BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

20 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm trying to think of the last player with world class attributes that trotted out in the blue and white halves. 

Bentley's crossing, maybe? Bellamy's pace?

Friedels massive hands 

after that , Duffs dribbling. shearer . doesn’t need an attribute just a surname 

robbie savages hair

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I don’t see what everyone sees in jrc that could boast of potential world class tags or even premiership potential. I think I’m time he could become a steady regular for us , I don’t see much else to suggest more. Not that he can’t become a premier league player.  just i currently don’t see it even potentially 

Yeh I didn't mean I personally expect it to happen (unless it's with a promoted Rovers) but I certainly wouldn't rule it out. Seems a hard working type and that means his game should improve for a few years yet.

• Like 1

On the world class discussion, only been the following since the Prem started, who were just full on undisputable world class players that have played for us.

Shearer

Friedel

Duff

There's an argument for Tugay, and his technique certainly was. After that you can only say some players had some world class attributes, as some have mentioned, rather than being all around world class. It's not an easy title to earn (or shouldn't be). For me it more or less means you can get in the starting 11 of nearly any team in the world.

None of our current crop, talented and promising as they are, have the possibility of becoming world class as far as I can see. Slight possible exception of Dolan just because his tricks are unreal, but he has a very long way to go yet.

Shame we never signed Lewandowski btw, then I could have added another to the list.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Same, he seems destined to be a utility man for me. What is his actual position anyway? Solid everywhere but doesn't stand out anywhere (although still early days and he can prove me wrong). Admittedly, he has shown he can pick a pass. But I have not seen much else so far. 

I agree, I have never been overly impressed/excited by him, he usually slots in fine but little more.

That isnt a big issue necessarily. The academy creating key players for the team like Lenihan, Travis and Nyambe, but there is also a requirement for it to produce players to prevent us from having to sign squad fillers, maybe Rankin Costello will become one of them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Rothwells dribbling isn't world class either, as much I like him so far this season. He can take a player on for sure and has pace but history shows it usually goes nowhere. That has seemingly improved thus far this season from CM, so hopefully it continues. 

Personally I think Rothwell's dribbling is very good. Just because he goes nowhere doesn't mean he can't dribble. It's his decision making that is often lets him down, trying it in the wrong areas.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm trying to think of the last player with world class attributes that trotted out in the blue and white halves. 

Duff for me. Second only to Giggs perhaps in how he had the speed, dribbling and end product.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Evans fit to play for country but unfit for club ...this guy for real ? 

probably played more games for country then club this season ... Another one who should have left the club long time ago ... 

I agree it always seems to be the case, but if he stays injury free and comes back match fit then it's probably a good thing for us on this occasion.

35 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Personally I think Rothwell's dribbling is very good. Just because he goes nowhere doesn't mean he can't dribble. It's his decision making that is often lets him down, trying it in the wrong areas.

Kind of the point i was making. I would class somebody as a world class dribbler if it actually led to much. head dwon a lot and sometimes porr decisions. That said, have loved him so far this season and if you look back, I always thought he had it in him. I thinkt he role he is playing right now suits him, he is not a winger but a driving force from midfiled.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Joe Petchi, that French lad.

Wonder what he is up to now.

Just watched the first 15 mins of Norways game to have a quick look at Alesaami and gave to say was not impressed at all,. Got caught out positionally a couple of times and should have given away a stone wall penalty after a wild hack on an opposition player. 

Judging from what I saw a good quality loan would be the better move

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

Just watched the first 15 mins of Norways game to have a quick look at Alesaami and gave to say was not impressed at all,. Got caught out positionally a couple of times and should have given away a stone wall penalty after a wild hack on an opposition player. 

Judging from what I saw a good quality loan would be the better move

Was trying to find that game earlier, just realised its on sky red button