BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I mention him last week as possible loan option. 

Not playing at Leicester currently 

Leicester probably want to let him out on loan ,they have Pereira to come back yet so Castagne and Pereira will most likely be first choice with Justin and Fuchs the cover .

I'd prefer a permanent deal for a player but from what I have seen of Thomas would suit or style with his attacking play could be a good option if it is to be only loans 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It's not anyone making it up.Its a fact the club has a 12 month extension,there is nothing Dack can do about it.kaminski has a similar year option.

There is nothing the player can do to stop the year clause activating if the club decide to renew for a year.

It's happened before at Rovers and at other clubs so dont understand how you ain't convinced?

I'm not convinced as a matter of law you can compel someone to sign an extension against their will. It's tantamount to slavery.

However if it's used as a tool in football to ensure the parent Club gets a decent fee in the event of a sale then fair enough. 

Doesn't change much IF he wants to go and there's interest though. He'll be offend we just get a better fee.

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm not convinced as a matter of law you can compel someone to sign an extension against their will. It's tantamount to slavery.

However if it's used as a tool in football to ensure the parent Club gets a decent fee in the event of a sale then fair enough. 

Doesn't change much IF he wants to go and there's interest though. He'll be offend we just get a better fee.

Yeah well to be fair we hardly expected Dack to stay around forever if we don't look like getting promoted so the year option is good protection if they do decide to part ways next summer.

Even if a player has a four year contract if they want to leave then nothing really clubs can do about it these days.

Plus the club has a wage ceiling,bit hard to convince a player to sign a new contract for say 20k a week when they know they can get 30+ elsewhere.Before Dack got injured the club had been talking to him about a new contract he didn't sign anything most likely because he knows he can get more money elsewhere

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Apologies if I've missed it - do we know how much the Greek GK cost?

Yes, nothing. I'm not joking. 'No initial fee'. Which implies future fees dependent on targets. Or potentially a guaranteed payment in future perhaps (like when crowds return maybe?)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He signed his agreement to it, so yes, you can. It's not against their will, they willingly consented to the clause.

• Like 2

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

That's very kind of them!

Only had a year left on his deal, but still...considering a year or two ago they agreed a 700k Euros deal with Olympiakos, it sure is kind. Amongst other likely clauses I think we can expect to lose a large percent of any future transfer fee though, so if he turns out to be brilliant we might not feel they were so kind! I wonder if that was their thinking, that nobody has much money right now and they risk losing him for nowt in a year, but in England he will have higher profile exposure and might sell for a few million...of which they can take a large slice. Dunno.

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Only had a year left on his deal, but still...considering a year or two ago they agreed a 700k Euros deal with Olympiakos, it sure is kind. Amongst other likely clauses I think we can expect to lose a large percent of any future transfer fee though, so if he turns out to be brilliant we might not feel they were so kind! I wonder if that was their thinking, that nobody has much money right now and they risk losing him for nowt in a year, but in England he will have higher profile exposure and might sell for a few million...of which they can take a large slice. Dunno.

Hopefully he has a testimonial here after his successful Premier league career. ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Experience of what? 

IMO, Mowbray has been good over contracts overall to be honest. Proper people person and good man management skills. 

Well bearing in mind the last time we lost someone meaningful via the running down of their contract was Hoilett 12 years ago....I’d say THE CLUB have been pretty good at it tbf?

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Well bearing in mind the last time we lost someone meaningful via the running down of their contract was Hoilett 12 years ago....I’d say THE CLUB have been pretty good at it tbf?

Not quite as good at having players they want rid of on large contracts though!

What about dishing out contracts to Mulgrew for 3 years, Bennett, Smallwood etc as "rewards" for getting us promoted without the foresight to see that we would be lumbered with them?

Or giving Smallwood, Hart etc extensions when the club has no income and they didnt even get onto a 9 man bench?

Not good financially for a club on a budget.

We tend to sell players just before their contracts end to be fair, I remember that happening with Marshall but you often dont get the fee you could have received otherwise.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

What about dishing out contracts to Mulgrew for 3 years, Bennett, Smallwood etc as "rewards" for getting us promoted without the foresight to see that we would be lumbered with them?

I don't remember anyone complaining about those contracts at the time... in fact quite the opposite 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Or giving Smallwood, Hart etc extensions when the club has no income and they didnt even get onto a 9 man bench?

Not good financially for a club on a budget.

We tend to sell players just before their contracts end to be fair, I remember that happening with Marshall but you often dont get the fee you could have received otherwise.

The Mulgrew one gets me. Absolutely no way he was seeing that length of contract out. 

Smallwood and Bennett I can live with. I don’t think they believed for one minute that Trav was gonna kick on so quickly. Prob thought they’d have got to the following Christmas before Smallwood was surplus. Bennett has been worth it, I’ve no axe to grind there.

The Sam Hart and Smallwood mini extensions were absolutely scandalous, 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 3

Just now, Feed the Yak said:

Won't be surprised if we're getting someone in from Leicester. I'm sure Rogers was suitably impressed with our approach during our pre-season friendly.

We have a good relationship with them. Nearly signed their young keeper On loan early in the summer. 

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, unsall said:

Amazing how you and the rest know there’s nothing going on regarding a new contract, love to know where you get the info.

Don’t get too aggy, it’s only a guess...

• Like 1