BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, tomphil said:

Agreed and he seems to be hinting at something.

If he only has one pot of money he'll be looking to tie assets down using it first rather than spend it on someone else. He's right in doing that it has to be said although frustrating that yet again it comes down to this.

Just hope advice from somewhere to those above iisn't along the lines of hey get some compo and future add ons it's cheaper that way and still profitable.

He's defo got the hump, that was clear in that stroppy-ish interview on Radio Lancs with Bayes last Saturday after the match. Something changed in that meeting 10 days ago on the Thursday.

It's false economy to let Nyambe go on a compo deal. He could be worth £10m in a year or two. Same with JRC. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Mani said we shouldn't sign him because the gap is too big. Dack proves that's bollocks. As does AA and every other player that's ever played in L1 and has gone on to do well in the Championship. . 

Nobody mentioned money. 

Bell proves it to be correct there are of course players who can make the jump but if they are wanting 2m then it's not a risk worth taking

2 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

When AA was in league 1 who held his contract?

How is that relevant to the discussion? Unless he'd played in the Prem and done well and I'd missed it? Makes you wonder why they sold him - maybe because he flopped at Bolton and Barnsley on loan in the Championship and had only ever done well at Cov in L1? Now look at him. Good job we didn't write him off because he's only done well in L1. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

4 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Bell proves it to be correct there are of course players who can make the jump but if they are wanting 2m then it's not a risk worth taking

Not really 'correct'.  That depends how good he is like you said. P'boro have made a living out of flogging players from L1.

But again I never mentioned money. 

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

None of the top lot

Thank you- I haven't seen enough of Whiteman to know.  Good luck to him and Swansea.

Yes Mowbray was grumpy. But by all accounts he had just missed out on the Manc youngster and the QPR left back. We know that to be fact. Everything else is speculation until 17.00 on 12 October.

As I have said before, unless precisely the player Rovers want is in their sights, I'd hold tight now for the crazy 72 hours running into the Premier window closing then again the 72 hours before our window closes.

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

How is that relevant to the discussion? Unless he'd played in the Prem and done well and I'd missed it? Makes you wonder why they sold him - maybe because he flopped at Bolton and Barnsley on loan in the Championship and had only ever done well at Cov in L1? Now look at him. Good job we didn't write him off because he's only done well in L1. 

There is a massive difference in someone 18-19 on loan in league 1 playing and scoring regularly than someone 23 and has never played at a higher level no?

• Like 1

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

There is a massive difference in someone 18-19 on loan in league 1 playing and scoring regularly than someone 23 and has never played at a higher level no?

See Dack. 

And this is my last point on this - the argument was about Whiteman not being able to play in the Champ because he's in L1 and the gap is too big. That was the discussion. That was Mani's point. That is the only thing I've discussed. Everything else is meaningless?

12 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He's defo got the hump, that was clear in that stroppy-ish interview on Radio Lancs with Bayes last Saturday after the match. Something changed in that meeting 10 days ago on the Thursday.

It's false economy to let Nyambe go on a compo deal. He could be worth £10m in a year or two. Same with JRC. 

The idiot middleman will no doubt be the holdup again or Vs have the do not disturb sign up again.

6 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Tut tut. Not in the post that got deleted. 

Deleted?? ????

Bore off mate, I said that having watched Whiteman, considered the huge skills gap between league 1 and the championship and that I consider our midfielders to be good enough to start in any team in League I wouldn’t spend “that money on that player in that position” - It would seem from the several posters who are currently trying to correct YOU that you should maybe reflect on that. 

You’ll see that I specifically said that there were good League 1 players who usually get snapped up very early and that Dack is the epitome of an exception to that rule.

Best to leave it now mate, yeah ??

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Deleted?? ????

Bore off mate, I said that having watched Whiteman, considered the huge skills gap between league 1 and the championship and that I consider our midfielders to be good enough to start in any team in League I wouldn’t spend “that money on that player in that position” - It would seem from the several posters who are currently trying to correct YOU that you should maybe reflect on that. 

You’ll see that I specifically said that there were good League 1 players who usually get snapped up very early and that Dack is the epitome of an exception to that rule.

Bullshit. And you know it. ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Deleted?? ????

Yeah, best to leave it, it’s cripplingly boring for the rest of us watching you lot argue then call each other baby and sweet cheeks. 

Just now, J*B said:

Yeah, best to leave it, it’s cripplingly boring for the rest of us watching you lot argue then call each other baby and sweet cheeks. 

It certainly is. Their discussion ran it's course quite some time ago, with all salient points made really. Not that we aren't all prone to circular debates from time to time but some people engage in them nearly every day.

55 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

But they were expecting / projecting it would open up surely? Not having any season ticket sales will change the landscape, surely?

When the budget was set, some time after the end of the season in late July or early August, we hadn't had any income or season ticket sales. Waggott didn't begin selling them until mid September seemingly with a deadline of early October and the transfer window closes a week after that 

I don't think ticket sales makes much, if any difference to the transfer kitty, going off the above dates.

