BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It means I disagree with @roversfan99 comment on which he said he was poor. 

It does appear he signed a new contract last November until 2023. The site I looked on hasnt updated there data. So my apologies. 

Yes I disagree with @roversfan99's comment who said he was poor last weekend. Which he wasn't. 

I dont think I said he was poor. I said his crossing was poor which baring in mind it regularly went to the keeper, I think is a fair comment. Overall, he was fine.

I dont think he is a full back so Nyambe would definitely come in, and I dont think hes done enough to be guaranteed a start, hence, like you, I left him out of my suggested team.

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

“Of last weekend’s starting line-up, Rankin-Costello, Derrick Williams, Amari’i Bell, Bradley Johnson, Lewis Holtby and Joe Rothwell are all out of contract next summer, while long-serving duo Elliott Bennett and Corry Evans also see their deals expire.”

Even if we need to spend some of the transfer cash on contract extensions I wouldn’t be rushing to give new contracts to that many of those. JRC, Holtby, Rothwell and of course Nyambe are the priorities....the rest are...meh..

A left back, backup keeper and contracts for JRC and Nyambe have to be done ASAP imo. The rest can wait., but they have to get these sorted, although I think it's probably to late to get Nyambe done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Dack was a success story but how many flops did we sign from the lower levels going back over the last few of years ? It's quite a long list.  That guy who's name I've momentarily forgotten who we got from Oxford looked a very, very good footballer at that level but did nothing at Ewood.  Jack Payne I think ?

Yes that’s right, cracking player in that league, no so in the Championship. Dack is very much the exception to the rule. Anyone who has been following Rovers over the past few years knows how big a gulf in quality that was. 

• Moderation Lead

Just trawled through a hell of a lot of bickering, that was painful to read. 
Can we leave the sassy posts and all the trolling out please? It’s been especially annoying to see people admit that they were deliberately trying to get a rise out of those posters too. 
And where we’ve been advising you to ignore certain other posters, please either place them on ignore, or put your big boy/girl pants on and simply scroll past when you see their posts. If not, you’ll be having a break from the forum as it’s against the rules. 
There won’t be any more warnings like this, just actual warnings. 
In short, just don’t be dicks please.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

What's everyone's opinion on Whiteman? Heard he might be going to Swansea.

He's perfect for us. Young, powerful, big strong midfielder with an eye for goal. His passing is incisive and he rarely gives the  ball away.  Technically good as he was raised at the utd academy from young until 16 when he was released and went to Sheff Utd. Nigel Clough, Darren Ferguson and Nigel Adkins all rate him and Darren Moore made him club captain.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

I don't. He created 5 chances against Wycombe, the most in the league despite only coming on fairly late as a sub. He is a class act.

Maybe the words ‘against Wycombe’ are more telling than ‘5 chances’. Time will tell, but midfielders these days need to be strong, fit, tough hombres that can also play a bit.  Buckley does seem a bit frail to be a centre mid at present - but with cash tight we do really need him to live up to some of the hype. 

• Like 1

Just now, Glosrover said:

Maybe the words ‘against Wycombe’ are more telling than ‘5 chances’. Time will tell, but midfielders these days need to be strong, fit, tough hombres that can also play a bit.  Buckley does seem a bit frail to be a centre mid at present - but with cash tight we do really need him to live up to some of the hype. 

10-man Wycombe too when he came on.

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Let’s get back to chatting about how crap Alan Fettis was then...??

Pretty fucking crap ? (That Arsenal game, my god!) 11 appearances for Rovers apparently (over THREE years). Would be curious to see which games they were.

Interesting he is a goalkeeping coach with Man Utd U18s, where theoretically he got to mould our favourite ex Shrewsbury keeper.

Ironically I think we would all take Fettis as GK coach over Ben Benson ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Cunningham is starting for Cardiff today. If there was a chance of getting him it may well be gone sadly.

Shame. I think he suits their team well, glad he’s getting the game time he deserves. Wish we could’ve grabbed him but hopefully he comes on a free next summer

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He's perfect for us. Young, powerful, big strong midfielder with an eye for goal. His passing is incisive and he rarely gives the  ball away.  Technically good as he was raised at the utd academy from young until 16 when he was released and went to Sheff Utd. Nigel Clough, Darren Ferguson and Nigel Adkins all rate him and Darren Moore made him club captain.

I’d be keen to hear some other opinions as yours is a pretty bias view tbf.

Whether we have money or don't, right now is the time to make church mice look like millionaires.

The lads have done their stuff making us early contenders. I doubt any player can look at coming to Rovers as a Championship club as anything other than a fantastic opportunity.  

• Like 6

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/tony-mowbray-press-conference-live-19002022

"We're trying really hard. We haven't got millions, probably loans I'd suggest, not enough for a transfer fee and salary. Wants to fill the squad out."

Seems to be very much bargain hunting. Wonder how we will approach the goalkeeping situation. The situation shouldnt change, we still need who we need even on a limited budget.

You look at the team today, Bell, Williams, Dolan, Brereton, Rankin Costello, Rothwell, all very good performances. Do them 6 play every week for a team that gets into the top 6? Most I would suggest possibly not. But you look at it, if we start conceding goals, Ayala comes in, one of the best defenders in the division if he is fit enough. Nyambe comes in at right back probably next week due to injury. I would like to think that we will have a different left back for most of the season, although Bell keeps his place next week. That midfield, does Johnson keep the consistency, does Rothwell nail down the spot every single week? Do Brereton and Dolan justify a start in every single game? We dont know at the moment, but even if not, Evans is back soon, Travis will be back in 3 months, maybe another midfielder will come in, maybe even Buckley will make an impact, of course Dack will come back, Gallagher will come back. Not advocating that the team all needs changing, far from it. I just like to think that with hopefully 3 new signings coming in, and the situation with returning players from injury, we might have options.

• Like 1