Agreed. Makes you wonder why he publicly dug Raya out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The absolute last thing we need is squad fillers.

You have the Academy graduates for that. 

Spend the money on a better LB or don't spend it at all.

How can he talk like this having just released the ultimate squad filler in that position, Sam Hart?

21 minutes ago, LDRover said:

How can he talk like this having just released the ultimate squad filler in that position, Sam Hart?

Apart from Downing who was in talks to stay (and now may well retire at 36), Hart is the only one of our released players not to get a gig somewhere...