BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 hours ago, Silas said:

Can I ask why?

What area/s do you think they're far better than us?

Defence, scoring goals, midfield, manager, experience? 

Based on last season, they were superior in all areas!!!

23 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Please can you stop trying to provoke people into a reaction?
You’ve said this about five times and it’s getting a bit boring. Imagine the fans of a club selling their two best players and being angry that they’ve replaced them with two inferior players. Almost like our fans are unreasonable and that’s a quality exclusive to our fan base....

How is that provoking a reaction? I’m making a point...it’s valid. Lots of people Very accepting of it and others (maybe yourself) taking it personally and that’s their / your problem.

The point still stands. It started as a light hearted joke...was rounded on by people who love to hammer the club and accepted by others. It’s no more provoking than lots of the stuff on here and seeing as the thread had moved on by at least a page or two then why have you brought it up again publicly? Maybe hoping for a few snide ‘likes’...sound ??

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 47er said:

Whenever I've seen Bannon he's stood out as a class player, admittedly in the Championship. If we sold Holtby and bought Bannon I would not be going nuclear.

I darent go back to my original point (which did not suggest that this place would go nuclear if we swapped Holtby for Bannan) 

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

How is that provoking a reaction? I’m making a point...it’s valid. Lots of people Very accepting of it and others (maybe yourself) taking it personally and that’s their / your problem.

The point still stands. It started as a light hearted joke...was rounded on by people who love to hammer the club and accepted by others. It’s no more provoking than lots of the stuff on here and seeing as the thread had moved on by at least a page or two then why have you brought it up again publicly? Maybe hoping for a few snide ‘likes’...sound ??

I don’t understand why it had to be brought up so many times. The fans of any club would be fuming if their best players were sold and replaced with inferior ones. We are hardly unique in that regard. 

As for the timing, well, I was working until after 7, then played football from 8-9, so I only managed to catch up just now....
Could not care less about ‘snide’ likes, or any other kind of likes in reality.

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I darent go back to my original point (which did not suggest that this place would go nuclear if we swapped Holtby for Bannan) 

Well that's true, I'm just using your own terminology to opine that I think Bannon is a really good player.

4 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

I happen to think if brentford replace watkins and benharma with bannan and toney they will be weaker

Bannan would not be the Benrahma replacement, they signed a winger called Ghoddos who had been playing in Ligue 1. Paul Mani's implication that Bannan was part of the replacement for those 2 was inaccurate.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Bizarre signing if true. I thought we’d filled the back-up option with the signing of Stergiakis. Maybe Fisher along with Hilton or Eastham go out on loan with Stergiakis playing for the U23’s?

51 minutes ago, JoeH said:

We have keepers dropping out of our arse now, especially young back-up ones. Has to be a load of bollocks.

He must mean Mowbray has gone to buy some pears in Middlesbrough from his favourite market. And that he hogs the covers from Mrs M at night.

Nicko must have been on the Buckfast.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Bannan would not be the Benrahma replacement, they signed a winger called Ghoddos who had been playing in Ligue 1. Paul Mani's implication that Bannan was part of the replacement for those 2 was inaccurate.

I bet he's another benrhama type too.  Them lads have a proper European Scouting Network.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Bizarre signing if true. I thought we’d filled the back-up option with the signing of Stergiakis. Maybe Fisher along with Hilton or Eastham go out on loan with Stergiakis playing for the U23’s?

Why all these on the payroll when we are supposed to be skint....

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

We have keepers dropping out of our arse now, especially young back-up ones. Has to be a load of bollocks.

He must mean Mowbray has gone to buy some pears in Middlesbrough from his favourite market. And that he hogs the covers from Mrs M at night.

Nicko must have been on the Buckfast.

Probably didnt see we signed a goalkeeper the other week 

Would be ridiculous if this is true

The club have already said the plan is for Fisher to go on loan and Eastwood to be the under 23 keeper.

Nixon probably stirring the pot to drive interest in a transfer somewhere else or perhaps simply running late not having noticed the Rovers signing.

Pears was always going to cost a transfer fee from everything I read.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucimo said:

Surely this is bollocks. And if any more proof was needed that nicko talks a lot of the aforementioned, this is it. 

It has to be, Pears will require a fee and we will surely not pay for a backup keeper this late in the window when we already got one. Would make no sense.