BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

31 minutes ago, JoeH said:

From the opinions of our Norway contingent, this really isn't a deal that excites me big time. If he's not much better than Bell, at 29, what's the point? Hopefully he's actually an improvement

He looks far better than Bell from these clips for the simple reason he can pick put a player with a cross.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He looks far better than Bell from these clips for the simple reason he can pick put a player with a cross.

Yeah he is better than Bell, looks quick, strong and actually looks before crossing. He has confidence.

Edited by Fraserkirky

Sounds good. I often think fans who’ve watched players play can offer a good perspective, and the initial comments seemed pretty uninspiring, but if our Norway contingent think he’s better than Bell I’ll trust their judgement.

For over a month I have been playing with the idea of Haitam Aleesami for Rovers. The one position where Rovers must bring in a new player. Would have been perfect for both Rovers and Aleesami. Hope there will be some of this.
Quote Tweet

fdHES8bC_normal.jpg

Stian André de Wahl

@StianWahl
· 2h
Blackburn are chasing the signature of Haitam Aleesami. The hill may end up in England:

Soccer ball

Downwards arrow
https: // nettavisen.no/sport/champion ship-klub-vilha-haitam-aleesami / 3424027613.html

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

What, to the 23 year old premier league player who will probably go on to represent the Ivory coast at World Cups and Africa Cup of Nations etc......? Ayala has been nothing but a bog standard middle championship player all his.career.  ??

he may be bog standard, but at least he is playing. 

• Backroom

Norway are a pretty poor international team so I don't think we should get too caught up in that. If he's better than Bell then fine, we're at a point where beggars can't be choosers and it seems like our budget is practically nothing at this point.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I know we’ve had a decent start to the season but at what point did we get so good that we no longer think the current Norwegian LB isn’t good enough to depose Amari’i Bell?

The majority of us including you have never heard of him or seen him, have we? Couple of Scandinavians on here who are definitely worth listening to with mixed reviews.

Havent seen anyone else say he is or isnt good enough, but being a Norway international doesnt automatically make him a good signing. Or indeed a bad one.

• Like 3

Just now, roversfan99 said:

The majority of us including you have never heard of him or seen him, have we? Couple of Scandinavians on here who are definitely worth listening to with mixed reviews.

Havent seen anyone else say he is or isnt good enough, but being a Norway international doesnt automatically make him a good signing. Or indeed a bad one.

He played against Northern Ireland in the last round of international games. He is an attacking full back. Did good from what I can remember of the game?

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He played against Northern Ireland in the last round of international games. He is an attacking full back. Did good from what I can remember of the game?

There’s not a chance you can remember the performance of a left back from an international game between two shit teams you were probably half watching a few weeks ago. Why do you say these things Chaddy ? If we sign him let’s judge him in a Rovers shirt, he can’t be any worse than Bell who actually played well yesterday for once to be fair.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

There’s not a chance you can remember the performance of a left back from an international game between two shit teams you were probably half watching a few weeks ago. Why do you say these things Chaddy ? If we sign him let’s judge him in a Rovers shirt, he can’t be any worse than Bell who actually played well yesterday for once to be fair.

I wouldn't either international team shit at all. Its the first time I've seen Haaland played. Very impress by him. Evans was on the bench and came on. 

You might not want to watch Northern Ireland but some people do. 

I do agree that we should judge him in a Rovers shirt if he signs. 

We done well with Norwegian players over the years. Henning Berg, Martin Andersen, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Josh King. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 4

If I am reading this correctly, this Norwegian has been relegated three times in the last four seasons including one if not two naughty club expulsions.

Palermo (and Catania) are local to Malta so I tended to watch them if they are on. The best I can say is I have absolutely no recollection of this player whatsoever which given he was full back in a poorish team means he didn't drop any spectacular clangers at the back to make me notice him. Defenders in Serie A in recent years tend to be pretty rough house characters so he will be able to look after himself.

Bell has made a more than decent start to this season so if there is genuine competition for left back, it should keep both on their toes.

Anyway, let's see what the next days bring.

Good pedigree/CV. International football/experience should never be sniffed at. All for this. My wish was Cunningham, but there was never a chance of that. Douglas/manning both way too expensive for our current lack of funds. Sign him up, get a midfielder and we’re in good shape. Would love another front man but that’s just being greedy.