BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Yeh I really don't think he does. Described losing to us as his worst moment as a professional or something like that. Even though we needed the points desperately as we were in a relegation scrap.

To be fair if I played for Man United and lost at Old Trafford to a team managed by Steve Kean I think it would probably be my worst moment as well.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

To be fair if I played for Man United and lost at Old Trafford to a team managed by Steve Kean I think it would probably be my worst moment as well.

That did make me laugh. But I've messaged the mods to have you banned ?

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Jones hasn't progressed in any way. He still making the same mistakes that he was making as a 17 year old.

Seems like he's making more than he did as a 17 year old to me...from what little I watch or hear about Prem football these days.

12 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

He’s been more like the next Jimmy Edwards than the next Duncan Edwards.

I recall a player who put his all into every challenge at the expense of injury and who played from back, brought ball forward. His main fault was putting himself into every challenge and risking injury (but he won most challenges/timed these well) but imo his work rate for Rovers/passion and contribution was never an issue. Oh how we have short memories / re write history as fans ( UTD signing doesn’t rewrite above) 

Edited by markhayhurst
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Jones hasn't progressed in any way. He still making the same mistakes that he was making as a 17 year old.

he was never going to be anything other than a good stopper,big strong lad,good in the air and in the tackle but thats it,was never going to hold down the centre back position at utd with so much competition hence he was shunted all over the place,i guess he`s made plenty of money so maybe it was`nt such a bad move for him

13 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

I recall a player who put his all into every challenge at the expense of injury and who played from back, brought ball forward. His main fault was putting himself into every challenge and risking injury (but he won most challenges/timed these well) but imo his work rate for Rovers/passion and contribution was never an issue. Oh how we have short memories / re write history as fans ( UTD signing doesn’t rewrite above) 

but... after risking life and limb for his "beloved" Rovers for less than two years, a)what did he do/say then?

b) what did his actions (alongside his agent) cost his "beloved" Rovers in terms of transfer remuneration?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

but... after risking life and limb for his "beloved" Rovers for less than two years, a)what did he do/say then?

b) what did his actions (alongside his agent) cost his "beloved" Rovers in terms of transfer remuneration?

Do we really need to go over the off record agreements and Speculated back pocket benefits between Big Sam and Alec F again. IMO Jones wasn’t the issue here. This has been debated long and hard in old treads.

Edited by markhayhurst

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A quick look reveals that it is another randomer making up rumours to desperately impress a small twitter following. A couple of weeks ago the names were Manning which turned out to be bollocks due to price and Garbutt who went to Blackpool. One to be ignored.

Replied to wrong post....so deleted

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

23 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

So poor Phil was just....."badly advised"?

There were forces at work far greater than Phil Jones personal aspirations as I’m sure you really know. IMO you can’t blame a player for wanting increased wages/greater cup/European  opportunities but in this case this wasn’t the controlling force in this transfer http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/95828.html

Edited by markhayhurst

8 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

There were forces at work far greater than Phil Jones personal aspirations as I’m sure you really know. IMO you can’t blame a player for wanting increased wages/greater cup/European  opportunities but in this case this wasn’t the controlling force in this transfer http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/95828.html

Errr..... wouldn't his agent have told the Red Scum about the clause.

As I recall Venky's actually did quite well to screw a bit more money out of Man Ure after digging their heels in.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Errr..... wouldn't his agent have told the Red Scum about the clause.

As I recall Venky's actually did quite well to screw a bit more money out of Man Ure after digging their heels in.

I recall a bid 6 months earlier for Jones by Ferguson , which for some reason didn’t happen, then a new contract and the clause added and then 6 months later a sale. You tell me the version of events and who benefited And why . 

11 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I was just thinking exactly the same

I wish Id seen Dobing and Vernon at Ewood, my Dad said they were brilliant footballers

Dobing had the talent but not the heart. I've seen him walk off a muddy Ewood without a mark on his kit while everyone else was covered in it!

He'd be jeered off at halftime as he entered the tunnel. Seen that more than once.

Was mercurially brilliant though.