BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, philipl said:

If I am reading this correctly, this Norwegian has been relegated three times in the last four seasons including one if not two naughty club expulsions.

Palermo (and Catania) are local to Malta so I tended to watch them if they are on. The best I can say is I have absolutely no recollection of this player whatsoever which given he was full back in a poorish team means he didn't drop any spectacular clangers at the back to make me notice him. Defenders in Serie A in recent years tend to be pretty rough house characters so he will be able to look after himself.

Bell has made a more than decent start to this season so if there is genuine competition for left back, it should keep both on their toes.

Anyway, let's see what the next days bring.

To be fair, Amiens/Palermo were both in complete turmoil when they went down. 

I've suggested his name on a couple of occasions. First when he went to Amiens. 

He is certainly a step up from Bell and should be good Championship level. Don't think you find much better with our restricted finances. He's a well rounded full back and should be a lot better attacking wise than Bell. 

Norwegian International team are very much on the up now with a new generation of top European talent. Alessami is one of the experienced heads. Some very exciting players with Ajer(celtic), Berge(sheff u), elounossi (celtic), Odegaard (real Madrid), Haaland (Dortmund), Sorloth (RB Leipzig) and lastly Hauge Who AC Milan bought after he played them of the park in San Siro. 

Best generation in the history and all in their early 20s. Could be a real force for the next 10 years. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He's got a far better pedigree than Bell .... on paper. 

Not been much of a fan of Bell but he's been doing his bit in a back line thats kept 3 clean sheets so it's his shirt to lose. When / if he does it would be nice to have someone decent step in and keep it if they are better.

I still think no matter how good a new one might be there'd still be a bit of rotation in that position according to opposition. It's TMs default setting.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Butty said:

There’s not a chance you can remember the performance of a left back from an international game between two shit teams you were probably half watching a few weeks ago. Why do you say these things Chaddy ? If we sign him let’s judge him in a Rovers shirt, he can’t be any worse than Bell who actually played well yesterday for once to be fair.

Well I watched it, as that is my country. N Ireland are far from shit; we play decent football like Rovers. Norway looked absolutely brilliant on the day. They have a forward who must be one of the best in the world. I thought the left back looked pretty good that day.

Bell was very good yesterday indeed. His pace is very handy.

• Like 3

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Say we get the Norwegian Fella, I think we need a striker before we need a midfielder. Depends where Dack is playing a bit, but Chapman and Gallagher where the two attacking options yesterday.....

They were two substitutes options after Armstrong and Brereton. I don’t think we can justify another striker unless one of them goes.

8 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

The worst highlights reel ever committed to Youtube?

You're right. I didn't watch it all, I kept skipping forward a bit because nothing was happening. And each time, still nothing was happening. I learnt nothing until the last time I skipped, where it shows him scoring a rocket with his right from the edge of the area. That's a good sign at least, he's not one-footed. He couldn't fluke hitting it that well if he had a really bad right foot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Butty said:

Hahaha I always back the home nations, I apologise for my English arrogance there. Norway have got Haaland and Sorloth banging them in and your boys are usually hard to beat no matter the opposition, I think I just got a bit carried away saying they’re both shit. Don’t hold it against me ;) 

I don't Amigo. ?

Am afraid we are anchored with Gallagher...Mowbray dropped it and now we are buggered each time he plays ...

Even when he’s on the subs bench and it’s coming up to the 60th minute you know he’s coming on like a dark cloud ....

Decisions that come back to bite you in the ass ... what ever made him buy the guy ...

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

You're right. I didn't watch it all, I kept skipping forward a bit because nothing was happening. And each time, still nothing was happening. I learnt nothing until the last time I skipped, where it shows him scoring a rocket with his right from the edge of the area. That's a good sign at least, he's not one-footed. He couldn't fluke hitting it that well if he had a really bad right foot.

Ha ha!

This one is better.

Handy they have circled him in the first Clip! Lol!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He looks far better than Bell from these clips for the simple reason he can pick put a player with a cross.

Much better clip, got more of a sense of him now. Undoubtedly looks a lot better attacking than Bell. It's a highlights reel of course so can't judge that too much, but I think if you put it against a Bell highlights reel I'd be saying the same. He looks a lot more aggressive and, critically, decisive than Bell in attack. Seems to really enjoy bursting forwards, sometimes to the point of recklessness. That generally gives me kittens as I like defenders to defend first and foremost, even the full backs or wing backs, but it may suit our new style well and help against those shore-up sides like Cardiff.

Defensively it's harder to judge. Certainly seems stronger (or again, maybe just more aggressive). No defending on the clip that made me think wow, but I don't need defending to be eye catching, I need it to be solid, consistent and free from mistakes as often as possible. These clip reels can't tell you that, they can only tell you the best he is capable of. Shorter and probably less aerial presence. The reel included a couple of clear fouls he was presumably lucky to get away with.

He seems as quick as Bell, though that may have diminished with age as I've no idea how old the clips are, but hits top speed quicker and can turn more nimbly.

If I was to base it entirely off that clip, I wouldn't be too unhappy with signing him, although I'm not salivating based on comments from our Norweigans.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bluebruce said:

If you don't think he would improve the team, are you saying you disagree he is better than Bell?

