BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

36 minutes ago, rickard said:

From what I understand, his son is quite good as well. Maybe one of our Norwegian friends can provide more information. ?

I think he is a good player! There has been a lot of interest lately, but the offers have not been good enough. Been linked to french clubs and N.Forest I think. Looks like he is staying in Stabæk for the rest of this season, probably going to be sold in january.

The other guy I mentioned earlier in the summer, Andreas Hanche-Olsen (also from Stabæk) he is going to Belgium and Gent.

Edited by Swanson
  • Like 3

Just been reading a bit about the way the European and domestic transfer windows work, and had a think about it, and think it's a right load of shite.

So Prem clubs will try to do their business in Europe and within the Prem, and if they don't do it today they will have literally only one avenue of recruitment - the leagues below them - to fill the remaining gaps. They can't even trade with other Prem clubs for some pointless fucking reason. This makes it a certainty that some Champs clubs (hopefully not us) will lose some star players and no longer be able to use Europe to replace them, which is the best value market. To ensure good quality replacements, they will either:

1) Nick them from other Championship clubs (which I think is still allowed?) or League One clubs at high prices, who will then have the same problem, or

2) Be over a barrel with Prem clubs regarding paying ridiculous wages and loan fees for the talent they incessantly use their muscle to hoover up.

It's a fucking racket.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Off on a tangent slightly but I dont get why people set up accounts to put up false rumours. Being a genuine journalist would be a nightmare with all of the people on there harassing for rumours, updates, "announce" requests etc. Must be an ego thing because its chaos.

And following that tangent a bit further, I couldn't help but wonder how Alf Thornton and - memory's a bit hazy here - William Westall [?] at the Blackburn Times would have coped with all the latter-day inventions like transfermarkt!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I don't know for absolute certain, but....I have spoken to Andy a few times and I know he is a decent bloke.

I would be totally flabbergasted to hear that he ever drank from the same jar as Agnew-even with a long spoon!

Looks like he did Len, PAPR is (was?) Agnew's PR business.

22 minutes ago, Swanson said:

I think he is a good player! There has been a lot of interest lately, but the offers have not been good enough. Been linked to french clubs and N.Forest I think. Looks like he is staying in Stabæk for the rest of this season, probably going to be sold in january.

The other guy I mentioned earlier in the summer, Andreas Hanche-Olsen (also from Stabæk) he is going to Belgium and Gent.

Aye Lars' lad looks a handy player from that. Some great passing, fierce tackles at times...what I like the most there is how quickly he seems to make his mind up what he's going to do with the ball once he receives it. Doesn't come across like someone who dawdles on the ball while they weigh things up. Which is good because he would probably have less time in England. Only 21. No Norway caps yet though, except at U21 and below.

6 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Grosicki joining Olympiacos and then immediately joining Forest on loan.

This is a loophole that surely needs to be closed off? No FFP problems for Forest, the transfer fee goes against Olympiacos and then presumably a free loan with wages split across the 2 clubs

Doesn't look like that's happening:

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2020/10/05/report-nottingham-forest-wont-sign-west-brom-flyer-kamil-grosicki/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Aye Lars' lad looks a handy player from that. Some great passing, fierce tackles at times...what I like the most there is how quickly he seems to make his mind up what he's going to do with the ball once he receives it. Doesn't come across like someone who dawdles on the ball while they weigh things up. Which is good because he would probably have less time in England. Only 21. No Norway caps yet though, except at U21 and below.

He is probably a more defensive minded player than his father was. There is tough competiton in central midfield for our national team, but might see him there in the future.

Think he is better on set pieces than Lars as well :

But well out of our reach financially I guess.

• Like 1

Spurs signing Rodon a young CB from Swansea may see them reignite their interest in Williams. I’ve always thought Williams was a decent Championship cb. Wonder how many of our fans would still ‘personally drive him’ to Swansea for £1m now???

Id want at least £3m btw if they have £18m burning a hole in their back pocket.

Edited by Paul Mani

12 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Spurs signing Rodon a young CB may reignite their interest in Williams. I’ve always thought Williams was a decent Championship. Wonder how many fans would ‘drive him’ to Swansea for £1m now???

If we could get £1 Million for Williams then I would be ecstatic. 

11 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Tosin is going to Fulham it seems.

He'll fit in to their backline seamlessly as they are very poor defensively. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Just been reading a bit about the way the European and domestic transfer windows work, and had a think about it, and think it's a right load of shite.

So Prem clubs will try to do their business in Europe and within the Prem, and if they don't do it today they will have literally only one avenue of recruitment - the leagues below them - to fill the remaining gaps. They can't even trade with other Prem clubs for some pointless fucking reason. This makes it a certainty that some Champs clubs (hopefully not us) will lose some star players and no longer be able to use Europe to replace them, which is the best value market. To ensure good quality replacements, they will either:

1) Nick them from other Championship clubs (which I think is still allowed?) or League One clubs at high prices, who will then have the same problem, or

2) Be over a barrel with Prem clubs regarding paying ridiculous wages and loan fees for the talent they incessantly use their muscle to hoover up.

It's a fucking racket.

Spot on,

I made a post on here about this con trick about a week ago.

The extra 2 weeks is there just to aid PL clubs, mainly the Big 6, who having finalised their squads for European competition can now get rid of surplus by sale or loans to panicking EFL clubs plus cherry pick EFL players leaving the EFL club up shit creek. PL clubs in the current bottom PL positions will already have targets,

English football is a rats nest run by Twats.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think I posted some two months ago that I understood he was available to us for £5million plus a 25% sell on.  Seems about right as City seemingly will have extracted more from a desperate Fulham.

IMO, not a good move for the lad as needed to move to a PL club where he had half a chance to settle and develop.  Think he'll get ripped in a struggling PL side.  Anyhow wish him all the best and we'll probably see him next season at Ewood in a Fulham shirt.

Really surprised that leeds didn’t sign him, would of been a perfect replacement for Ben white. Think they really dropped the ball on that one.

• Like 1