BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I think the manager sounds frustrated as the landscape around him changes.

But bearing in mind the recent updates on fans not being allowed into grounds, it’s unsurprising if the landscape has changed? 

If I was taking this summer as a one off I'd agree but there does seem to be a trend following each window of frustration

5 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

For those quoting Dack, Dack was signed to play at the level he had excelled not at the level above. 

And he's excelled at the level above. Which was the whole point of the argument i.e. players from L1 can bridge the gap in quality to the Championship. Mani said they couldn't. QED. 

I never mentioned money so there's no point arguing with me about it. 

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Sigh. I never mentioned budget, money etc.  Please read the thread and try to understand what was being said. 

Sorry for being so thick. Can you explain in basic English what you are trying to say please? It is posters like you why so many have left here. Cant discuss just revert to insults and put downs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Maybe struggling now to get longer term contracts with big pay rises signed off owing to all the uncertainty.

A way around it is perhaps in cases like NYambe give him a big re-signing fee out of this seasons budget in return for a more modest wage over the next few years ?

They need to do something. Allowing the likes of JRC and Nyambe to walk away would be criminal. 

• Like 1

And he's excelled at the level above. Which was the whole point of the argument i.e. players from L1 can bridge the gap in quality to the Championship. Mani said they couldn't. QED. 

Who excelled at the level above which he bought for? Dack or Whiteman? Neither had played nevermind excelled in Championship so if you cant grasp there is ALWAYS a link about money and expectations and risk then Im sorry.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Sorry for being so thick. Can you explain in basic English what you are trying to say please? It is posters like you why so many have left here. Cant discuss just revert to insults and put downs.

I already have. At least you accept you haven't understood. Read the thread again. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I think the manager sounds frustrated as the landscape around him changes.

But bearing in mind the recent updates on fans not being allowed into grounds, it’s unsurprising if the landscape has changed? 

Has the landscape changed much? When his budget was set fans weren't allowed in grounds and they still aren't.

I don't think anyone seriously thought that we'd have serious numbers through the turnstiles before the end of the year. If they set a transfer budget contingent upon that happening then more fool them.

15 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

It could be so much worse, we could be forest fans??? already shouting for a new manager after just 4 games!

Not just 4 games though. They were terrible at the end of last season. They've lost about 6 on the bounce and only won about 4 in 20. 

He'll be gone in no time with their owners.

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Who excelled at the level above which he bought for? Dack or Whiteman? Neither had played nevermind excelled in Championship so if you cant grasp there is ALWAYS a link about money and expectations and risk then Im sorry.

Bought for? Who mentioned that? The discussion is Dack bridged the gap from playing his whole career in the lower leagues to excelling in the Championship. That's it. Nothing more. It isn't a difficult concept. Read the thread if you like again and it will become clear to you.

Again, money wasn't the argument.  I'm sorry you're having to invent an argument because you didn't understand the discussion before you jumped in. If you want to carry on PM me. It's very dull. 

9 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Yeah....no I didn’t but why let the truth get in the way of a good story huh?

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Has the landscape changed much? When his budget was set fans weren't allowed in grounds and they still aren't.

I don't think anyone seriously thought that we'd have serious numbers through the turnstiles before the end of the year. If they set a transfer budget contingent upon that happening then more fool them.

But they were expecting / projecting it would open up surely? Not having any season ticket sales will change the landscape, surely?

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Yeah....no I didn’t but why let the truth get in the way of a good story huh?

Yep, you did. You said the gap in quality is too big between L1 and Championship and that's why we shouldn't sign Whiteman. Fact. Hence the Dack reference. 

5 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Yep, you did. You said the gap in quality is too big between L1 and Championship and that's why we shouldn't sign Whiteman. Fact. Hence the Dack reference. 

I thought he had said while Whiteman looks good in league 1 the championship is a huge jump and he was not convinced that whiteman was any better than trav Buckley etc therefore at his price would not want him to be bought

In fact not just not any better but actually not as good. Tend to agree tbf if there was a player like trav in league one atm he would have been bought long ago no messing

Edited by Beanie01289

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

I thought he had said while Whiteman looks good in league 1 the championship is a huge jump and he was not convinced that whiteman was any better than trav Buckley etc therefore at his price would not want him to be bought

No, he said it in a post that was subsequently removed. If he's honest he'll admit it. He used the jump in quality from L1 to Champ as a reason for not signing Whiteman. 

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

No, he said it in a post that was subsequently removed. If he's honest he'll admit it. He used the jump in quality from L1 to Champ as a reason for not signing Whiteman. 

It's a fair enough reason tbf the lad might be good but at the price and with the fact we have better cms than him on the books makes him a wasted source of funds if we bought him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

In fact not just not any better but actually not as good. Tend to agree tbf if there was a player like trav in league one atm he would have been bought long ago no messing

That’s what I said other than my opinion of Whiteman in League 1 is ‘a tidy player’ not a good one because in the games I’ve seen he’s just been that. 

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

It's a fair enough reason tbf the lad might be good but at the price and with the fact we have better cms than him on the books makes him a wasted source of funds if we bought him.

Mani said we shouldn't sign him because the gap is too big. Dack proves that's bollocks. As does AA and every other player that's ever played in L1 and has gone on to do well in the Championship. . 

Nobody mentioned money. 

27 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

They need to do something. Allowing the likes of JRC and Nyambe to walk away would be criminal. 

Agreed and he seems to be hinting at something.

If he only has one pot of money he'll be looking to tie assets down using it first rather than spend it on someone else. He's right in doing that it has to be said although frustrating that yet again it comes down to this.

Just hope advice from somewhere to those above iisn't along the lines of hey get some compo and future add ons it's cheaper that way and still profitable.

Mani said we shouldn't sign him because the gap is too big. Dack proves that's bollocks. As does AA and every other player that's ever played in L1 and has gone on to do well in the Championship. . 

Nobody mentioned money. 

When AA was in league 1 who held his contract?

• Like 1

Travis, Holtby, Johnson, Evans, Buckley, Davenport in a 4-3-3

Add Dack, Chapman, Dolan, JRC, Brennan in a 4-4-2

Which ones does Whiteman get selected ahead of? 

A much better guide than talking notional League 1/ notional Championship.

Edited by philipl