BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

4 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Downing and Pears would be a poor waste of resources.

Downing, as mentioned, is about 15mph behind the pace our team is trying to play at, and a top ten earner... which can't happen when we need to renegotiate with so many.

Downing in, basically relegates one of Holtby or Rothwell (or Brereton) to the bench OR means we skimp on Douglas/ANother LB. 

Thought he was good last season, but now that ship has sailed.

Pears... why? We have signed our presumptive #1 and #2, plus we have Fisher, Hilton, Eastham AND two Academy keepers. That is already 8 Keepers for 3 shirts.

----

Douglas is on £30k a week (promotion wage rise) and the hold up is the fact Leeds think they can get 50%+ covered AND a loan fee, that is why Watford have cooled on him. 

We can't afford Downing AND Douglas.

We’ll have all the bargaining power with Downing, he’ll be on nowhere near what he was on last season if we sign him. Might be alright as a backup/cheerleader a la Bennett, but shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team.

• Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18796488.tony-mowbray-provides-blackburn-rovers-transfer-update/

“We’re not cash rich at this moment, we’re not flush with cash, we’re not going out to buy a £1m footballer, they’ll probably be loans."

Corresponds with suggestions that the injection of £6m is nothing to do with funding a late transfer splurge.

The main problem with Downing is match fitness, he definitely is a regular in the squad assuming he maintains last seasons standards, I think this notion that he slows play down is a little harsh, he was incredibly productive on the ball and created miles more than anyone else. But if we are to sign him, surely sign him before the weekend when we are struggling to name a bench.

• Like 1

Why are Evans and Kaminski an issue?

Hundreds of players on international duty this week will need covid testing upon their return. They will do the test then appear for their clubs this weekend. Not sure why our players should be any different unless they test positive but not sure why it is an issue Mowbray needs to bring up.

I'm very concerned by our injury record. They are dropping like flies. Something wrong with our fitness or training.

Personally I’ll be disappointed if we sign pears, I don’t see the point, when we have stergikias. Seems like a waste of wages if you ask me. 

In terms of Douglas, will be happy to get that over the line and finally have another left back on the books. Will be interesting to see how it turns out with him, will either be a big success or his age/injury issues might catch up with him leaving him unable to make much of an impact.  On paper though a really good signing and he’ll have my full backing. 

I don’t believe the Harry Wilson rumours for one second. Surely he is well out of our budget. Though, if somehow true, what a signing that would be. Premier league quality. 

I’m struggling to work out where this money has come from because I swear TM said we only had enough for a couple of loans or one perm not too long ago? And that was before stergiakas came in. Let’s see how the day turns out

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

obviously Harry Wilson is a quality player but does he not play off the right where Dolan plays?

I dont think theres any chance of Wilson, seems a rumour that has snowballed from little, but Wilson has got history of goals and assists and a major impact across a season at this level. Dolan has only a handful of senior appearances, there would be nothing wrong with signing a more readymade player and having Dolan bubbling along capable of either impacting from the bench or equally playing off the opposite side.

• Like 5

My guess is the Pears one will be done easily (very odd to be bringing in yet another keeper) and hopefully Douglas on loan. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we got anyone else especially anyone with pedigree. Suppose we might get a PL young loan for midfield but Mowbray's comments don't excite me. No money, loans, looking for competition to fill out the squad due to injuries.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think theres any chance of Wilson, seems a rumour that has snowballed from little, but Wilson has got history of goals and assists and a major impact across a season at this level. Dolan has only a handful of senior appearances, there would be nothing wrong with signing a more readymade player and having Dolan bubbling along capable of either impacting from the bench or equally playing off the opposite side.

Absolutely, Dolan has been great so far but he is still just a kid and cannot be expected to play every game. Wilson is a better player and Dolan could be the quick legs to come on from the bench.

We are dreaming if we think we are getting Wilson anyway...

• Like 3