BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

The question definitely remains of why would this kid turn down Olympiakos due to wanting first team football, only to go on to sit on our bench?

He turned down Olympiakos at 16 years old

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-antonis-stergiakis-transfer-19055878.amp?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sorry to labour the point but the explanation of the extension above accorded with my understanding in that it only gave the Clubs an extra couple of hours to dot the administrative i's and cross the t's.

Not to perform a medical the day after the window closed!

We'll see I guess. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I don’t believe Bulgaria is on the quarantine list, so he should be all good.

Bulgaria it is on the quarantine list and have been since the day the list was announced.

As a Bulgarian(who does not follow the Bulgarian league AT ALL) I must say that the goalie is highly rated here. However, even though he is Greece’s U21 national keeper, they do not seem to rate him very highly over there. 
It could be because their U21’s team is shit and they just got trashed 5-0 by Croatia or because he refused to sign for Olympiacos because he wanted them to guarantee him a starting place in their team. Idk

Either way.. from all the Bulgarians in Slavia Sofia, Blackburn Rovers are about to sign the only foreign one. Typical..

All the best to the lad thou

When he was 19 years old Slavia wanted €800K for him and the media in Bulgaria said that an agreement was reached with Olympiacos for the amount of €700K.

However, I really doubt that he would cost more than £300K in today’s market

Edited by skous18
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sorry to labour the point but the explanation of the extension above accorded with my understanding in that it only gave the Clubs an extra couple of hours to dot the administrative i's and cross the t's.

We'll see I guess. 

I agree Rev

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ah thanks Chaddy, that makes considerably more sense now. Stayed somewhere he could break into the first team in the next few years, good call.

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We'll see I guess. 

Yeah that “signed, pending a medical” thing is bs I think, I’ve never heard of it before.

1 minute ago, TruRover said:

Btw I’ve been told by Fulham mates that they’ve signed tosin for 1.5 million woth add one potentially taking it to 6-8. Could be one if the bargains of the window for them

That sounds unlikely though? 1.5 mill up front maybe, with several million more guaranteed in instalments and then another 2 or so in 'maybes' if certain targets are hit. I find it highly improbable he is only guaranteed to cost 1.5 million.

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I see forest pulled off a deal for a player from olympiakos, I call foul play. But the fa only seem to punish certain clubs, us, sheff we’d and Wigan must not have the appeal of forest, derby or villa 

Haven't Forest been embargoed before, about the same time we were? Wigan were docked for administration, which has been around for many years and always gets punished. Didn't Birmingham get some sort of punishment, or it's pending? They've definitely been tighter on it the last year or two. Ironic since covid will probably force them to back off on it again.

Edit - a quick Google tells me Birmingham were embargoed a couple of years ago, but I was thinking of more recently they've been in some bother. Reading got a soft embargo last year. Notts Forest HAVE been embargoed before. So have Derby, Fulham, Bolton...I can't be bothered to google any more. I reckon the main factor is how good your lawyers are, how clever you were with your loopholes, and just a bit of getting lucky at the right time.

Edited by bluebruce

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Yeah that “signed, pending a medical” thing is bs I think, I’ve never heard of it before.

The overwhelming majority of deals are done that exact way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Haven't Forest been embargoed before, about the same time we were? Wigan were docked for administration, which has been around for many years and always gets punished. Didn't Birmingham get some sort of punishment, or it's pending? They've definitely been tighter on it the last year or two. Ironic since covid will probably force them to back off on it again.

I don’t remember they were or maybe they weren’t in it as long as we were, don’t remember them having a fire sale like us, they have spent a few Bob over the years too. Dual ownership and deals between those teams stinks to me, that’s proper championship manager stuff, swapping finances etc 

• Backroom
31 minutes ago, skous18 said:

Bulgaria it is on the quarantine list and have been since the day the list was announced.

As a Bulgarian(who does not follow the Bulgarian league AT ALL) I must say that the goalie is highly rated here. However, even though he is Greece’s U21 national keeper, they do not seem to rate him very highly over there. 
It could be because their U21’s team is shit and they just got trashed 5-0 by Croatia or because he refused to sign for Olympiacos because he wanted them to guarantee him a starting place in their team. Idk

Either way.. from all the Bulgarians in Slavia Sofia, Blackburn Rovers are about to sign the only foreign one. Typical..

All the best to the lad thou

When he was 19 years old Slavia wanted €800K for him and the media in Bulgaria said that an agreement was reached with Olympiacos for the amount of €700K.

However, I really doubt that he would cost more than £300K in today’s market

Only Olympiakos connection I can find is him turning them down at 16yo to join Slavia Sofia?

18 minutes ago, Mike E said:

The overwhelming majority of deals are done that exact way.

I'd have thought the actual medical would have to have been done before the deadline though and the deal be merely subject to the results coming through but hey ho, like I say, happy to be wrong.

11 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Only Olympiakos connection I can find is him turning them down at 16yo to join Slavia Sofia?

It was all over the Internet two years ago in Bulgaria

https://newsbeezer.com/bulgariaeng/sound-slap-for-slavia-the-transfer-from-stergiakis-to-olympiakos-has-failed/

p.s. plenty of sites/informations in Bulgarian confirming the information too

285B00C1-E22F-4F1D-848C-3B41BD6F7478.png

Edited by skous18
  • Like 3

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, skous18 said:

It was all over the Internet two years ago in Bulgaria

https://newsbeezer.com/bulgariaeng/sound-slap-for-slavia-the-transfer-from-stergiakis-to-olympiakos-has-failed/

p.s. plenty of sites/informations in Bulgarian confirming the information too

285B00C1-E22F-4F1D-848C-3B41BD6F7478.png

Ahhh thank you. Can't find much here ?

• Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18772273.rovers-face-race-time-land-greece-u21-international/

LT caught up about half an hour ago (in terms of an article rather than tweets). In there it says he was in the last year of his deal, which, with covid too, probably explains why he won't have cost anything like the 700k he reportedly was going to last year. Says we will only find out if everything went through on time in the morning, which seems odd.

Slightly worried that it says he has just 5 caps for Greece u21s. With how good he looked on that clip I'd have expected more. Wonder what the limits to his game are...he has Raya's reflexes, does he have his eccentricity?

22 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18772273.rovers-face-race-time-land-greece-u21-international/

LT caught up about half an hour ago (in terms of an article rather than tweets). In there it says he was in the last year of his deal, which, with covid too, probably explains why he won't have cost anything like the 700k he reportedly was going to last year. Says we will only find out if everything went through on time in the morning, which seems odd.

Slightly worried that it says he has just 5 caps for Greece u21s. With how good he looked on that clip I'd have expected more. Wonder what the limits to his game are...he has Raya's reflexes, does he have his eccentricity?

Please. Do not question The Cat. 

40 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

So the Greek is not Ex-Zorba-tant.

• Like 5