BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

As soon as crowds come back he's on the bench.   Lockdown has suited young Ben.  I don't think he can play under pressure 

Played plenty of decent games at Forest with fans.

Of course it would be great if fans here would give him a chance especially when he is busting a gut. 

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Lampard was carried by world class players, which allowed him to drift in late to the box and score a bagful. 

I'm not sure we have the same luxury - right now it's very much about shoehorning Dack into a settled team. 

In Armstrong's position is the only one to suit him in a 433 imo. Not as quick but more likely to stay onside. Lol!

2 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

Yes, Dack lacks the pace needed in the premier league. 

I'd like to see him come on first as sub for Armstrong. With Dolan and BB doing the running either side. 

How has no one called out this post?!?! 

Have you forgotten how good Dack is? lol

He's our best player by a country mile.

Short memories lads short memories

• Like 4

@RoversClitheroe you are definitely right on Dack. 

I am not saying that Dack is or isnt Premier League quality but its a load of bollocks to suggest that not having pace means you have no chance in the top flight. Not that Dack is slow. Im not comparing them as players but Kane isnt fast, yet he is prolific. James Rodriguez has come in and taken to the league like a duck to water, he isnt fast. Aguero has lost his pace, he is still a big player for city. There are plenty of attacking players who arent blisteringly quick who make up for it

The thought of having Dack (when fit obviously, maybe initially he will need to be a sub) on the bench and the likes of Rothwell, Dolan and Brereton starting is crazy. Dack starts along with Armstrong as the 2 we build around, if it takes a bit of compromise elsewhere then to suit our best players then so be it. Rothwell has flattered to deceive for 2 years, Brereton has upgraded from looking totally out of place on a football pitch to non threatening in front of goal but sometimes offering useful aspects and promise, and Dolan has 3 league starts under his belt, ever. None of them are anything close to having the credit in terms of earning a first team place that Dack has.

High press, technical and at times counter attacking football will suit Dack anyway.

• Like 3

• Backroom

I think we've shown we can still compete without Dack in the team, which is a positive should he get injured again or be sold, but when he's fit he's still our best player and needs to be involved in the first eleven. 

• Like 2

Couple points:

- Hoilett was a Bosman transfer, not a 'free' transfer. Didn't go to tribunal as we agreed to compensation of £3m, rising to £4m with appearances: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19750830

- Re: opinions on Mulgrew's contract extension, at least looking back at posts at the time, you're not going to find a lot dissent (if any!): https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/33229-the-godlike-genius-of-charlie-mulgrew/&page=4

See from when the news was first posted on 15 Nov 2018. I count 16 positive posts in a row, with only one post adding the caveat 'provided his body holds up'. And then you see opinions have changed pretty rapidly after the thread was resurrected after winter haha...

Possible I'm overlooking critical comments elsewhere, and perhaps a biased thread given the title (!) and nobody feeling like picking a fight there and then, but I don't recall a lot of dissent at the time (and a search for Mulgrew posts in Nov 2018 doesn't pull up anything negative either!)

(To be clear, I'm not at all calling out any individual posters. As far as I can remember, I'd have to count myself among those cheering Mulgrew's extension too!)

Edited by RoverCanada
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vilesinner said:

Dack is a much more attacking player that both you mentioned, where pace is more important at the highest level.

I have seen both JRC and Buckley play wide and they looked pacy enough imo.

Dack can more than keep up with either of those two. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, RoverCanada said:

Couple points:

- Hoilett was a Bosman transfer, not a 'free' transfer. Didn't go to tribunal as we agreed to compensation of £3m, rising to £4m with appearances: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19750830

- Re: opinions on Mulgrew's contract extension, at least looking back at posts at the time, you're not going to find a lot dissent (if any!): https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/33229-the-godlike-genius-of-charlie-mulgrew/&page=4

See from when the news was first posted on 15 Nov 2018. I count 16 positive posts in a row, with only one post adding the caveat 'provided his body holds up'. And then you see opinions have changed pretty rapidly after the thread was resurrected after winter haha...

Possible I'm overlooking critical comments elsewhere, and perhaps a biased thread given the title (!) and nobody feeling like picking a fight there and then, but I don't recall a lot of dissent at the time (and a search for Mulgrew posts in Nov 2018 doesn't pull up anything negative either!)

