BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

5 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Sharpe: Things might be about to get interesting... #Rovers working on a deal for 21-year-old goalkeeper Antonis Stergiakis from Bulgarian side Slavia Sofia.

Edit: bloody hell Chaddy, it said Sharpe’s tweet was only 30 seconds young haha.

Craigman wins. Chaddy a poor second there

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Craigman said:

BREAKING: Slavia Sofia have reportedly sold their talented Greek goalkeeper Antonis Stergiakis to Blackburn #Rovers! Stergiakis will fly to the UK tomorrow to have a medical and sign his contract Here's the original story in Bulgarian: dsport.bg/stergiakis-ot-…

EjmCjU3WAAU63YP?format=jpg&name=small

why do we need another goalkeeper,does tony think kaminski needs to learn how to play the position

37 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

And be paying them a hell of a lot more in wages every week in fairness...

True, but if you want a couple of players like that you need a bit more quality and slightly less quantity within the squad. It doesn't exactly help when you're paying Mulgrew £1m p.a to do nothing.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

15 minutes ago, Craigman said:

BREAKING: Slavia Sofia have reportedly sold their talented Greek goalkeeper Antonis Stergiakis to Blackburn #Rovers! Stergiakis will fly to the UK tomorrow to have a medical and sign his contract Here's the original story in Bulgarian: dsport.bg/stergiakis-ot-…

Clearly fell into our lap...

• Like 1

We have a centre back at the club, under contract and on very good money but not training with the 1st team.  If we cant transfer him, at least give him the chance to get into contention.  Don't know what went on but the current situation makes both Mowbray look like he doesn't know how to manage someone who argues with him and Mulgrew like a petulant kid.  The club cant afford either.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

A player who has his head turned and is made to stay at the club is not one I want to rely on anyway. Would rather get rid when possible and replace with somebody that wants to be here and play for the shirt. 

My point still stands, if the window has just closed, said player knows he has to get his head down and knuckle down until the next window. Under the old system any reported interest from elsewhere was far more unsettling for a player.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

My point still stands, if the window has just closed, said player knows he has to get his head down and knuckle down until the next window. Under the old system any reported interest from elsewhere was far more unsettling for a player.

Nope said player sulks and doesn’t hit standards previously is my thoughts. See eduoard at Celtic for a recent example 

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

we must have 4 goalkeepers on the books,5 with this greek one,ffs tony is collecting them like meerkat toys

Young goalkeepers not first team goalkeepers,Mowbray didn't bring any of the others in.We need better than what we have it Kaminski is out for any reason

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

That's ignoring the estimated £70,000 a week shaved off the wage bill since last season. So extensions/wage increases should be coming out of that pot.

As I say, doubt this 'pot' will be used for either new contracts or permanent additions.

End of the day it doesn't matter. What actually matters is the fact that half our burgeoning young squad will be able to walk away for nowt in the summer. Unless we act quickly and decisively we are going to lose millions in assets and face a mammoth recruitment job next summer.

Not interested in excuses. I just want it sorting and quick.

I doubt we'll have to worry too much about contract extensions. Unless we go up I'd be amazed if Nyambe is here next season and if Dack comes back OK from injury, fairly surprised if he's still here as well.

Who's the other major one out of contract, JRC?

26 minutes ago, Craigman said:

Not to contradict, but, is it even possible for this to be true if taken literally? Surely he has to sign his contract before tonight's deadline? I know there are some rules about if you've got the bulk of the deal done and paperwork submitted you can finalise a bit later, but I didn't think that applied to the player signing the contract too (I guess in a way he could only sign once clubs are signed off with each other though).

I know this thread as moved on at pace, but just wanted to go back the left back Haitam Aleesami. A couple of Norwegians have said that he wouldn't be a good signing, but surely would be a marked upgrade on Bell? Full international has played the top division in France and Italy, full international with 30 caps. Bell looked out of place in league 1 at times. 

Plus it is a free xfer and turned 29 couple months ago so should be in the peak of his career?

• Like 2