BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Do you work for the government in their Coronavirus reporting team because they are some very selective stats.

Mowbray has taken 700 games to reach those wins - including at Celtic where it’s the easiest job in the world (yet he failed) and L1 with the biggest budget.

Let’s compare their records in this division.

Hughton. 108 wins out of 206 games. 52% Overall 1.86 PPG.

Mowbray. 131 wins out of 328 games. 40%. Overall 1.46 PPG.

These two big wins are going to buy Mowbray a heck of a lot of time.

You’ve misunderstood. My point was that stats are irrelevant when comparing managers. That’s been explained.

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not sure about the Norwegian LB but Whiteman and any good LB would be a very good window indeed.

If that was followed up by the news that Stoke had come back in and were waving cash at us for Evans then it would almost be a case of "If Carlsberg did transfer windows......."

Bit to go before we get to that point though.

Don't know that much about Whiteman, but do know Evans is an international, been involved in past premier league promotion, and was a big part of our 6 wins out of 7 last year.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

If anything he’s too good to them...why’s Mulgrew not literally rotting right now after that outburst? 

That's my impression as well, that he's not ruthless enough where they're concerned. I was merely responding to the suggestion that Whiteman and the manager didn't hit it off at interview. Maybe he got the "you'll only be coming in as a squad member" spiel.

Mulgrew HAS been rotting since August 2019 hasn't he? 

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

The king is dead  . Long live the king.

Does Whiteman play with Travis if they’re both fit, or is he too defensive to play the both of them?

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Does Whiteman play with Travis if they’re both fit, or is he too defensive to play the both of them?

They should both be playing. The thought of Travis, Dack, Holtby, Whiteman, Rothwell and Johnson as our options in midfield has me salivating. Throw Buckley in the mix too - excellent. (Evans can go)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ruaney said:

They should both be playing. The thought of Travis, Dack, Holtby, Whiteman, Rothwell and Johnson as our options in midfield has me salivating. Throw Buckley in the mix too - excellent. (Evans can go)

Where do you fit Holtby, Dack, Travis and Whiteman into a midfield three without feeling like your not utilising one of them? Not forgetting Bradley Johnson’s great start to the season too.

I like Whiteman and he’d be a good investment especially with Trav injured, just don’t know how we’ll line up

I know nothing about Whiteman but who’s place does he take in the midfield? I don’t think we’ve looked weak in the Centre of the park although Johnson is getting older I guess. I’m still not convinced that CM is a problem area unless we are losing someone. 

11 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Don't know that much about Whiteman, but do know Evans is an international, been involved in past premier league promotion, and was a big part of our 6 wins out of 7 last year.

Time to move on from Evans IMO. You could count on one hand the number of good games he has a season and it feels like he’s only fit for max 50% of our games. I’d sell him tomorrow if we signed Whiteman. 

• Like 8

I still cling onto Stoke coming in for Evans before the deadline.

Davenport could do with a loan spell somewhere to play some games, I don't think he has started for us yet in over two years has he?

That could potentially leave us with midfield options of - Holtby, Rothwell, Johnson, Buckley, Travis & Whiteman for 3 spots.

• Like 2

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

I still cling onto Stoke coming in for Evans before the deadline.

Davenport could do with a loan spell somewhere to play some games, I don't think he has started for us yet in over two years has he?

That could potentially leave us with midfield options of - Holtby, Rothwell, Johnson, Buckley, Travis & Whiteman for 3 spots.

And Dack, our BEST PLAYER FFS

• Like 2

Not sure how much truth there is to this since Whiteman played for Donny last night in the EFL Trophy. 
Surely if he’d already met with Mowbray and ‘everything was signed’ then he wouldn’t still be turning out for them - especially in a fairly meaningless game. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Not true.  Who's brother?

Oh dear, that’s no fun. There’s someone working at Aerospace in Burnley telling folks he’s Whiteman's brother and he’s signed/signing for Rovers! 

22 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Please can you point out these 6 out of 7 wins that he was a big part of?

Best run I can find is 6 wins in 8 - and he only played in 4 of those.