It's a coin toss. Bell has more raw ability but gets let down by his lack of confidence and decision making. Aleesam is diciplined but doesn't offer much going forward despite having a decent cross when someone sets him up. They remind me of each other in that they both stand off too much and are often times 'too nice' to their opponents. Not particularly quick, nor quick on the turn, and along with Bell not decisive enough for me going forward. He would offer depth, but I'm not sure he'd displace Bell at this given time. 

18 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

We play 1 up front and have AA, BB and SG. Mowbray's bought enough strikers. 

Aye, though you'd sorta have to say we play with 3 up front now. Not true strikers though. I think we are fine there for now though.

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

It's a coin toss. Bell has more raw ability but gets let down by his lack of confidence and decision making. Aleesam is diciplined but doesn't offer much going forward despite having a decent cross when someone sets him up. They remind me of each other in that they both stand off too much and are often times 'too nice' to their opponents. Not particularly quick, nor quick on the turn, and along with Bell not decisive enough for me going forward. He would offer depth, but I'm not sure he'd displace Bell at this given time. 

That would be worry, raw ability and Amarii Bell arent things I would put in the same sentence!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

Interesting, that wasn't the impression I got from the clips at all. Aleesami looked a lot more confident and decisive, a little rough, and maybe lacking discipline. Also seemed to turn reasonably quickly.

Just goes to show what a well composed highlight reel can do to impressions of a player!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

That would be worry, raw ability and Amarii Bell arent things I would put in the same sentence!

I guess. He's our most frustrating player in my view because I always feel as if he plays at 75% of his ability. A little more intensity and concentration and there's a player in there somewhere.

12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Interesting, that wasn't the impression I got from the clips at all. Aleesami looked a lot more confident and decisive, a little rough, and maybe lacking discipline. Also seemed to turn reasonably quickly.

Just goes to show what a well composed highlight reel can do to impressions of a player!

It's a game of opinions too, but everybody can be a judge if and when he signs. 

• Like 1

Got to say, Crooke's report on the new guy came across pretty amateurish... he either read about it on here, which is fairly likely and not a problem as such (hi Jacob) or he used the same google translate that the lad who posted the translation in here used. He really should have made some obvious alterations though...but it was funny to read in an 'official' publication Aleesami twice talking about 'driving medically' instead of 'driving for a medical'. Don't think you're supposed to drive when medicated!

Not to mention the 'the end of the transition window', which makes it sound like he's nearly done with his gender reassignment surgery.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

It's a game of opinions too, but everybody can be a judge if and when he signs. 

Of course, you'll have seen a lot more so I'll defer to your judgement rather than a highlight clip. But you're right, we'll all know once he's been wearing that shirt a while, if that happens. It sounds like the sort of deal that would be on the cards though, and I expect as a free transfer it doesn't matter that it's European so doesn't have to be done tomorrow? I think Sharpe has previously said as much not that long ago.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Got to say, Crooke's report on the new guy came across pretty amateurish... he either read about it on here, which is fairly likely and not a problem as such (hi Jacob) or he used the same google translate that the lad who posted the translation in here used. He really should have made some obvious alterations though...but it was funny to read in an 'official' publication Aleesami twice talking about 'driving medically' instead of 'driving for a medical'. Don't think you're supposed to drive when medicated!

Not to mention the 'the end of the transition window', which makes it sound like he's nearly done with his gender reassignment surgery.

His stories very much are re hashed stories from other sources, whilst his responses to the bloody thirsty transfer mob on twitter asking about rumours every day cause a bit more problems, he usually tries to get a best picture from whats in public domain and be as a cryptic and non committal as possible to make it look like he knows what he is on about.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

His stories very much are re hashed stories from other sources, whilst his responses to the bloody thirsty transfer mob on twitter asking about rumours every day cause a bit more problems, he usually tries to get a best picture from whats in public domain and be as a cryptic and non committal as possible to make it look like he knows what he is on about.

Yeh hasn't gone unnoticed by me. I don't think Sharpe is much better though, the club don't let much leak these days, and when it does happen you usually see it tighten up further for a while after (after the Kipre fail it has gone very quiet in terms of seemingly reputable rumours)

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

Yeh hasn't gone unnoticed. I don't think Sharpe is much better though, the club don't let much leak these days, and when it does happen you usually see it tighten up further for a while after (after the Kipre fail it has gone very quiet in terms of seemingly reputable rumours)

No, if a transfer story breaks he is rarely at the start of it, but unlike Crooke he seems to have a direct line to be able to deny targets that can be dismissed rather than cryptically speculate, and is less cryptic in his answers to queries.

Off on a tangent slightly but I dont get why people set up accounts to put up false rumours. Being a genuine journalist would be a nightmare with all of the people on there harassing for rumours, updates, "announce" requests etc. Must be an ego thing because its chaos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

I guess. He's our most frustrating player in my view because I always feel as if he plays at 75% of his ability. A little more intensity and concentration and there's a player in there somewhere.

Good coming forward, runs with the ball at pace. I think his crossing has improved in the few game of this season. He's young, should be the back-up while we "bring him on".

If he doesn't develop enough, well he didn't cost much in the first place.

Edited by 47er