BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

11 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Didn't even recognize him tbh and was too embarrassed to ask lol. But yeah, now i remember, Petrovic, came with a reputation of scoring good goals from midfield. Completely pants he was.

He's been the one player over the years that has always stood out to me.  I don't think he was a League 1 player.  He was so lost.  He played for some decent clubs after Rovers which was shocking (some Turkish club, Kyiv, Sporting, Rio Ave, and Almeria.)

Look, here's my view... we are loaded up front, have a major weakness at LB (maybe LF/LAM if BB doesn't continue his current form, but have plugged all of our other holes.  This squad has the chance to to go up.  Gallagher sucks out wide right, but will play there when Little Messi isn't fit or not in form.  TM has his faults, but he has steadied the ship.  This is our best chance to go up in 10 years.  Let's have fun with this season and not be at each other's throats.  This should be a magical ride.  Let's enjoy it and stop the bickering (and hope we get a new LB).

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, USA Rover said:

He's been the one player over the years that has always stood out to me.  I don't think he was a League 1 player.  He was so lost.  He played for some decent clubs after Rovers which was shocking (some Turkish club, Kyiv, Sporting, Rio Ave, and Almeria.)

Look, here's my view... we are loaded up front, have a major weakness at LB (maybe LF/LAM if BB doesn't continue his current form, but have plugged all of our other holes.  This squad has the chance to to go up.  Gallagher sucks out wide right, but will play there when Little Messi isn't fit or not in form.  TM has his faults, but he has steadied the ship.  This is our best chance to go up in 10 years.  Let's have fun with this season and not be at each other's throats.  This should be a magical ride.  Let's enjoy it and stop the bickering (and hope we get a new LB).

YES 

100% agreed

If Brennan continues his development, he will be a threat to Gallagher being selected as well.

• Like 3

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Think it’s due to have a long standing aversion to seeing a page of a thread that just contains quoted loonnggg posts with  ’This’, ‘Great post’... 

Great post ........ But if that's ^ not what you're going to do it doesn't make sense not to quote. It makes the thread easier to read.

I think I may just be tired?

Looking at some left backs in the PL, any chance for us to get any of these guys ?

- Sam McQueen

- Achraf Lazaar

- Rahman Baba

I don't know too much about these players, I guess some others on this board do ? It just seems like they are not getting any game time at their clubs.

12 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Looking at some left backs in the PL, any chance for us to get any of these guys ?

- Sam McQueen

- Achraf Lazaar

- Rahman Baba

I don't know too much about these players, I guess some others on this board do ? It just seems like they are not getting any game time at their clubs.

Baba used to be great for Augsburg before Chelsea paid a lot of money for him. I had to check what he's been up to since and he's been loaned out a lot but hardly played. Guessing lots of injuries

Just going off at a tangent for a minute - it mentions a player called Lewis Baker in my paper. It says he's been a Chelsea for 16 years and has played 133 league games- non of them for Chelsea ! It also mentions a 23 year old Chelsea player called Izzy Brown who's been loaned out 9 times. They have 25 players loaned out at the moment. What's that all about ?

32 minutes ago, Swanson said:

- Sam McQueen

- Achraf Lazaar

- Rahman Baba

Luke Thomas from Leicester City or Brandon William's from Man Utd could be options. 

Cant see Lazaar or Baba being option due to wages

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dont think that theres any chance of Williams. Southampton tried and failed for him I read on deadline day.

They wouldn't guarantee playing time I heard was the reason it didn't happen.He is currently behind Telles and Shaw so don't see him playing a lot for the first team this year.

They would probably want a good portion of his wages paying that would most likely rule us out if he is made available

We do have a new player being added to the squad before December - I believe he's called Bradley Dack .........

The player who really needs to buckle down and perform consistently and effectively in the current structure is Joe Rothwell.  You have to say Bradley Johnson has been a revelation this season and Lewis Holtby is looking like the player we hoped he would be.  Both have stepped up a level in consistency and effectiveness from last season.  Joe Rothwell shows potential, is exciting when he carries the ball forward in the final third but is inconsistent and if I was facing a firing squad I would hope he was in it.

The system Rovers are playing (4-3-3) seems to be bringing the best out of the team, add that to see the really heartening performances by Williams at centre-back means that the one position I think Rovers need to sign a player to help improve the side is left-back.  As discussed there are free agents out there that might fit the bill.  I am a little concerned about the right back slot but we will see on that.

Also well done to the European scouting team as the signing of two goalies shows.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just going off at a tangent for a minute - it mentions a player called Lewis Baker in my paper. It says he's been a Chelsea for 16 years and has played 133 league games- non of them for Chelsea ! It also mentions a 23 year old Chelsea player called Izzy Brown who's been loaned out 9 times. They have 25 players loaned out at the moment. What's that all about ?

That's nothing compared to 2016 when they had 38 players on loan,i guess the idea must be sign a load of  young players or older players for cheap and loan out hoping to make a profit on them if the loan is successful.

45 minutes ago, Roversider said:

You have to say Bradley Johnson has been a revelation this season and Lewis Holtby is looking like the player we hoped he would be.  Both have stepped up a level in consistency and effectiveness from last season.  .

You are talking as if we are three quarters through the season.  There's no doubting Johnson and Holtby's abilities are top of the championship/bottom of the premier when at their peak.  4 games out of 46, let's hold our horses and see what happens.  

This PR nonsense is pointless.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Brandon Williams????

Not a chance, the lad is destined for a great career, hard as nails as well.

He will be playing under 23 football for the year if he doesn't go out on loan this season.

He is already behind Shaw and they have just signed Telles who will be ahead of him this year too.

Not saying we will sign him as we probably wouldn't pay the proportion of his wages that United would want but wouldn't be surprised to see him move to a championship club at least till January.Agree he looks to have a bright future in the game 

23 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You are talking as if we are three quarters through the season.  There's no doubting Johnson and Holtby's abilities are top of the championship/bottom of the premier when at their peak.  4 games out of 46, let's hold our horses and see what happens.  

This PR nonsense is pointless.

I agree it takes a whole season before the jury is out, but so far so good.  The point I was trying to make is that we went into this transfer window needing a CM and another CB, Johnson and Holtby are, in my opinion, showing we don't need another CM, Williams form excludes the need of another CB.  The signings made look very promising with Dolan a wildcard win at the moment - I know, too early to tell ....

Extrapolate your 'pointless' comment and you could say anything on this Board is pointless :)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Roversider said:

I agree it takes a whole season before the jury is out, but so far so good.  The point I was trying to make is that we went into this transfer window needing a CM and another CB, Johnson and Holtby are, in my opinion, showing we don't need another CM, Williams form excludes the need of another CB.  The signings made look very promising with Dolan a wildcard win at the moment - I know, too early to tell ....

Extrapolate your 'pointless' comment and you could say anything on this Board is pointless :)

Williams has still a tendency to nearly undo all his good work with suicidal passes. And not sure how he will hold up in proper ariel tests through the season. But with young Tyler excellent against Leicester and the good young centre backs we have, we should be okay. 

Agree totally regarding Holtby and Johnson. And great to have the talented Buckley and reformed Chapman in reserve, along with Dack soon coming back.

41 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Williams has still a tendency to nearly undo all his good work with suicidal passes. And not sure how he will hold up in proper ariel tests through the season. But with young Tyler excellent against Leicester and the good young centre backs we have, we should be okay. 

Thats the problem isnt it.....we have all been hoodwinked again into acceptong Del as a serious defender.   But when he does cock up, its ok because the guy who can't get into the team because of Del will step up and be the answer....doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 4