BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Well after this keeper, a LB and CB and ill be happy enough. Would like another CM and CF too but ya know.

If we get a decent LB, and there are no major sales,  hindsight might prove differently, but I'd say on the face it would have been a better window than any since we've been promoted. 

Especially given the general climate.

If we don't get a LB then I'd say it was slightly disappointing as we only had three priority positions to fill (keeper CB and LB) and I'd rather that had have been done than acquire a second choice keeper who won't really affect our season either way.

Now then, who's decent, domestic, and available at LB? I wouldn't be looking at Cunningham personally.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

2nd paragraph, game of opinions, Armstrong isn't anywhere near as good as Watkins imo but even if we did manage to sell him for 28m why would you be happy with only spending slightly over half that on reinforcements?

Watkins has shown he can perform when he plays with better players, what makes you think Armstrong can’t do the same?

Both are fast, both are instinctive, both can score goals in and out of the box. 

watching Watkins goals v Liverpool I am positive Armstrong choke£ have applied the same finishes!

9 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Add Aleesami (the Norway left-back) and a Premier League loan player to boost our numbers and for me it's our best window in a long time. 

The majority of recent windows have included big blunders so I suppose the benchmark is low, but that is a big statement.

Kaminski is still an unknown, very early days, hes not had loads to do but in the main has looked good so far. Ayala a big coup, the kid as back up goalkeeper we are totally in the dark about, and again we dont know much about that Aleesami or indeed an unknown loan. Especially on the back of some unknowns from Europe, it is impossible to judge at this stage.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1