BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think the small cash injections are fairly routine but more as a means of general funding, nothing to suggest it id for a sudden transfer splurge.

22 minutes ago, Mercer said:

It's just over 4 months since VLL's last share issue.

As we are certain to be haemorrhaging even more cash through COVID, I think the only surprise is this issue has taken so long.

I would be amazed if Mowbray has any flexibility.

Potentially could mean something, whilst most likely meaning nothing. Last summer we saw a similar sized influx of cash to fund a random expensive move for Sam Gallagher so who knows.

To go from hearing nothing to seeing Pears, Douglas and Wilson linked, the day after a £6m injection of funds into the club, suggests quite heavily that the cash injection is a transfer budget boost in some way.

26 minutes ago, Mercer said:

It's just over 4 months since VLL's last share issue.

As we are certain to be haemorrhaging even more cash through COVID, I think the only surprise is this issue has taken so long.

I would be amazed if Mowbray has any flexibility.

Are you not amazed that Mowbray hasn't had to sell any of our big hitters like you predicted for the countless window in a row.

Window to date has been ok,left back will take it to being a very good window.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

We saw a £6m influx of cash from Venky's, maybe they've bitten the bullet and given Mowbray a little bit more than was expected around the time Stergiakis came in. 

Could we see a few in by Friday with a little bit more kitty than was first decided? Maybe Fisher leaves permanently and Eastham goes on loan.

Covering operational losses.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Mowbray hoping for 2 or 3 in hopefully today.

I hope he is right but I'll believe that when I see it. When did we last get 2 or 3 done in a day?

Yeah he has said many times we are close to a few only for nothing to happen.

At least this time we will find out by 5pm tomorrow

Just now, philipl said:

Covering operational losses.

Just find it curious that we're now being told we want three new faces by tomorrow, the day after a significant cash injection.

Just now, islander200 said:

If we are bringing in 2 or 3 now then it would be logical to think the cash injection has something to do with it 

Agreed. Can't be a coincidence after everything being so relatively quiet. To go from "we might see one or two on loan to help the squad" to "we want 2-3 players today" is quite a tonal shift.

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

To go from hearing nothing to seeing Pears, Douglas and Wilson linked, the day after a £6m injection of funds into the club, suggests quite heavily that the cash injection is a transfer budget boost in some way.

I really don't think it works like that at all it's just rounding up the books when they do this.

Has Whiteman ever been linked to us by anyone other than Sparks Rover? Where are the media links.

Would be amazed if we bought anyone for a 7 figure fee, the main 2 links seem to be Douglas on loan, an area we have tried for all window so suspect that the cash injection is purely coincidental and this is just the earliest we could get it done, and Pears for a fairly nominal fee.