BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

23 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Whats taking this keeper so long to be announced?

Or do we reckon theyre going to try and announce a double signing?!

You have to remember that this is Rovers we're talking about where transfers always take an age to be announced. Medical's seemingly take nearly a week with us.

51 minutes ago, Gumbi said:

You have to remember that this is Rovers we're talking about where transfers always take an age to be announced. Medical's seemingly take nearly a week with us.

Pens probably run out of ink. They are awaiting permission from India to go to poundland for another pack. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2016/oct/05/next-generation-2016-60-of-the-best-young-talents-in-world-football

From 2016 - 60 best young footballers in the world - including a young Greek keeper. 

They also gave the following update:

October 2020 update Still at Slavia but played only six league games during 2019-20 so his progress seems to have stalled.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Whats taking this keeper so long to be announced?

Or do we reckon theyre going to try and announce a double signing?!

He only flew in for his medical today. depending on when he landed he might only just be getting his legs moving on a running machine.

Transfer fee agreed
Personal terms agreed
President of Sofia says it’s done
Deal sheet submitted before deadline

It’ll be fine 

27 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Mols has gone out on loan to a team in the Spanish 3rd tier

Wouldn’t have batted an eyelid if this was permanent but I can understand it. At his age I feel like it’s now or never for him to really kick on. See how he goes but the team he’s gone to have a decent financial backing, so might take him permanently for a respectable fee if he’s alright.

56 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Mols has gone out on loan to a team in the Spanish 3rd tier

No surprise to me.

Like water, young players eventually find their level.  The lad's almost 22 years old and the writing is on the wall for him.

Seen him a number of times and never thought he was one for the future. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JoeH said:

He only flew in for his medical today. depending on when he landed he might only just be getting his legs moving on a running machine.

Transfer fee agreed
Personal terms agreed
President of Sofia says it’s done
Deal sheet submitted before deadline

It’ll be fine 

the legendary ben benson giving him the medical,he`s also an unqualified doctor as well as an unqualified coach

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Sam Gallagher was rumoured to be on 35-40k at Southampton before joining us.

Yet here he is seemingly on considerably less. Strange one that!

If we hadn't (probably) wasted 12m on BB and Gallagher, no matter how hard the Club PR man Paul Mani tries to defend it, if we'd got in first at a much earlier stage with concrete bids for those players who knows what would have been the outcome. Even if we hadn't managed to land either or both of those two the point remains that there must have been a lot better for 12m out there than what we ended up with.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Mercer said:

No surprise to me.

Like water, young players eventually find their level.  The lad's almost 22 years old and the writing is on the wall for him.

Seen him a number of times and never thought he was one for the future. 

I agree there with Mercer. Mols isn't good enough and he needed to move on from here

• Like 1

7 hours ago, philipl said:

I am 100% serious.

We are desperately close to the edge- in fact probably over it now- on FFP.

It is a day to day hand to mouth issue.

And it might force the sale of Williams if an offer comes in. 

His point was, would you rather lose Dack, Nyambe and JRC for nothing or risk suffering a nine point penalty next season?

Not much in that is there, in fact I'd rather get them signed up and preferably available to play but failing that sell them for appropriate fees which would remove the threat of FFP anyway.

8 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t think so mate. Tbf we’ve set our stall out now and they haven’t sold anyone from under Mowbray yet. My guess is that we’ll only sell for BIG money and if we have replacements lined up.

Watkins form in the PL won’t be going unnoticed for admirers of Arma. Young, English and prolific at Championship level...but I’d want the same as Brentford got for Watkins and then at least £15m to reinvest.

1st paragraph, what you mean like Raya?

2nd paragraph, game of opinions, Armstrong isn't anywhere near as good as Watkins imo but even if we did manage to sell him for 28m why would you be happy with only spending slightly over half that on reinforcements?

Dack is the one who if fully fit I'd be looking for a Watkins size fee for. That is I would have been if had we not cocked up his contract situation and had it not been likely that we will either be forced to sell him for a cut price next summer, or watch him walking for free the one after that.