(To be clear, I'm not at all calling out any individual posters. As far as I can remember, I'd have to count myself among those cheering Mulgrew's extension too!)

So what? Time changes everything/

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

@RoversClitheroe you are definitely right on Dack. 

I am not saying that Dack is or isnt Premier League quality but its a load of bollocks to suggest that not having pace means you have no chance in the top flight. Not that Dack is slow. Im not comparing them as players but Kane isnt fast, yet he is prolific. James Rodriguez has come in and taken to the league like a duck to water, he isnt fast. Aguero has lost his pace, he is still a big player for city. There are plenty of attacking players who arent blisteringly quick who make up for it

The thought of having Dack (when fit obviously, maybe initially he will need to be a sub) on the bench and the likes of Rothwell, Dolan and Brereton starting is crazy. Dack starts along with Armstrong as the 2 we build around, if it takes a bit of compromise elsewhere then to suit our best players then so be it. Rothwell has flattered to deceive for 2 years, Brereton has upgraded from looking totally out of place on a football pitch to non threatening in front of goal but sometimes offering useful aspects and promise, and Dolan has 3 league starts under his belt, ever. None of them are anything close to having the credit in terms of earning a first team place that Dack has.

High press, technical and at times counter attacking football will suit Dack anyway.

There are so many other examples too...Charlie Austin did alright for himself with no pace. Danny Ings, Giroud, David Silva, Mata, Daniel Sturridge, Diangana

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

There are so many other examples too...Charlie Austin did alright for himself with no pace. Danny Ings, Giroud, David Silva, Mata, Daniel Sturridge, Diangana

harry kane is`nt exactly rapid neither was kenny dalglish,it`s whats up in the mind,if you can see whats going to happen before anyone else,then you`ve already got a start on them,bobby moore could`nt run,he could read the game better than anyone else though,hence he did`nt need to be quick

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

Are you insane? His skill and work ethic are a massive part of our success this season. 

But hey, he and Dolan didn't play so great against a team set on defending and you turn on him at the first opportunity; sad indeed.

Are you his mum ? What's he getting for tea tonight ?

How long has he been here ? Hardly my first opportunity.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

I think he can be. He isn't fast but he sure isn't slow..

Rothwell is world class at dribbling, just a pity he shoots like a 12 year old girl most times.

But his passing has improved.

JRC is decent, has potential, could become a Premier League player in time maybe.

He doesn't have an ice cube in hell's chance of becoming 'world class'.

• Like 4

I think he can be. He isn't fast but he sure isn't slow..

Rothwell is world class at dribbling, just a pity he shoots like a 12 year old girl most times.

But his passing has improved.

JRC is decent, has potential, could become a Premier League player in time maybe.

He doesn't have an ice cube in hell's chance of becoming 'world class'.

• Like 2

I don’t see what everyone sees in jrc that could boast of potential world class tags or even premiership potential. I think I’m time he could become a steady regular for us , I don’t see much else to suggest more. Not that he can’t become a premier league player.  just i currently don’t see it even potentially 

• Like 8

Rothwells dribbling isn't world class either, as much I like him so far this season. He can take a player on for sure and has pace but history shows it usually goes nowhere. That has seemingly improved thus far this season from CM, so hopefully it continues. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I don’t see what everyone sees in jrc that could boast of potential world class tags or even premiership potential. I think I’m time he could become a steady regular for us , I don’t see much else to suggest more. Not that he can’t become a premier league player.  just i currently don’t see it even potentially 

Same, he seems destined to be a utility man for me. What is his actual position anyway? Solid everywhere but doesn't stand out anywhere (although still early days and he can prove me wrong). Admittedly, he has shown he can pick a pass. But I have not seen much else so far. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Rothwells dribbling isn't world class either, as much I like him so far this season. He can take a player on for sure and has pace but history shows it usually goes nowhere. That has seemingly improved thus far this season from CM, so hopefully it continues. 

I'm trying to think of the last player with world class attributes that trotted out in the blue and white halves. 

Bentley's crossing, maybe? Bellamy's pace?

• Like 1