35 minutes ago, philipl said:

Yes Mowbray was grumpy. But by all accounts he had just missed out on the Manc youngster and the QPR left back. We know that to be fact. Everything else is speculation until 17.00 on 12 October.

I don't think its been confirmed that Manning was the LB who nearly signed. The target was supposed to be signing for another club. Manning hasn't signed for anyone yet and there doesn't even appear to be any rumours circulating. Maybe we can revisit that one if he or QPR realise they're not getting a better offer! I think he would be a brilliant signing, but it may require some patience! 

• Like 1

“Of last weekend’s starting line-up, Rankin-Costello, Derrick Williams, Amari’i Bell, Bradley Johnson, Lewis Holtby and Joe Rothwell are all out of contract next summer, while long-serving duo Elliott Bennett and Corry Evans also see their deals expire.”

Even if we need to spend some of the transfer cash on contract extensions I wouldn’t be rushing to give new contracts to that many of those. JRC, Holtby, Rothwell and of course Nyambe are the priorities....the rest are...meh..

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

How is that relevant to the discussion?

You’ve said something along these^^^ lines four or fives times on this threads last few pages. You keep saying that all these points people are making aren’t part of the discussion or that YOU didn’t raise them so it’s not part of it.

If someone raises a point, whether you like it or not, it’s then a part of the discussion.

Nobody is claiming that YOU brought the financial element into the Whiteman/League One/Dack debate, people are just bringing that element in themselves. 

You constantly quote my posts and moan that I shut others down, and that I argue points that aren’t there, but for five or so pages you’ve been the centre of a baffling and non-existent argument, seemingly on behalf of another poster in @Sparks Rover.

@Paul Mani was just having a laugh right at the start of this, and the entire Whiteman conversation has now been blown way out of proportion, and it’s getting into silly details it doesn’t need to now. Nobody is doubting Whitemans clear ability in League One, so let’s agree to disagree on his future abilities, as nobody can truly predict how well he’ll do!

The only one I'd be desperate to sign up ASAP is Nyambe, as I rate him and he's got lots of potential to improve but I do worry that it's taken so long already and him being dropped might make him reluctant.  Obviously JRC needs singing up but in theory that should be too difficult.

Holtby and Rothwell still have a bit to prove so can wait until nearer new year for me.

• Like 1

Just now, JoeH said:

You’ve said something along these^^^ lines four or fives times on this threads last few pages. You keep saying that all these points people are making aren’t part of the discussion or that YOU didn’t raise them so it’s not part of it.

If someone raises a point, whether you like it or not, it’s then a part of the discussion.

Nobody is claiming that YOU brought the financial element into the Whiteman/League One/Dack debate, people are just bringing that element in themselves. 

You constantly quote my posts and moan that I shut others down, and that I argue points that aren’t there, but for five or so pages you’ve been the centre of a baffling and non-existent argument, seemingly on behalf of another poster in @Sparks Rover.

@Paul Mani was just having a laugh right at the start of this, and the entire Whiteman conversation has now been blown way out of proportion, and it’s getting into silly details it doesn’t need to now. Nobody is doubting Whitemans clear ability in League One, so let’s agree to disagree on his future abilities, as nobody can truly predict how well he’ll do!

Not with me it's not. They can quote someone else.?

Anyway, I think the discussion has ended at the request of the owner of the site. PM if you've anything to add. 

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Point 1 - Why? There’s been many others come on here who haven’t been fans in the past. I don’t see any connection between the way he converses and the best interests of the club. That’s my opinion...it’s no different from people previously suggesting that I work for Venkys because I refuse to ignore the finance they’ve pumped in. I’m sure @Sparks Rover appreciates your support but he’ll be fine.

Point 2 - That’s it though. I’ve watched him and haven’t seen ‘it’ at all. Just a tidy player who might develop into a good championship player. But certainly nothing to suggest he’s better than what we’ve got. As for the hype and him being highly rated, other than Sparks linking him to everyone other than Barcelona and a few Doncaster supporters please point me to it? The closest you can get to a link on google is him being Barnsley’s no.1 target ?

Point 3 - I’m not writing off all League one players. Bradley Dack is the best EXCEPTION to the rule that anyone could use but he is just that, the exception. The jump in quality between League 1 and the Championship is huge, as I’m sure you’ve seen in recent years.

In all honesty no one knows if Whiteman is the next Pirlo or the next Hope Akpan, but I return to my original point that I don’t see any reason that he walks into our team in front of Travis, Holtby, Rothwell, Johnson or Buckley. At the reported price valuation I don’t see the value in spending that money, on that player, in that position.

Dack was a success story but how many flops did we sign from the lower levels going back over the last few of years ? It's quite a long list.  That guy who's name I've momentarily forgotten who we got from Oxford looked a very, very good footballer at that level but did nothing at Ewood.  Jack Payne I think ?

• Like 2