BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

If Aleesami’s performance for Norway tonight is anything to go by, we should be steering well clear. There’s a strong chance he’d make Bell look like prime Roberto Carlos ?

Edited by JoeH

12 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

But for injuries I’d argue Dunn could’ve been world class

I think he had the ability to be but even without injuries I think his mentality would have also held him back. He just didn’t seem like he would be 100 percent committed to the professional lifestyle which is what it would have taken for him to ever reach those upper echelons

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

But for injuries I’d argue Dunn could’ve been world class

Love the sentiment, but world class :D

These are world class:

Zidane

Vieira

Keane

Figo 

Iniesta

Xavi

Ronaldinho

Kaka

Edited by Gav
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There's a difference between World class and International class. In my book World class means the best 11 players in the World in their position at any one time. Freidel was the best goalkeeper in the World for a spell, Duffer was the best left winger at one time. Shearer was probably the best striker in the World in his time at Rovers. Dunny wasn't at that level and I don't think he would have been even if he had been injury free.

Fair enough, world class to me means they wouldn’t look out of place in any team in the world. I think had Dunn buckled down he could’ve been played a part at Barca or juve. I rate him highly obviously as you do freidel

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

A bit of both. Bit of a tight hamstring I believe. 

Hopefully we (Norn Iron) rest him now for the next game. 

It would be typical if he has picked up an injury for Northern Ireland and misses further games for us upon his return. 

Hes definitely a useful player but I suspect we have to cut ties in the summer. As a senior player with no doubt a wage befitting he cant be relied upon.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It would be typical if he has picked up an injury for Northern Ireland and misses further games for us upon his return. 

Hes definitely a useful player but I suspect we have to cut ties in the summer. As a senior player with no doubt a wage befitting he cant be relied upon.

Well he got his face smashed putting his head in where it hurts for us. 

I think he'll probably be okay.

Really sweet cross he put in tonight and industrious display.

Gonna be handy for us in tough away games; reminds me a little of a poor man's David Batty.

41 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Fair enough, world class to me means they wouldn’t look out of place in any team in the world. I think had Dunn buckled down he could’ve been played a part at Barca or juve. I rate him highly obviously as you do freidel

Dunn was more skilled than Duff imo.

And as much world class as Big Brad was. 

To me Rothwell is world class running with the ball. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

Dunn was more skilled than Duff imo.

And as much world class as Big Brad was. 

To me Rothwell is world class running with the ball. 

Nope, definitely nope, and also nope for me. Sorry. As much as I rate them both. Game of opinions of course.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Don't worry, Evans will be fighting fit for the NI next game. Once he returns to Ewood, he will be injured until the next international game. Then he will be ready to go again.

We are probably happy to get the insurance compo from NI and save paying his wage.

Beyond a joke now.

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There's a difference between World class and International class. In my book World class means the best 11 players in the World in their position at any one time. Freidel was the best goalkeeper in the World for a spell, Duffer was the best left winger at one time. Shearer was probably the best striker in the World in his time at Rovers. Dunny wasn't at that level and I don't think he would have been even if he had been injury free.

Terrific natural talent but like many others the upstairs looked like it needed a lot of keeping in check and would probably have been an issue. 

11 hours ago, JoeH said:

If Aleesami’s performance for Norway tonight is anything to go by, we should be steering well clear. There’s a strong chance he’d make Bell look like prime Roberto Carlos ?

He was woeful, got to be better premier league loans out there.

I know Luke James has been mentioned also Baba Rahman from Chelsea available. Both would be far better than Alesaami

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wonder what Vilesinner would have made of Bryan Douglas if Rothwell is World Class running with the ball. I don't think there is a suitable adjective.

I never had the pleasure of seeing Douglas in the flesh but if Rothwell is World Class at running with the ball then Sellars was the greatest player that ever lived. 

• Like 9