BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Young goalkeepers not first team goalkeepers,Mowbray didn't bring any of the others in.We need better than what we have it Kaminski is out for any reason

Is a 21 year old goalie from the Bulgarian league good enough to not just be another young goalkeeper rather than a first team goalkeeper though? Genuine question as I've no idea how good he is or isn't. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Not to contradict, but, is it even possible for this to be true if taken literally? Surely he has to sign his contract before tonight's deadline? I know there are some rules about if you've got the bulk of the deal done and paperwork submitted you can finalise a bit later, but I didn't think that applied to the player signing the contract too (I guess in a way he could only sign once clubs are signed off with each other though).

You don’t need to sign anything before tonight as long as the ‘deal sheet’ stating payment terms, amounts etc between the two clubs is submitted before 11pm.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Is a 21 year old goalie from the Bulgarian league good enough to not just be another young goalkeeper rather than a first team goalkeeper though? Genuine question as I've no idea how good he is or isn't. 

Sounds like it's a little more than that, a seemingly well thought of prospect who's got 68 senior apps under his belt aged 21. For instance, Jordan Eastham (who was easily our best keeper before Kaminski arrived) has 0. Definitely an upgrade. The question is how much does Stergiakis cost? If it's a proper figure then I would question priorities more than anything else

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

According to sources in the country, yes. He's due for a medical tomorrow. There's bound to be a reason why this one won't count as a European scouting related deal if and when it gets announced by the club!

How about the fact that the window closes in 15 mins?

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I doubt we'll have to worry too much about contract extensions. Unless we go up I'd be amazed if Nyambe is here next season and if Dack comes back OK from injury, fairly surprised if he's still here as well.

Who's the other major one out of contract, JRC?

About half the team are due to be out of contract. Dack (will activate the 1 year extension on his though), Holtby, Rothwell, Mulgrew, Williams, Evans, Johnson, Bennett, JRC, Chapman, Nyambe. And Fisher, who we are buying another keeper just so he can go on loan.

Obviously there are mixed opinions on several of those players, but however you slice it that would be a HUGE rebuilding job to replace most of those all at once. And we already still have gaps. And we know how well we do with large scale transfer business...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Id never heard of him up until an hour ago so have no idea if he is any good but our other goalkeepers ain't ready and if we are  bringing this fella the management team must feel he is better than what we have . 

2 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

You don’t need to sign anything before tonight as long as the ‘deal sheet’ stating payment terms, amounts etc between the two clubs is submitted before 11pm.

I thought that exemption only applied when everything had been sorted in principle apart from one or two technicalities. I didn't think it allowed you for example to carry out a medical the next day. 

What if he fails it?

We'll see I suppose.

Why is there this running joke that it wont count as a European signing? It was one solitary comment from someone who comes on here purely to provoke. (Mercer) Holtby was before the scouting network was established wasnt it? This will be a second one and im sure we will sign before. As it stands, it is only 1 as of yet, 2 if you count Holtby.

Of course we have no idea if the signings are successful yet.

As for the player, like everyone else I know zilch about him. Hope the fee is low in terms of ensuring that we have the resources to get a left back to start, not compete, but it will tick a box that we needed as a sub keeper for sure. May not play all season but we know that Fisher isnt up to being a deputy so makes sense and it would be the goalkeeping situation sorted.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why does Sharpe say it has to be done by 11 then?

?

The deal sheet does, which it has been. Have you never witnessed a transfer deadline day? Personal terms and transfer fee are all signed, it's just a medical tomorrow which they'll get an extension for as per most windows.

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Sounds like it's a little more than that, a seemingly well thought of prospect who's got 68 senior apps under his belt aged 21. For instance, Jordan Eastham (who was easily our best keeper before Kaminski arrived) has 0. Definitely an upgrade. The question is how much does Stergiakis cost? If it's a proper figure then I would question priorities more than anything else

Aye but still just a prospect. Whilst 68 apps for a keeper at 21, even in that league, is admirable, and he is probably a much better prospect than our others, I was kinda expecting someone with more experience, or at a higher/more comparable level but still young and able to improve. Someone in maybe the 23-26 category. This player seems (from the CV alone of course) like the sort that, if we already had him, we'd be looking to buy someone else with more experience so we can loan him out, like we have with Fisher. Fisher doesn't seem trusted at all to be the backup though, and rightly from what I've seen...he was crap in pre-season when given his big chance to impress, and I expect he will be gone next year when his contract expires.

As has been said, I'm sure he's been well scouted and hopefully can be comfortably relied on for 3-4 months if Kaminski was to get a horror injury.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Aye but still just a prospect. Whilst 68 apps for a keeper at 21, even in that league, is admirable, and he is probably a much better prospect than our others, I was kinda expecting someone with more experience, or at a higher/more comparable level but still young and able to improve. Someone in maybe the 23-26 category. This player seems (from the CV alone of course) like the sort that, if we already had him, we'd be looking to buy someone else with more experience so we can loan him out, like we have with Fisher. Fisher doesn't seem trusted at all to be the backup though, and rightly from what I've seen...he was crap in pre-season when given his big chance to impress, and I expect he will be gone next year when his contract expires.

As has been said, I'm sure he's been well scouted and hopefully can be comfortably relied on for 3-4 months if Kaminski was to get a horror injury.

Definitely. The biggest factor for me is the price. £200k and I don't think anyone's batting an eye lid, but silly money on a promising back up keeper from an unproven league would be frustrating

Will be a much needed signing.

Let's be honest, IMO, it's not a case of Fisher 'not being ready', it's a case of Fisher not being good enough.  He's 22 now and struggled to get game time when even out on loan in the lower football leagues.

The Greek lad seems to have a proven ability as 60+ games at the age of 21 testifies.  Video clips can be misleading but he certainly has a presence and agility.  Think there is far more potential in this lad than say Pears at M'boro. 

• Like 8