BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

5 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Pears does play for Middlesbrough, as did his dad, so that has to be factored into the equation?

It's fairly routine to have 3 keepers (Kaminski, Greek lad, Pears) and that means our young keepers can go out on loan.

Probably bollocks though. Maybe Nixon isn't aware we bought the Greek lad. 

When was the last time we had 3 senior goalkeepers in the squad?

Just now, Swanson said:

When was the last time we had 3 senior goalkeepers in the squad?

https://www.rovers.co.uk/teams/first-team/ Now. We've got 4.  Kaminski, Eastham, Stergiakis & Fisher all listed as 1st team. Like I said, fairly routine to have 3 keepers in the 1st team squad.

Fisher will be going on loan by all accounts, Eastham is going to be the U23 keeper so we are back to 2 keepers. Pears being signed isn't beyond the realms of possibility. 

It depends if Nixon is aware of us signing the Greek lad. If he's not then it's probably bollocks, like I said. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/teams/first-team/ Now. We've got 4.  Kaminski, Eastham, Stergiakis & Fisher all listed as 1st team. Like I said, fairly routine to have 3 keepers in the 1st team squad.

Fisher will be going on loan by all accounts, Eastham is going to be the U23 keeper so we are back to 2 keepers. Pears being signed isn't beyond the realms of possibility. 

It depends if Nixon is aware of us signing the Greek lad. If he's not then it's probably bollocks, like I said. 

Well yes, but would you really count Eastham and Fisher as senior keepers even tough they are listed as 1st team ? No experience on senior level at all. At least Stergiakis has played some games.

Just now, Swanson said:

Well yes, but would you really count Eastham and Fisher as senior keepers even tough they are listed as 1st team ? No experience on senior level at all. At least Stergiakis has played some games.

Probably why he might want Pears. If the Greek lad or Kaminski gets injured we are back to square one. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

If Mowbray buys Pears now, it will cement the fact that his recruitment is random rather than shrewd.

We need a left back.

Hopefully we will get some further update from the Oracle (Nixon) about how things have ‘moved on’.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stuart said:

If Mowbray buys Pears now, it will cement the fact that his recruitment is random rather than shrewd.

We need a left back.

Hopefully we will get some further update from the Oracle (Nixon) about how things have ‘moved on’.

Douglas from Leeds is close according to multiple reports.That will be left back sorted.

Sign Pears or not it will be a good window IF Douglas signs as expected.

6 hours ago, islander200 said:

I'd move Evans on if any interest.Sick of him always being fit for international duty but hardly ever for us.

Agree although for once actually the international stuff has come in handy and might benefit Rovers as he's at least getting some useful action.

All falls to bits if he gets injured again, allegedly in some cases and i stand where i always have on Evans. Been a very lucky man to be at Ewood in this era, good player to have in the squad but he's needed moving on for a while now. Things are changing in that dept and he's going to end up being another expensive bench warmer.

Odd how nobody ever comes in for him seeing as he gets rated so highly for NI, then again they've seen how he operates and what he earns here.

We saw a £6m influx of cash from Venky's, maybe they've bitten the bullet and given Mowbray a little bit more than was expected around the time Stergiakis came in. 

Could we see a few in by Friday with a little bit more kitty than was first decided? Maybe Fisher leaves permanently and Eastham goes on loan.

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Odd how nobody ever comes in for him seeing as he gets rated so highly for NI, then again they've seen how he operates and what he earns here.

No surprise whatsoever to me, imo he's been crap during his seven years here with the exception of a couple of months when he first arrived and that's nothing whatsoever to do with his injury record, more the fact that he'd rather abdicate responsibility and pass the ball 2 yards sideways and backwards to his nearest team mate rather than try and make something happen himself.

I fear we're lumbered with him until his contract expires. It would be a right result if anyone came in for him.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Surely we don't need another keeper and i thought he was getting over the old boys act.  Trouble is with TM i fear rotating keepers next if he has a load on the books !

We don't need another keeper. What's the point in loaning keepers out then paying to bring in another keeper to replace them?

Talking about the old pals act, we don't need Downing back either.

We do need an actual left back, not someone who can fill in there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Douglas in, Downing too if reasonable as he can be the utility player that Bennett isn't. 

Interesting thought but if that was the thinking, surely you'd have to offload Bennett before you brought in Downing?

I wouldn't be too averse to that but like Evans no-one would be likely to want the equally useless Bennett.

27 minutes ago, JoeH said:

We saw a £6m influx of cash from Venky's, maybe they've bitten the bullet and given Mowbray a little bit more than was expected around the time Stergiakis came in. 

Could we see a few in by Friday with a little bit more kitty than was first decided? Maybe Fisher leaves permanently and Eastham goes on loan.

Interesting indeed.

Pears is obviously someone they like. Maybe they’ve got the option to have him for wages and want to bolster that keeping department. It would make sense if they don’t think Eastham Hilton or Fisher are ready.

Whilst it feels like a luxury and maybe they have asked the owners for some cash, having Kaminski, Stergiakis and Pears as our three first team keepers says “We’re ready to go for it”.

I fully expected a LB and maybe a PL loan CM or forward. If we get those AND Pears...wow!

I think it could be a very interesting end to the transfer window.

• Like 1

Not overly keen on spending on another keeper... surely we can use that money for a loaned central midfielder? Left back seems (fingers crossed) done from various media outlets, we still have a Travis shaped hole in midfield though. Hopefully it’s a case of a keeper and midfielder and not one or the other...

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

I think the small cash injections are fairly routine but more as a means of general funding, nothing to suggest it id for a sudden transfer splurge.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

It's just over 4 months since VLL's last share issue.

As we are certain to be haemorrhaging even more cash through COVID, I think the only surprise is this issue has taken so long.

I would be amazed if Mowbray has any flexibility.

Edited by Mercer