BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Yeh I really don't think he does. Described losing to us as his worst moment as a professional or something like that. Even though we needed the points desperately as we were in a relegation scrap. Even though he had been part of that team that got hammered by Manure (7-1 was it?) which should have been far more embarrassing, especially since he was supposedly a boyhood Rovers fan.

I thought Jones was terrific when he was here, I could kinda understand him moving, even though it was to them, even though I thought he moved too soon, and even though we were shafted out of a few million by him not picking Liverpool. But after those comments he is eternally persona non gratis to me.

He did support Rovers when growing up. He was certainly mascot as a kid and I believe was a season ticket holder. Chorley lad where we’ve always had a decent following over the years. 

I don’t condone the comments you refer to though.

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

His injury record is poor but I'd take him on a pay as you play basis.. Huge asset when fit. Doubt if his agent would agree though

Jones posed with Manchester United gear when still under contract with Blackburn Rovers.

It's been a joy watching his career flounder and flop at Old Trafford. Would never have him back. 

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Talk of Phil Jones is pie in the sky but even if it wasn't I wouldn't want him.

He hasn't gone a season injury free in the past 5 or 6. The last thing we need to be doing is breaking the bank signing a player to sit on the physios bench. We have Mulgrew for that.

Take money out of it and I'd sign Jones in a heartbeat. Injuries and gurning aside he is still a prem level player who would improve the side.

As I and others have said he should have gone to Liverpool. He would have been a much better player because of it. Yet he went chasing trophies at Man U and got there just after the bus had left.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

It's a no from me over Jones. Error prone, injury prone and will treat a return like he'd not have to give it 100% as we're a 'lesser club' in a a division below. He was quick to run off to a bigger club in a manner a bit like Bentley and give it the Billy big balls thinking he made it.

I'd have him but for the injuries. However some Premier League club will end up with him, He'd be on over £100000 a week so way over our budget.

1 hour ago, zeleni said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8782865/Leicester-edge-closer-37m-capture-Burnley-defender-James-Tarkowski.html

Are we going to get some percentage for Tarkowski if the deal goes through? He was our member from his 9-th -14-th year (1999-2006).

If we were due anything would we have not got it when he signed for the Dingles from Brentford? Or when he signed for Brentford from I think, Oldham? Why now?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Can't believe people are actually discussing Jones like he's an option ?

I know, I’ve not seen anything to even remotely suggest that except one tweet from some guy saying he wants to come back here, just typical Twitter nonsense, some guy makes a passing comment then all the gullible idiots start discussing it. We wouldn’t afford 5% of his wages in a loan deal and nor would I want us to ?

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Yeh I really don't think he does. Described losing to us as his worst moment as a professional or something like that. Even though we needed the points desperately as we were in a relegation scrap. Even though he had been part of that team that got hammered by Manure (7-1 was it?) which should have been far more embarrassing, especially since he was supposedly a boyhood Rovers fan.

I thought Jones was terrific when he was here, I could kinda understand him moving, even though it was to them, even though I thought he moved too soon, and even though we were shafted out of a few million by him not picking Liverpool. But after those comments he is eternally persona non gratis to me.

The lad is a walking meme. How is losing to us the worst moment of his professional life?!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Bellamy was not even close to being on the same planet as Thierry Henry! put down the sauce ? 

He could have been I think, if he'd sorted himself out. Obviously just a personal opinion, but he had exceptional pace, could score from range, link and create. He was unplayable really. Some of the goals he scored were unbelievable solo efforts.

Henry kicked on from a pretty modest start at Monaco into a goal machine at Arsenal really epitomising everything Wenger was trying to do. Bellamy on the other hand spent that part of his career falling out with Souness and Shearer, getting shunted out to Celtic, had one excellent season with us, then moved to Liverpool and hit Riise with a golf club and continued he merry go round of clubs.

If he'd had his head screwed on he could have had a much better career. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

He could have been I think, if he'd sorted himself out. Obviously just a personal opinion, but he had exceptional pace, could score from range, link and create. He was unplayable really. Some of the goals he scored were unbelievable solo efforts.

Henry kicked on from a pretty modest start at Monaco into a goal machine at Arsenal really epitomising everything Wenger was trying to do. Bellamy on the other hand spent that part of his career falling out with Souness and Shearer, getting shunted out to Celtic, had one excellent season with us, then moved to Liverpool and hit Riise with a golf club and continued he merry go round of clubs.

If he'd had his head screwed on he could have had a much better career. 

He also had injury problems from a young age, struggled to stay fully fit for a long period. The Bellamy we saw at Ewood for that one season is the best striker I’ve seen play for us in my lifetime easily, I was born in 1996 by the way if you’re wondering why I’m not saying Shearer. He singlehandedly nearly got us in the champions league! 

2 hours ago, Butty said:

If we were due anything would we have not got it when he signed for the Dingles from Brentford? Or when he signed for Brentford from I think, Oldham? Why now?

They changed the rules a while back so that all the clubs that trained a player are entitled to a (Very) small 'solidarity' payment when a player moves. A fraction of a percent, the idea being that a non-league team that produces a premier league player gets money over the course of the players career, depending on how many years the player was with them. No idea if that would apply in this case, but if it did we might get a couple of thousand quid.

1 hour ago, Butty said:

He also had injury problems from a young age, struggled to stay fully fit for a long period. The Bellamy we saw at Ewood for that one season is the best striker I’ve seen play for us in my lifetime easily, I was born in 1996 by the way if you’re wondering why I’m not saying Shearer. He singlehandedly nearly got us in the champions league! 

What a shit year to be born, lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, david brent said:

He did support Rovers when growing up. He was certainly mascot as a kid and I believe was a season ticket holder. Chorley lad where we’ve always had a decent following over the years. 

I don’t condone the comments you refer to though.

Yeh I didn't mean to imply he wasn't a fan, in name anyway, growing up. More that what he said gets his fan card revoked for me.

• Like 2